collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 153350 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021 Thread
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2021, 12:11:52 PM »
Those numbers are essentially what he was putting up at Marquette.  I was led to believe that he was much better than that!

More points, more rebounds, better FG% (62% from two), all in fewer minutes. The only major stat lower for him is assists.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2021, 12:13:51 PM »
No Sam to pass it to.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »
More points, more rebounds, better FG% (62% from two), all in fewer minutes. The only major stat lower for him is assists.

He didn’t say they’re identical. He said they’re basically the same, which they are. Given he had a full year to develop under one of the best coaches in the game, and is playing for a team that is having less success than Marquette was having with Joey, I doubt MSU fans are thrilled with a guy they thought was better than big bro and would be the best player on one of the best teams in the country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2021, 12:31:20 PM »
Early in the season after the Duke win a Coworker messaged me thanking me for Joey, I don't think she's as happy now
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2021, 12:43:25 PM »
I'm getting a real "peaked early" vibe from Joey.  I am sure he will improve some, but I doubt we will see drastic improvement from here on out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2021, 12:45:21 PM »
He didn’t say they’re identical. He said they’re basically the same, which they are. Given he had a full year to develop under one of the best coaches in the game, and is playing for a team that is having less success than Marquette was having with Joey, I doubt MSU fans are thrilled with a guy they thought was better than big bro and would be the best player on one of the best teams in the country.

I also don’t think MSU fans expected all but two players on the roster to get COVID. He’s still #2 on the team in scoring (behind their top returner) and top rebounder by far. But the obsessed him to fail, so...
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
I'm getting a real "peaked early" vibe from Joey.  I am sure he will improve some, but I doubt we will see drastic improvement from here on out.

he'll still definitely end up wealthier than most of us were in his 20s whether here or Europe but yeah I agree. In the little I've seen he doesn't seem to have that next step.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2021, 04:07:02 PM »

Joey peaked at 17.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2021, 05:01:24 PM »
he'll still definitely end up wealthier than most of us were in his 20s whether here or Europe but yeah I agree. In the little I've seen he doesn't seem to have that next step.

i believe he still has a way to go yet.  he hasn't put 2 solid seasons together yet
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2021, 05:18:59 PM »
  i believe he still has a way to go yet.  he hasn't put 2 solid seasons together yet

Good point. But then again any 6'10 guy who can put the ball on the floor, stretch it, post up, and rebounds above average will make good money somewhere for sure. He's definitely not the sure fire first rounder that people pegged him to be when he committed that's for sure
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2021, 05:44:34 PM »
Good point. But then again any 6'10 guy who can put the ball on the floor, stretch it, post up, and rebounds above average will make good money somewhere for sure. He's definitely not the sure fire first rounder that people pegged him to be when he committed that's for sure

point well taken & i love to see "local boy does good" stories.  if joey could suddenly play with a rodgers-like chip on his shoulder, ya never know.  he's got some serious work to do on his quickness(lack there of) and lateral movement.  he's no doubt, a shooter and a ball handler.  2 of the things he was relied upon for most of the teams he played on...until college.  he found that he could get away with the lack of stuff...until now.  let's call it the henry syndrome

you know who's freaking me out that i didn't see coming at all? 

playing(and STARTING) for one of the elite programs in the country, going pro after one year, becoming a first round NBA pick AND doing quite well at the highest level mind you.

ya'll know who i'm talking about too
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2021, 06:01:51 PM »
I also don’t think MSU fans expected all but two players on the roster to get COVID. He’s still #2 on the team in scoring (behind their top returner) and top rebounder by far. But the obsessed him to fail, so...

Because they were really killing it before their covid shutdown.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2021, 10:35:10 AM »
Sparty fan to me this morning at shift change.    "The whole team is lousy, but you can have Joey back."
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2021, 07:29:27 PM »
Sam and the Cavs had their first loss in league play tonight on the road against against a strong VA Tech squad. Sam with 10 -5 -1 stat line.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »
Sam and the Cavs had their first loss in league play tonight on the road against against a strong VA Tech squad. Sam with 10 -5 -1 stat line.

H and H are good college players but I don't see then playing NBA ball.  They might get a cup of coffee but that's about it.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2021, 08:59:28 PM »
Joey 10 9 and 3 in The Spartans loss to Iowa tonight.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2021, 12:45:10 PM »
Joey 10 9 and 3 in The Spartans loss to Iowa tonight.

Great line for a one and done.  LOL

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2021, 02:34:38 PM »
He made this big fuss about not getting enough touches and he goes to an arguably better program in MSU and has been stinking it up. Makes no sense. Then again, he is a kid.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »
He made this big fuss about not getting enough touches and he goes to an arguably better program in MSU and has been stinking it up. Makes no sense. Then again, he is a kid.

Can't blame him when he has probably been told he is a basketball God his entire life by everyone around him. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2021, 03:14:22 PM »

Is he "stinking it up?"  There is an argument that he peaked early and isn't going to ultimately what we thought he would be as a high school player, but he's not playing poor by any means.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »
Sam off to a good start against NC State

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2021, 03:43:55 AM »
Sam 18-5 -1 in the Cavs win over NC State.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2021, 07:20:17 PM »
Sam 23 6 and 1 in the Cavs win over Pete. Another strong 3 point game for Sam going 3/4 from distance

tower912

• All American
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2021, 07:39:01 PM »
My whole opinion of Joey has changed.    Watching him ask Izzo "What do you want me to do?" after another turnover made me feel for him.    Also, after his latest buzz cut, it turns out he has a bald spot.     Lots of sympathy.   

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2021, 07:47:12 PM »
My whole opinion of Joey has changed.    Watching him ask Izzo "What do you want me to do?" after another turnover made me feel for him.    Also, after his latest buzz cut, it turns out he has a bald spot.     Lots of sympathy.
Announcers talking in-depth about Joeys zero point game in the Spartans win over Nebraska