[December 08, 2022, 10:54:28 PM]

2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread by DoctorV
[December 08, 2022, 09:47:44 PM]

Remember, Remember, by DoctorV
[December 08, 2022, 09:44:29 PM]

Big East Results 22-23 by GoldenEagles03
[December 08, 2022, 08:55:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star Wars Universe Thread  (Read 5983 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Star Wars Universe Thread
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2022, 07:44:12 AM »
I love the show and I don't "hate" her. I just find her storyline the least interesting -- and, as you said, the most repetitive -- of all of them so far.

And why do we care that her daughter is a rude, spoiled brat? Right now, I sure don't. But hey, maybe she goes on to be some big shot in the rebellion ... or in the Empire!

See, I’m fascinated by the daughter.  The role of a rebellion leader leads to things not really covered in Star Wars, how it impacts the family.  There are unintended consequences
Tis a shame, 'tis a rotton shame, for if ye can enjoy the walkin’ ye can probably enjoy the other times in yer life when ve're in between. And that's most o' the time; wouldn't ye say?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2022, 08:31:42 AM »
See, I’m fascinated by the daughter.  The role of a rebellion leader leads to things not really covered in Star Wars, how it impacts the family.  There are unintended consequences

I'm hoping she emerges as a leader of some kind down the line, which will have made that part of the storyline be something other than a distraction. Just my opinion. It's cool that a series like this can offer different things to different viewers.
"We have a severe problem in American life today called the assault on truth." -- Pulitzer Prize winning New Yorker editor David Remnick

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2022, 10:05:06 AM »
Mon Mothma's storyline is a stark contrast to Luthen's actions.   Mon is trying to play by the rules and she's not only stuck, the walls are starting to slowly close around her.

Meanwhile, Luthen is "condemned to use the tools of my enemies to defeat them."  He's willing to get dirty and do morally questionable things, like sacrifice Anto Kreegyr.  And he lies constantly.  He denies  being involved with Aldahni when he talks to Saw.  He tells Saw that Kreegyr has 30 men, but I'm pretty sure he tells Lonni it's 50.

But while Mon is paralyzed, Luthen is getting stuff done.  The contrast of Mon to Luthen shows that there is no such thing as a civilized rebellion.   You have to be willing to fight dirty.

brewcity77

• All American
  • SJW is a badge of honor, not a pejorative.
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2022, 09:41:10 PM »
I'm hoping she emerges as a leader of some kind down the line, which will have made that part of the storyline be something other than a distraction. Just my opinion. It's cool that a series like this can offer different things to different viewers.

It will be interesting to see if at some point, Mon has to decide between her daughter and the rebellion.
When asked how he felt about Marquette being picked to finish ninth in the Big East, Tyler Kolek only had two words:
"F**k 'em."

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2022, 06:06:23 AM »
Waiting over a year for season two seems cruel
Tis a shame, 'tis a rotton shame, for if ye can enjoy the walkin’ ye can probably enjoy the other times in yer life when ve're in between. And that's most o' the time; wouldn't ye say?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2022, 08:07:09 AM »
Waiting over a year for season two seems cruel

Enjoyable season finale, but there are so many open storylines!

Next up: 3 months till Mando S4.
"We have a severe problem in American life today called the assault on truth." -- Pulitzer Prize winning New Yorker editor David Remnick

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2022, 01:25:37 PM »
It will be interesting to see if at some point, Mon has to decide between her daughter and the rebellion.
So far it’s looking like the latter!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2022, 01:49:27 PM »
Enjoyable season finale, but there are so many open storylines!

Next up: 3 months till Mando S4.

I thought a few things would be closer storyline wise.  The next season takes us right up to Rogue One.  They also added a few storylines taking the characters off Ferrix, too.  Have to assume they become charchters within the rebellion.  Such a good show

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2022, 08:52:57 PM »
Starting to see Andor show up on tv (ABC yesterday, FX today). I’m wondering if great reviews but supposedly lower viewership is forcing them to try and push it out on traditional channels?

As an aside, as used to 4k as I am now, it’s fun seeing the broadcast quality for this show. Makes you appreciate the quality of 4k more.

brewcity77

• All American
  • SJW is a badge of honor, not a pejorative.
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2022, 05:38:02 AM »
So far it’s looking like the latter!

Of course, but it's a huge opportunity for major emotional stakes.
When asked how he felt about Marquette being picked to finish ninth in the Big East, Tyler Kolek only had two words:
"F**k 'em."

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2022, 03:05:31 PM »
Rewatched the Andor season finale today.  So much emotion packed into it, even on a 2nd watch.

It would have been even better if Disney let them use the original line, "F*ck the Empire" instead of "Fight the Empire."  But alas, it was still very good.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2022, 03:37:52 PM »
Rewatched the Andor season finale today.  So much emotion packed into it, even on a 2nd watch.

It would have been even better if Disney let them use the original line, "F*ck the Empire" instead of "Fight the Empire."  But alas, it was still very good.

I love that the old lady got to beat some empire butt in the end