[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 86780 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Vote!
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »
My village .. is now at 65% voter turnout via mail.   In-person starts tomorrow.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2020, 07:12:17 PM »
I am still negative.

COVID or in general? ;D
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
COVID or in general? ;D
Are you kidding me? Which Scooper has a more positive attitude than I do?

Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2020, 07:45:27 PM »
My village .. is now at 65% voter turnout via mail.   In-person starts tomorrow.

Very nice.

In Minnesota, 25% of all registered voters have already returned mail-in ballots. I can’t find numbers for early voting at the polls, but I have read plenty of stories of long lines since voting began.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »
The list of symptoms are a joke. I am doing PT at a medical facility twice a week and I am asked them every time. They are so ridiculously broad that it is almost impossible not to have any of them.

It's winter and I am an older woman.  When do I not have body aches, a headache, and/or a runny nose?

BTW I was tested yesterday and I am still negative.

The list of symptoms are the symptoms for the disease.  Not sure why that's a "joke."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2020, 08:03:23 PM »
Are you kidding me? Which Scooper has a more positive attitude than I do?
Me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »
About 150 million Americans are expected to vote.

Approximately 20% of them already have done so.

Some very interesting stats here:

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2020, 07:17:04 AM »

The list of symptoms are the symptoms for the disease.  Not sure why that's a "joke."

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "joke', but it is overly broad.

They are also symptoms of dozens of other diseases. Or no disease at all.  Should everyone with a headache quarantine for two weeks?
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2020, 08:05:24 AM »

They are also symptoms of dozens of other diseases. Or no disease at all.  Should everyone with a headache quarantine for two weeks?

IMO, the question of it being overly broad depends on what they do with positive answers...especially since you said it's a medical facility that would have the expertise to do so.

When they ask you the list of symptoms, do they tell you that you will have to quarantine if you answer any of them with a 'yes'? Or if you say 'yes,' do they ask for more context...like if you answer 'yes' to body aches, do they ask if they are constant or more than you might usually experience?

If any 'yes' leads to refused entry, then I agree it is overly broad.

But if a 'yes' just leads to further inquiry to flesh out the context, then it seems like a prudent step to take.

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2020, 08:07:29 AM »

It's not about being quarantined for two weeks.  It's about being tested.  If you are feeling sick, even if you think its allergies, or just a cold, etc., that you should be tested.  That's what they are getting people to do.  And you should quarantine until the results come back.

My wife usually gets a bad cold around the beginning of fall.  On Tuesday she started feeling bad, she was tested Wednesday morning, and got back the negative results by Friday afternoon.  She felt better by Monday.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:16:22 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2020, 09:18:09 AM »
My 75 year old mother was just admitted to the hospital.  Unlikely she will be able to physically vote on 11/3.   She talked about voting by mail, but never actually did it.   

If you can vote early, do it.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2020, 09:21:44 AM »
Is it too late for her to apply for a ballot?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2020, 09:26:47 AM »
The deadline is nearing.  She is not in good shape and can't have visitors.   A fairly moot point.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »
World Central Kitchen and Allie Boy's are at Washington Park Library in Milwaukee:

https://twitter.com/WCKitchen/status/1318557525869035520?s=19
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:54:09 AM by shoothoops »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
It's not about being quarantined for two weeks.  It's about being tested.  If you are feeling sick, even if you think its allergies, or just a cold, etc., that you should be tested.  That's what they are getting people to do.  And you should quarantine until the results come back.

Clearly you don't live with allergies, or any other "chronic" condition that causes similar symptoms.  I'd have to be tested every day if I just went with things that I normally feel.  I'd quarantine for until results come back and then have to go for another test immediately.  It is important to be in tune with your body and things that aren't normal, but I've got allergies that cause asthma, and wouldn't be able to function with your specific guidelines.

Anyhow.  Vote!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2020, 11:57:56 AM »
My 75 year old mother was just admitted to the hospital.  Unlikely she will be able to physically vote on 11/3.   She talked about voting by mail, but never actually did it.   

If you can vote early, do it.

Sorry to hear about your mom, tower. Be well, my friend.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »
So glad I stumbled on this thread. I have been spending all my time on facebook and had no idea an election was coming up. I wish they would do some sort of announcement there.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2020, 12:31:37 PM »
Excellent suggestions.

I would do at least 2 of the 3 -- call an elected official you think can be trusted, and let the local newspaper know.

If you voted though, TAMU, I'm not sure if those steps will "save" your vote or not. Weird stuff, strange times.

Oxymoron?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »

Thanks. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »

+1 be well tower
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2020, 12:42:29 PM »
Yes tower, hope she recovers

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »
Yes tower, hope she recovers

In and out in less than 10 minutes to vote early in-person in Racine.

Normally just one site citywide for this, but about 10 locations this year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2020, 01:54:49 PM »
That makes total sense to me. You can't have someone arbitrarily deciding if someone is sick or not. What doesn't make sense to me is not allowing polling places to require masks. There's nothing arbitrary about whether or not someone is wearing a mask.

They are required in Milwaukee and there will be masks on site for voters that show up without.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

• All American
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2020, 01:58:00 PM »
They are required in Milwaukee and there will be masks on site for voters that show up without.

Again, I don't think that's the case.  Unless this has changed...

https://elections.wi.gov/node/6981

Q: Can municipalities require voters to wear face coverings while voting at the polls on election day?

A: No, Commission staff have advised that only the Legislature can establish individual voter qualifications.  The authority of the Legislature to establish voter qualifications is rooted in the Wisconsin Constitution.  The WEC, along with state agencies, county or local governing bodies and/or election officials, cannot pass ordinances or establish rules that add qualifications for an eligible elector to cast a ballot.  The Executive Order issued by the Governor on July 30, 2020 that requires face coverings in certain situations does not apply to voters.  No voter should be refused a ballot for lack of wearing a face covering.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:17 AM »

Again, I don't think that's the case.  Unless this has changed...

https://elections.wi.gov/node/6981

Q: Can municipalities require voters to wear face coverings while voting at the polls on election day?

A: No, Commission staff have advised that only the Legislature can establish individual voter qualifications.  The authority of the Legislature to establish voter qualifications is rooted in the Wisconsin Constitution.  The WEC, along with state agencies, county or local governing bodies and/or election officials, cannot pass ordinances or establish rules that add qualifications for an eligible elector to cast a ballot.  The Executive Order issued by the Governor on July 30, 2020 that requires face coverings in certain situations does not apply to voters.  No voter should be refused a ballot for lack of wearing a face covering.

I should've been more expansive. People without face coverings will not be allowed in polling locations. They may stay outside and have a ballot brought to them by a greeter. This is per the poll worker training I attended last week.

They cannot be prevented from casting a ballot, but they will not be allowed in the polling place.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback