[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star Wars Universe Thread  (Read 13683 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Star Wars Universe Thread
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2022, 09:51:13 PM »
Midway through the series, Andor is pretty darn good.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2022, 10:14:17 PM »
So good.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2022, 11:52:16 AM »
Episode 7 lacks the action of the previous episode but didn’t lack in tension.  Cliched to call it grown-up Star Wars but that’s what it is up to this point.

There’s been some complaints about pacing being too slow but after the odd pacing of Kenobi, this is much better. 

Tying all the characters together when they’re worlds apart is a neat trick.  The collision course and how they get to it will be interesting.  So far, they’ve pulled it off to this point, hope they can stick the landing
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »
Episode 7 lacks the action of the previous episode but didn’t lack in tension.  Cliched to call it grown-up Star Wars but that’s what it is up to this point.

There’s been some complaints about pacing being too slow but after the odd pacing of Kenobi, this is much better. 

Tying all the characters together when they’re worlds apart is a neat trick.  The collision course and how they get to it will be interesting.  So far, they’ve pulled it off to this point, hope they can stick the landing

Agreed. Another great episode.  Andor is a character development driven series with the occasional action scene.  Those action scenes have been great, but the primary focus is character development.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2022, 12:30:03 PM »
Andor keeps getting stronger.  Wow.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »
Andor keeps getting stronger.  Wow.

It’s really quite good.  The multiple plots are pretty well interwoven and for a show that was said not to pander, it’s hit the right amount of fan servuce.  Great call outs in design to other sci-fi, including THX-1138

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2022, 10:20:31 AM »
Damn, Andor is really nailing the horrors of fascism.

I can't wait for episode 10 next week.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2022, 02:40:06 PM »
I read that they were going to do 5 seasons but cut it back to 3.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2022, 09:56:02 PM »
I read that they were going to do 5 seasons but cut it back to 3.

Gilroy originally planned 5 seasons, but he realized that would take 10 years to complete.  So he scaled back to two seasons (24 episodes total).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2022, 06:05:08 AM »
Diego Luna already looks significantly older in Andor than he did in Rogue One. Push it out 10 years and there's no way anyone believes it's a prequel.

That said, awesome show. Incredibly compelling, particularly telling a Star Wars story with virtually none of the fantastical elements that make it Star Wars. No Force, minimal aliens, but excellent character development and background on why the Empire is the villain it is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2022, 11:17:52 AM »
Gilroy originally planned 5 seasons, but he realized that would take 10 years to complete.  So he scaled back to two seasons (24 episodes total).

Rolling Stone had a story on.  I was trying to post but I couldn't find my RS login.

Season 1 is Year 1 and 12 episodes.
Season 2 is Year 2 through 5 and every 3 episodes will cover a year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2022, 11:31:39 AM »
Andor continues to deliver.  The Mon Mothma subplot got way more complicated.  Two great speeches.  One by Kino Loy (spin-off?) and Luthen’s at the end. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2022, 12:21:39 AM »
Andor continues to deliver.  The Mon Mothma subplot got way more complicated.  Two great speeches.  One by Kino Loy (spin-off?) and Luthen’s at the end.

Fabulous writing and acting.  Such a tense episode.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2022, 05:01:50 AM »
Great episode
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2022, 06:34:27 AM »
Andy Serkis has been amazing.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2022, 02:23:44 PM »

I agree.  A great show and too bad there are only 2 episodes left in the season.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2022, 05:18:53 PM »
I agree.  A great show and too bad there are only 2 episodes left in the season.

Completely agree. Maybe the best Star Wars show so far. I love how well they've fleshed out the universe while effectively ignoring the Force. Wish they were running the whole series right now.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2022, 11:44:42 PM »
Incredibly compelling, particularly telling a Star Wars story with virtually none of the fantastical elements that make it Star Wars. No Force, minimal aliens, but excellent character development and background on why the Empire is the villain it is.

Finally watched ep 10 tonight. Wow ... what a thrill! Agree with everything you say here about the series.

I'm a huge Mandalorian fan, but I've sure enjoyed Andor.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2022, 05:39:09 PM »
Weakest episode thus far.  Star Wars action with the space fight and Cassian’s scene with Melshi at the end the highlights.  It’s all woven together for what I’m sure will be action heavy season finale.

Nitpicking the Mon Mothma dilemma ahead of her.  Could probably have been dealt with already?  That conclusion is the one that doesn’t necessarily mesh with the other stories as neatly at the moment

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2022, 06:43:57 PM »
I thought it was a good episode.   Lots of emotion packed into it.  Served its purpose as a bridge between episode 10 and the season finale.

I'm expecting next week to deliver as much as episodes 6 and 10 did.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2022, 10:10:57 PM »
Do we see B-2EMO’s OS and personality loaded into a K2 unit in season 2?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2022, 10:12:06 PM »
Power ranking of ships that don’t suck

Falcon
Fondor
Slave 1
Vader’s TIE
Mando’s Starfighter
Red 5
Hammerhead Corvette
Razor Crest

MU82

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2022, 06:51:51 AM »
Weakest episode thus far.  Star Wars action with the space fight and Cassian’s scene with Melshi at the end the highlights.  It’s all woven together for what I’m sure will be action heavy season finale.

Nitpicking the Mon Mothma dilemma ahead of her.  Could probably have been dealt with already?  That conclusion is the one that doesn’t necessarily mesh with the other stories as neatly at the moment

Agree about Mon. My least favorite character/storyline of the season. I hope that if she's going to be featured so prominently, we get some kind of resolution or at least a worthy cliffhanger in the season finale.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2022, 07:36:54 AM »
Agree about Mon. My least favorite character/storyline of the season. I hope that if she's going to be featured so prominently, we get some kind of resolution or at least a worthy cliffhanger in the season finale.

It’s a fascinating dilemma they’ve put her in.  She’s a clearly conflicted character that is trying to straddle a very fine line between working within the system while keeping options open outside it.  It’s a big moral dilemma for the character, both with her family and her future.  Somehow, it feels repetitive so far.  They could have done better with it but it is a real nit I’m picking.  Probably works better as a seperate story.  Then again, maybe it makes sense after next week

MU82

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2022, 07:41:20 AM »
It’s a fascinating dilemma they’ve put her in.  She’s a clearly conflicted character that is trying to straddle a very fine line between working within the system while keeping options open outside it.  It’s a big moral dilemma for the character, both with her family and her future.  Somehow, it feels repetitive so far.  They could have done better with it but it is a real nit I’m picking.  Probably works better as a seperate story.  Then again, maybe it makes sense after next week

I love the show and I don't "hate" her. I just find her storyline the least interesting -- and, as you said, the most repetitive -- of all of them so far.

And why do we care that her daughter is a rude, spoiled brat? Right now, I sure don't. But hey, maybe she goes on to be some big shot in the rebellion ... or in the Empire!

feedback