[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: More conference realignment talk  (Read 318365 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: More conference realignment talk
« Reply #2050 on: March 25, 2023, 09:30:25 AM »
In my opinion, looks like AZ is setting the table to jump to the Big 12. Here are the comments:

University of Arizona president Robert Robbins tried to quiet rumors that his school, or any in the Pac-12, is currently looking to the Big 12 for membership.

"There's a lot of disinformation, for instance, that Arizona is going to the Big 12," Robbins said recently.

"We're not going to the Big 12. We wanna see what the deal is here [in the Pac-12] because we are all, including Arizona, including Arizona State, and all the other schools, want to keep the Conference of Champions together.
"

Fist impression is the comments are in direct opposition to my conclusion. BUT, if AZ or any other school wants to avoid legal liability for the implosion of the PAC 12 they must make the strongest comments in support of the PAC 12 right up to the point when they leave. The comments feel like the dreaded "vote of confidence" for a coach. 

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #2052 on: March 25, 2023, 10:30:31 AM »

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #2053 on: March 25, 2023, 11:11:17 AM »
https://www.offtackleempire.com/2023/3/24/23654940/matt-painter-purdue-dusty-may-florida-atlantic-badgers-hoosiers-terrapins-wolverines-spartans-izzo

An opinion piece about the Big 10 being a mid major.    Enjoy.

Thanks Tower. I DID enjoy this very much. Especially after Izzo's asinine comment about the Big 10 being the best bball conference.  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #2054 on: March 25, 2023, 12:01:43 PM »
Great headline, although Wisconsin probably wins the consolation prize NIT.
F’em!
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #2055 on: March 25, 2023, 12:22:37 PM »
https://www.offtackleempire.com/2023/3/24/23654940/matt-painter-purdue-dusty-may-florida-atlantic-badgers-hoosiers-terrapins-wolverines-spartans-izzo

Spot on, although I will give the Big 10 credit for more often than not having the ability to get quality non-conference wins in November and December which keep their team NET scores artificially high the rest of the year and make most of their games quad 1 and 2 regardless of how much the team might have regressed.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2056 on: March 25, 2023, 12:33:16 PM »
Looks like the ACC finally knows what the rest of the country has known for years....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35945209/jim-phillips-acc-meet-changing-men-hoops-narrative

Phillips makes PC's AD look like a grown ass man. Someone get that man some cheese to go with his whine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 01:36:26 PM by WhiteTrash »

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #2057 on: March 25, 2023, 02:01:27 PM »
Looks like the ACC finally knows what the rest of the country has known for years....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35945209/jim-phillips-acc-meet-changing-men-hoops-narrative

Phillips make PC's AD look like a grown ass man. Someone get that man some cheese to go with his whine.

The league was clearly inferior and it show in the results.  The actual game results.  This guys is an idiot.  Wow!  Jay Bilas will probably in lock step with this clown.  Embarrassing.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #2058 on: March 25, 2023, 02:06:15 PM »
In my opinion, looks like AZ is setting the table to jump to the Big 12. Here are the comments:

University of Arizona president Robert Robbins tried to quiet rumors that his school, or any in the Pac-12, is currently looking to the Big 12 for membership.

"There's a lot of disinformation, for instance, that Arizona is going to the Big 12," Robbins said recently.

The only way most of the Pac 12 survives as major college players is if they merge with the Big 12.

Only Washington and Oregon otherwise survive if this doesn't happen.

It isn't if, it's when!

Same for the ACC, expect its screwed.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #2059 on: March 25, 2023, 10:52:32 PM »

Sorry to bump this thread. But I just can't get enough of the B10 NCAA Tourney performances being called out as fraudulent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2060 on: March 26, 2023, 12:48:44 PM »
Enjoyed it, except for the silly argument that Conference USA is much good at hoops.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2061 on: March 26, 2023, 01:03:27 PM »

Phillips make PC's AD look like a grown ass man. Someone get that man some cheese to go with his whine.

What a total embarrassment of a conference.  This is the same freaking league that poached Pitt and Syracuse, and then L'Ville, and immediately proclaimed it to be the best conference in history with a sit down on ESP.N with Coach K, Roy, Pitino, and Boeheim.  What a pathetic, cry-baby, response.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2062 on: March 26, 2023, 01:58:46 PM »
What a total embarrassment of a conference.  This is the same freaking league that poached Pitt and Syracuse, and then L'Ville, and immediately proclaimed it to be the best conference in history with a sit down on ESP.N with Coach K, Roy, Pitino, and Boeheim.  What a pathetic, cry-baby, response.
Out of curiosity I popped over to a Syracuse site to see how Phillip's act is playing to his constituents, 9/10 think he's a cry baby, embarrassing and some think he should be fired. Even a couple of calls to return to the Big East  :D

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #2063 on: March 26, 2023, 04:30:42 PM »
Enjoyed it, except for the silly argument that Conference USA is much good at hoops.

League is having an solid post season run. I believe 14-1. Yet, 4 of the schools move to the AAC in June.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2064 on: March 28, 2023, 08:15:06 PM »
This is not aging well. Holding their own against P6 schools.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2067 on: May 02, 2023, 08:01:08 PM »
Is that serious? Because that makes no sense.
The PAC is a mess. BYU would have been a good fit but they fell asleep at the wheel.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #2068 on: May 02, 2023, 08:17:29 PM »
PAC12…San Diego St is a no-brainer. UNLV is upgrading facilities combined with being the ‘in’ market. Surprised no discussion on them.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #2069 on: May 02, 2023, 08:23:38 PM »
Problem is that UNLV has absolutely sucked on the football field and hasn’t done much better elsewhere.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Viper

• All American
« Reply #2070 on: May 02, 2023, 10:40:24 PM »
Problem is that UNLV has absolutely sucked on the football field and hasn’t done much better elsewhere.
true that, but Colorado has been football garbage for a lot of seasons. I would think UNLV would elevate in hoops with PAC12 entry, and football might get to ‘good enough’. Splashy market, close proximity on travel. I don’t know if the academics align.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #2071 on: May 02, 2023, 11:48:15 PM »
true that, but Colorado has been football garbage for a lot of seasons. I would think UNLV would elevate in hoops with PAC12 entry, and football might get to ‘good enough’. Splashy market, close proximity on travel. I don’t know if the academics align.

I'm pretty sure that academics no longer matter in conference alignment.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #2072 on: May 03, 2023, 03:53:14 AM »

Colorado’s football history way exceeds UNLV’s. And I think the theory that a conference will help to lift up a relatively bad program has been disproven repeatedly.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #2073 on: May 03, 2023, 03:54:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure that academics no longer matter in conference alignment.

I would have agreed but explain their supposed interest in Rice and Tulane?

feedback