[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 152541 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2021, 07:55:35 AM »
What an amazing coincidence that you just happened to tune in at the precise time that showcased Sam at his absolute worst. Odds against it probably 1000-1. And yet I’m not even surprised a little. Amazing...

LOL, I know all the meat-eaters thought all it would take for Sam to turn into the next Larry Bird was to get away from Wojo.

But I guess since that didn't happen, accusing Scoopers of lying about something so trivial is how they deal with it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2021, 07:56:42 AM »
EDIT: Oh, and BTW, I also saw Sam have an excellent 5-minute stretch against UNC on Saturday - hit a pair of 3s, had a steal and a nice pass. Not surprising; he's a very good player.

WHY DID'T YOU POST ABOUT IT THEN HUH???  YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO COVER UP WOJO'S PROBLEMS!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2021, 08:13:18 PM »
Joey has 3 turnovers in final minute to seal the loss for MSU in a close game, loss to Purdue.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2021, 08:28:02 PM »

LOL, I know all the meat-eaters thought all it would take for Sam to turn into the next Larry Bird was to get away from Wojo.

But I guess since that didn't happen, accusing Scoopers of lying about something so trivial is how they deal with it.

Sam is Sam. I never said (or predicted) otherwise.

Mike and I are friends and we sometimes give each other sh$t. Not surprised you don’t get it - you don’t seem like a guy who has many (any?). But by all means continue to insert yourself in all of my back and fourths. The obsessed really don’t have a choice, a’ina?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2021, 08:33:39 PM »
Joey has 3 turnovers in final minute to seal the loss for MSU in a close game, loss to Purdue.

I missed it but ty for the synopsis.  :)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2021, 08:38:32 PM »

He was 3-4 from the floor, all from 3...so naturally he bricked a 3 late when they needed a bucket, in addition being sloppy with the ball.  Kid is a mess right now.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2021, 08:54:56 PM »
He was 3-4 from the floor, all from 3...so naturally he bricked a 3 late when they needed a bucket, in addition being sloppy with the ball.  Kid is a mess right now.

If your life depended on who would take the triple in the clutch among all MU players?   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2021, 09:14:28 PM »
Currently?   DJ
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2021, 10:16:17 PM »
Fair to say at this point the Hauser boys' decision to transfer is working out for absolutely no one.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2021, 10:22:09 PM »

teal eyn'a?  i never heard this from any of those "savages".  please re-read lenny's  post.  that had to sting a little, but dittos on ya lenny!
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2021, 10:35:55 PM »
Fair to say at this point the Hauser boys' decision to transfer is working out for absolutely no one.

I don't think that's fair to say about Sam at all. He's got a pretty good thing going at Virginia. They lost their last game, and he had a bad stretch, but he has played quite well for them and they could have a pretty nice run in the NCAAs ... something he sure never had at Marquette.

As for Joey, Izzo and Wojo ... you're right there. Hausershima hasn't worked out all that swell for them.

Anybody who would call Joey anything but a major disappointment is delusional, and obviously MSU and MU are hot messes. Especially MU.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2021, 11:01:47 PM »
I don't think Virginia is that good.  They've stacked wins in a mediocre ACC and have been blown out by the best teams they've faced.

Virginia Tech beat them by 14, Florida State beat them by 21, and Gonzaga beat them by 23.

I still see them as a tourney team. Probably an 8 or 9 seed based on talent, though they're actual seed will probably be higher.  But I don't see Virginia going very far in the Dance.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2021, 11:08:10 PM »
I don't think that's fair to say about Sam at all. He's got a pretty good thing going at Virginia.

At this point, I'm glad Sam decided to transfer.  MU would have been better with him last year, but that ended in covid misery for every team.  Glad he gets to play this year - and I guess he now gets another year option too?  Hell, 20/20 hindsight, everyone should have transferred 2 years ago and sat out last year.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »
I don't think that's fair to say about Sam at all. He's got a pretty good thing going at Virginia. They lost their last game, and he had a bad stretch, but he has played quite well for them and they could have a pretty nice run in the NCAAs ... something he sure never had at Marquette.

Anything could happen, especially this year, but this Virginia team is not good. They've played three games against teams in the NET and KenPom top 40. They're 0-3 in those games, losing by 23, 14 and 21 points, respectively. They have as many Quad 1 wins as Marquette. They've beaten up on a lot of non-tournament teams, but nothing on their resume to date indicates they're a threat for a pretty nice run.
Obviously the pandemic changed everything - something that couldn't have been known when he decided to transfer - but had he and his brother returned to MU, last year's MU team would have been better than this Virginia team.
In the meantime, Sam's two years older and his pro prospects are no better - and probably worse - than had he turned pro instead of transferring after the 2019 season. He's 23 years old now but still the same player he was at Marquette, almost literally. His numbers this year are nearly identical to what he did for three seasons at Marquette. And his lack of NBA-level athleticism continues to be glaring. Anyone who believed the year off would help him in that regard was mistaken.
If he's in a happier place, then he made a great decision for himself. But from a purely basketball perspective, he's worse off.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:16:09 PM by Pakuni »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2021, 11:23:43 PM »
Anything could happen, especially this year, but this Virginia team is not good. They've played three games against teams in the NET and KenPom top 40. They're 0-3 in those games, losing by 23, 14 and 21 points, respectively. They have as many Quad 1 wins as Marquette. They've beaten up on a lot of non-tournament teams, but nothing on their resume to date indicates they're a threat for a pretty nice run.
Obviously the pandemic changed everything - something that couldn't have been known when he decided to transfer - but had he and his brother returned to MU, last year's MU team would have been better than this Virginia team.
In the meantime, Sam's two years older and his pro prospects are no better - and probably worse - than had he turned pro instead of transferring after the 2019 season. He's 23 years old now but still the same player he was at Marquette, almost literally. His numbers this year are nearly identical to what he did for three seasons at Marquette. And his lack of NBA-level athleticism continues to be glaring. Anyone who believed the year off would help him in that regard was mistaken.
If he's in a happier place, then he made a great decision for himself. But from a purely basketball perspective, he's worse off.

I doubt Sam would say he's worse off.

We'll see what happens the rest of the year. I'm not rooting for him, but I'm not rooting against him either.

I don't think Virginia is that good.  They've stacked wins in a mediocre ACC and have been blown out by the best teams they've faced.

Virginia Tech beat them by 14, Florida State beat them by 21, and Gonzaga beat them by 23.

I still see them as a tourney team. Probably an 8 or 9 seed based on talent, though they're actual seed will probably be higher.  But I don't see Virginia going very far in the Dance.

The beautiful thing is that we'll get to see!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2021, 12:36:10 AM »
Joey 11 4 and 2 off the bench. Spartans continue their losing ways.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2021, 05:31:25 AM »

Nope.  They look like a team that will get blown off the court at some point by 20-30.  The defense is good and they’re still the slowest team in the nation but as soon as they play a team that’s making baskets, game over.

I didn’t realize just how bad the ACC was until looking at their wins. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2021, 07:03:17 AM »
At this point, the optics of losing two brothers who were WI high school stars and starters for Marquette, one of whom was a cornerstone in the rebuilding effort and had played three good years for the program, are worse than the potential production lost from those players.

It doesn’t matter how bad Joey and MSU are doing, or how little Sam has changed since going to Virginia.  Losing them will be a black eye for Wojo for as long as he’s at Marquette.  It will always be seen as the beginning of the end for him here.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2021, 07:26:35 AM »
At this point, the optics of losing two brothers who were WI high school stars and starters for Marquette, one of whom was a cornerstone in the rebuilding effort and had played three good years for the program, are worse than the potential production lost from those players.

It doesn’t matter how bad Joey and MSU are doing, or how little Sam has changed since going to Virginia.  Losing them will be a black eye for Wojo for as long as he’s at Marquette.  It will always be seen as the beginning of the end for him here.

Oh I agree with you there.  But the idea that all they needed was better coaching and they would blossom into huge stars is a bit much.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:51 AM »

Oh I agree with you there.  But the idea that all they needed was better coaching and they would blossom into huge stars is a bit much.

I agree.  I’ll admit that I wanted them to do well because it’d be one more thing I could rip Wojo for, another notch in his belt of ineptitude.  But after watching them both multiple times this year, they’re the same guys they were at Marquette.  And I guess you can probably say that about 99% of transfers.  I’m sure some Nebraska fans were probably saying it about Ed Morrow.

And really, in the “ripping on Wojo” department, how they performed at their new schools was immaterial.  The damage was done simply by their leaving.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2021, 08:49:47 AM »

Yup.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »

The beautiful thing is that we'll get to see!
Amen!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2021, 11:44:33 AM »
Joseph Hauser is apparently glued to the bench.  8th or 9th man now??  Will he transfer back to MU with a different coach?

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2021, 12:48:24 PM »
Joseph Hauser is apparently glued to the bench.  8th or 9th man now??  Will he transfer back to MU with a different coach?
Spartans Winning over Indiana, Joey have another poor performance lots of missed shots and turnovers

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »
Spartans Winning over Indiana, Joey have another poor performance lots of missed shots and turnovers

The secret may be to not play Joey?

feedback