[Today at 12:09:51 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Oregon decriminalization  (Read 4871 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Oregon decriminalization
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
So my understanding is that the measure would require a fine and better pathways to treatment for those who are currently arrested for simple drug possession.

Again, I guess the issue is do you want to spend state resources punishing the users of the drugs, or do you want to get them treatment, and use your prison space for those who are distributing and dealing.

you don't send them to jail, you give them a way to clear their record through successful rehab and non-recidivism.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 01:17:35 PM »
I am pro-decriminalization for possession. I think it make sense on many levels.

I will never be for legalization of the drugs being decriminalized by this statute.

+1

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2020, 01:18:45 PM »
So my understanding is that the measure would require a fine and better pathways to treatment for those who are currently arrested for simple drug possession.

Again, I guess the issue is do you want to spend state resources punishing the users of the drugs, or do you want to get them treatment, and use your prison space for those who are distributing and dealing.

....and what if they are users; do they get a free pass? Honest Judge I only gave my 20 or so buddies about a gram of heroin and 2 grams of coke each so we, including myself, could all party after doing 6 surgeries each last Friday.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 01:22:33 PM »
Sleepy Joe’s scary America already coming to fruition before he’s even elected.

I’m for it.

....Hunter is moving to Oregon.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 01:31:03 PM »
....Hunter is moving to Oregon.

I see we are down to making fun of people who used to have a drug problem!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2020, 03:45:13 PM »
I see we are down to making fun of people who used to have a drug problem!

Actually I was making fun of OREGON.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2020, 10:36:06 AM »
back to this

https://disa.com/map-of-marijuana-legality-by-state

Wisconsin is one of 7 states where marijuana is completely illegal.  And when you ask yourself what Wisconsin has in common with the other 6, the answer is... nothing.

Maybe one of the silver linings of Covid is the Tavern League losing membership and becoming irrelevant. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »
back to this

Wisconsin is one of 7 states where marijuana is completely illegal.  And when you ask yourself what Wisconsin has in common with the other 6, the answer is... nothing.

Maybe one of the silver linings of Covid is the Tavern League losing membership and becoming irrelevant.

It's past time to fully legalize it. Give states the option on whether to allow sales or not. But no longer illegal on a federal level.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2020, 10:55:37 AM »
back to this

Is the tavern league against weed being legal?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »
Is the tavern league against weed being legal?

Anything that gives a whiff of keeping people out of bars is something they oppose.  Mask mandates, marijuana, and 9pm cessation of liquor sales in many municipalities are due to the Tavern League.

Not to mention the lax drunk driving laws.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »
Anything that gives a whiff of keeping people out of bars is something they oppose.  Mask mandates, marijuana, and 9pm cessation of liquor sales in many municipalities are due to the Tavern League.

Not to mention the lax drunk driving laws.

Interesting. Knew they had their hands in a lot of things like the drink driving laws. Didn't know it went to masks weed and liquor sales. Thanks
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »
Interesting. Knew they had their hands in a lot of things like the drink driving laws. Didn't know it went to masks weed and liquor sales. Thanks

They’re the most powerful lobbying group in Madison. You can buy package beer at taverns after 9pm (at a ridiculous markup) but not stores because if them.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2020, 12:39:13 PM »
Vos is on record that he is for medical.

Fitz was the holdup, and hes now in Congress.  Hopefully the new majority leader is more open, but he is a conservative from Oostbug, the most Republican town in the state. Not holding out too much hope.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »
back to this

It really is amazing that states as conservative as South Dakota, Montana and Alaska have fully legalized marijuana, yet Wisconsin hasn’t even taken the first step by allowing it for medical reasons.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2020, 07:33:12 PM »
It's past time to fully legalize it. Give states the option on whether to allow sales or not. But no longer illegal on a federal level.
some in the industry here in CO want it kept federally illegal because it keeps it favorable to small business. Once totally legal, the likes of Pfizer or others could research and mass produce a scientifically reliable, cheap product

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »
some in the industry here in CO want it kept federally illegal because it keeps it favorable to small business. Once totally legal, the likes of Pfizer or others could research and mass produce a scientifically reliable, cheap product

It's cheap to make regardless. Where the money long-term will be, is in artisan breeds with unique characteristics.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2020, 10:32:48 PM »
It's cheap to make regardless. Where the money long-term will be, is in artisan breeds with unique characteristics.
true. They'll have to differentiate much like microbreweries have.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2020, 06:49:03 AM »
weed laws are just woefully pathetic but whatever. being against medcinal is even worse. imagine telling some twrmianlly ill guy you cant smoke a little weed cuz its bad. just sick.dont give pelple what they want. mommy knows best govmerment. can som1 tell me which goofy ass branch of wisconsin gov is the reason for this. this is a disgrace

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
[/b]

I go for the free range, locally sourced m humanely raised strains myself. Got to be gluten free too.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2020, 03:56:00 PM »

I go for the free range, locally sourced m humanely raised strains myself. Got to be gluten free too.

Organic and grain-free too, I hope....

feedback