Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: K-12 Schools & COVID  (Read 123228 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: K-12 Schools & COVID
« Reply #1025 on: April 26, 2022, 05:44:41 PM »
Implication by OP is kids caught it at school.

Source?

Nope never implied that, nor did the article. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1026 on: April 26, 2022, 05:45:09 PM »
Enlighten us Fluffy on what it said then.

Read what Spotcheck said above.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: April 26, 2022, 06:17:20 PM »
How could that have happened? I'm sure she's double boosted, wears a mask, and is extra cautious. I hope she'll be alright, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1028 on: April 26, 2022, 06:19:07 PM »
Read what Spotcheck said above.

What spotcheck said the article stated 3 out of 4 kids had antibodies from prior Covid infection.  How is that different from what I said?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: April 26, 2022, 06:27:29 PM »
How could that have happened? I'm sure she's double boosted, wears a mask, and is extra cautious. I hope she'll be alright, aina?

Pretty easily.  The American population had an opportunity to avoid this kind of infection rate had they attempted to mitigate the spread upon its arrival on these shores.

Unfortunately, we were ill-prepared to do so because we gutted our pandemic response plan after the 2016 election.  On top of that, our fragmented governments across the nation are incapable of working together and sharing information. 

You add the selfishness of the random American citizen to be inconvenienced and it’s not a surprise our handling of the pandemic was an abject failure in every regard.  When the history books are written about this down the road, it will reflect poorly in every way possible how this was handled.

We can also include the anti-vaxxers who could have also helped mitigate the omicron surge of late 2021.  Anyway you cut it, the American response as supposed leaders of the free world was embarrassing and a stain on our nation.  On the plus side, both sides of the political spectrum can use this to score points and avoid any introspection and actually learn something, aina?
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1030 on: April 26, 2022, 06:49:02 PM »
Pretty easily.  The American population had an opportunity to avoid this kind of infection rate had they attempted to mitigate the spread upon its arrival on these shores.

Unfortunately, we were ill-prepared to do so because we gutted our pandemic response plan after the 2016 election.  On top of that, our fragmented governments across the nation are incapable of working together and sharing information. 

You add the selfishness of the random American citizen to be inconvenienced and it’s not a surprise our handling of the pandemic was an abject failure in every regard.  When the history books are written about this down the road, it will reflect poorly in every way possible how this was handled.

We can also include the anti-vaxxers who could have also helped mitigate the omicron surge of late 2021.  Anyway you cut it, the American response as supposed leaders of the free world was embarrassing and a stain on our nation.  On the plus side, both sides of the political spectrum can use this to score points and avoid any introspection and actually learn something, aina?

Have you learned anything?  All I hear from you ever are tired talking points from the media and then blaming the other “side” yourself.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: April 26, 2022, 06:51:31 PM »
Nope never implied that, nor did the article.

Oh.

Your post mentioned a lot of pandemic measures present only at school.

Excuse me for being confused on the implications of mentioning those alongside the article

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1032 on: April 26, 2022, 06:55:56 PM »
Oh.

Your post mentioned a lot of pandemic measures present only at school.

Excuse me for being confused on the implications of mentioning those alongside the article

I literally said virtual learning as one of my pandemic measures and then other mandates/measures that were widely used in and out of school settings.  But the biggest black mark on our response IMO was forced school closures, cancelled extra curricular seasons, etc that led to the mental health emergency we are now facing.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: April 26, 2022, 07:05:37 PM »
Have you learned anything?  All I hear from you ever are tired talking points from the media and then blaming the other “side” yourself.

I’ve learned you’re an idiot
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

• All American
« Reply #1034 on: April 26, 2022, 07:07:08 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 07:11:32 PM by Clarissa »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1035 on: April 26, 2022, 07:24:44 PM »
Nm

Fluffy please tell me how I misinterpreted the article and “made up data”.  Unless you’re just throwing around accusations blindly which would surprise me and be very uncharacteristic of you.

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: April 26, 2022, 07:38:02 PM »
Fluffy please tell me how I misinterpreted the article and “made up data”.  Unless you’re just throwing around accusations blindly which would surprise me and be very uncharacteristic of you.

Read the article you posted then report back.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: April 26, 2022, 07:56:47 PM »
Trolls like trolling...and they like when people get taken in by their disingenuous trolling.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: April 26, 2022, 07:59:30 PM »
Trolls like trolling...and they like when people get taken in by their disingenuous trolling.

Yeah I get it. Will stop.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1039 on: April 26, 2022, 08:00:49 PM »
Read the article you posted then report back.

The researchers examined blood samples from more than 200,000 Americans and looked for virus-fighting antibodies made from infections, not vaccines. They found that signs of past infection rose dramatically between December and February, when the more contagious omicron variant surged through the U.S.

For Americans of all ages, about 34% had signs of prior infection in December. Just two months later, 58% did.

“I did expect it to increase. I did not expect it to increase quite this much,” said Dr. Kristie Clarke, co-leader of a CDC team that tracks the extent of coronavirus infections.

In the CDC report, the most striking increase was in children. The percentage of those 17 and under with antibodies rose from about 45% in December to about 75% in February.

…..the above was taken directly from the article. 

• All American
« Reply #1040 on: April 26, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »
The researchers examined blood samples from more than 200,000 Americans and looked for virus-fighting antibodies made from infections, not vaccines. They found that signs of past infection rose dramatically between December and February, when the more contagious omicron variant surged through the U.S.

For Americans of all ages, about 34% had signs of prior infection in December. Just two months later, 58% did.

“I did expect it to increase. I did not expect it to increase quite this much,” said Dr. Kristie Clarke, co-leader of a CDC team that tracks the extent of coronavirus infections.

In the CDC report, the most striking increase was in children. The percentage of those 17 and under with antibodies rose from about 45% in December to about 75% in February.

…..the above was taken directly from the article. 

Ok. You’re almost there. Now take that next step.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1041 on: April 26, 2022, 08:05:51 PM »

Ok. You’re almost there. Now take that next step.

Ahhhhh….eat Arbys?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: April 26, 2022, 08:31:01 PM »
All I hear from you ever are tired talking points from the media and then blaming the other “side” yourself.

the mental health emergency we are now facing.

🧐

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1043 on: April 26, 2022, 08:36:20 PM »
🧐

Are you suggesting the current mental health challenges are a “talking point” of one side? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/07/science/pandemic-adolescents-depression-anxiety.html

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: April 26, 2022, 10:07:20 PM »
Are you suggesting the current mental health challenges are a “talking point” of one side? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/07/science/pandemic-adolescents-depression-anxiety.html

Those with mental health problems should pull themselves up by their own boot straps

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1045 on: April 26, 2022, 11:24:54 PM »
Those with mental health problems should pull themselves up by their own boot straps

Failed sarcasm
Not much wit
Grade A doosh

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1046 on: July 09, 2022, 11:10:17 PM »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: July 10, 2022, 10:45:43 AM »
Shocker.

https://econ.trib.al/iJsrChn

Seems like teachers are far more valuable than those on the Right like to think. Maybe they should be more respected and have massively higher salaries.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1048 on: July 12, 2022, 09:11:41 PM »
Seems like teachers are far more valuable than those on the Right like to think. Maybe they should be more respected and have massively higher salaries.

Define "massively higher"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1049 on: July 23, 2022, 11:33:56 PM »

The ones who wanted to teach in person and not hide behind the Union; sure, pay them.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”