[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 372535 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3000 on: July 16, 2021, 12:29:59 PM »
Speaking of India, I just had a friend there tell me he's unsure about a trip to the US for a conference in late August.  He's waiting to see if he'll have his second dose in time.  He got his first back in late May but they are requiring EIGHT FOUR DAYS, yes 84 days, in between doses, presumably due to availability.  Just astounding.  And this is a guy who is from a very notable family and helps run a sizeable business and thus could pull strings if there was a way.

shoothoops

• All American

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3002 on: July 16, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »
Its over for the vaccinated, unless you continue to drink the government's kool-aid, hey?

I agree with the first part.  The head of the CDC said the same thing today.  So not sure where the second part is coming from. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3003 on: July 16, 2021, 02:35:02 PM »
I agree with the first part.  The head of the CDC said the same thing today.  So not sure where the second part is coming from.

Not to justify the insanity, but places like LA County putting in mask mandates regardless of vaccine status would probably lead one to a conclusion like that, albeit not as hysterical.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3004 on: July 16, 2021, 02:46:42 PM »
Speaking of India, I just had a friend there tell me he's unsure about a trip to the US for a conference in late August.  He's waiting to see if he'll have his second dose in time.  He got his first back in late May but they are requiring EIGHT FOUR DAYS, yes 84 days, in between doses, presumably due to availability.  Just astounding.  And this is a guy who is from a very notable family and helps run a sizeable business and thus could pull strings if there was a way.

Astra Zeneca vaccine or India one may be like this?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3005 on: July 16, 2021, 03:29:39 PM »
Delta outbreaks in North Carolina's largest county, mostly among young and unvaccinated.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article252827353.html?

Mecklenburg County has seen at least one outbreak of the highly contagious delta variant of COVID-19, including cases at a local homeless shelter, Deputy Health Director Dr. Raynard Washington told reporters Friday.

At least five cases of a COVID-19 outbreak at the Salvation Army Center of Hope, an emergency shelter for women and children, have been confirmed to be delta variant cases, Washington said.

That shelter has had 30 cases among residents, a data release from the county showed as of Wednesday. Just eight of those cases were sent for delta testing. No deaths have been reported in that outbreak.

The delta variant of COVID-19 is a strain of the coronavirus first identified in India that may be more transmissible than the original strain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The county has partnered with StarMed Healthcare and UNC Charlotte to genetically sequence COVID-19 tests for the delta variant in Mecklenburg, surveillance that has previously not been available at the county level, Washington said.

Most new COVID-19 cases in Mecklenburg are among people who are not vaccinated, County Public Health Director Gibbie Harris said. And COVID-19 cases are increasing in Mecklenburg, especially in young people.

“All of our numbers are going in the wrong direction,” Harris said Friday.

About 71% of COVID-19 cases in the past week have occurred in people younger than 30, Harris said, a dramatic change from the early days of the pandemic when the majority of cases occurred in senior adults. And a quarter of Mecklenburg cases have occurred in people younger than 20, she said.

Fewer than 8% of Mecklenburg cases in the past week have occurred in people age 65 and older, Harris said. That’s because that age group is the most vaccinated population in the country, she said.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3006 on: July 16, 2021, 03:48:23 PM »
“We always ask, what will be the last straw? What will be the moment that we lose the ability to communicate and cooperate and get things done?” said Frank Luntz, a longtime GOP pollster who’s been working to encourage vaccinations. “Well, we’ve reached it. This is it.”

He added, “Now decisions are being made not because of evidence or facts or statistics, but strictly on political lines. And now people are going to die.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3007 on: July 16, 2021, 06:14:00 PM »
Astra Zeneca vaccine or India one may be like this?

Astra Zeneca.  Experiences vary for the domestic one.  Another associate had to wait a month between doses for the Indian vaccine.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3008 on: July 16, 2021, 07:26:39 PM »
The government is doing their job. This is still a pandemic, despite your selfishness. Too many unvaccinated returned to normal life, too many unvaccinated will die.

Schools will return with return in the Fall, maskless. This is a large looming petri dish for children under 12.

why is 4ever selfish?  he's been vaccinated and follows osha safe practice standards

as for for hysteria regarding children under 12?  please listen to the real experts and not those fb/wh approve of

"Our findings show children under 12 to 14 years appear significantly less likely to contract COVID-19 from infected others."

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-09-largest-children-significantly-covid-.html
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3009 on: July 16, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
10 months old.   Pre delta variant. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3010 on: July 16, 2021, 09:01:20 PM »
Astra Zeneca.  Experiences vary for the domestic one.  Another associate had to wait a month between doses for the Indian vaccine.

My nother-in-law got AZ in Poland and had to wait 8 weeks between doses because thats what was recommended.  Our friend in Canada got AZ for first dose and Pfizer for a second.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3011 on: July 17, 2021, 07:57:23 AM »
why is 4ever selfish?  he's been vaccinated and follows osha safe practice standards

as for for hysteria regarding children under 12?  please listen to the real experts and not those fb/wh approve of

"Our findings show children under 12 to 14 years appear significantly less likely to contract COVID-19 from infected others."

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-09-largest-children-significantly-covid-.html

My wife is a pediatric RN. Yesterday, she saw an 8-year-old with COVID-19 who was having significant problems. He caught it from relatives who have refused to get vaccinated.

Don't ALL lives matter? What responsibility do his anti-vax parents bear for this? Is it OK that the child suffers because his adult family members are taking advantage of their "freedom"?

Also, why do many of the same people who sing the praises of the previous president's work to get vaccines out quickly now actively undermine the vaccination process?

Thanks!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3012 on: July 17, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »
My wife is a pediatric RN. Yesterday, she saw an 8-year-old with COVID-19 who was having significant problems. He caught it from relatives who have refused to get vaccinated.

Don't ALL lives matter? What responsibility do his anti-vax parents bear for this? Is it OK that the child suffers because his adult family members are taking advantage of their "freedom"?

Also, why do many of the same people who sing the praises of the previous president's work to get vaccines out quickly now actively undermine the vaccination process?

Thanks!

I don’t believe that rocket is arguing against vaccines.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3013 on: July 17, 2021, 08:05:36 AM »

I don’t believe that rocket is arguing against vaccines.

He's arguing that kids don't get COVID-19.

And he enthusiastically supports those who do to argue against vaccines -- including people who actually actively undermine the vaccination process. Watching CPAC, that looks like a significant percentage of the GOP, including the ex-president's own family members.

rocket's a big boy. Please let him speak for himself.

• All American
« Reply #3014 on: July 17, 2021, 08:18:06 AM »
He's arguing that kids don't get COVID-19.

No he isn’t. You’re being intellectually dishonest again. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3015 on: July 17, 2021, 08:58:33 AM »

Thanks!

Look, ya can't make ignorant people smart. All that can be done is to take care of your house and the pieces will fall where they may. Irreparable harm occurs everyday that we continue to carry on with all these safe covid practices. Get your vaccination and go on like its March 9, 2020, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #3016 on: July 17, 2021, 10:01:11 AM »

Look, ya can't make ignorant people smart. All that can be done is to take care of your house and the pieces will fall where they may. Irreparable harm occurs everyday that we continue to carry on with all these safe covid practices. Get your vaccination and go on like its March 9, 2020, hey?

I agree with your vax take but there isn’t irreparable harm occurring. Just terribly annoying and unnecessary.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3017 on: July 17, 2021, 10:02:40 AM »
No he isn’t. You’re being intellectually dishonest again.

This is intellectually dishonest from you, and not your first such post today. But rocket is lucky to suddenly have you as a spokesperson.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3018 on: July 17, 2021, 10:04:30 AM »

All that can be done is to take care of your house and the pieces will fall where they may.

Excellent. I will look forward to this same take from you when it comes to women's reproductive rights and a variety of other issues.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3019 on: July 17, 2021, 10:11:48 AM »
I agree with your vax take but there isn’t irreparable harm occurring. Just terribly annoying and unnecessary.

I'm referring to the financial damage done to businesses plus the psychological havoc on the young and elderly, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3020 on: July 17, 2021, 10:16:46 AM »
Big local stories.   

868 COVID deaths

In 2020...
63 suicides  (A total of 3 mentioned the pandemic as a contributing factor)     Fewer than 2019
121 Overdose deaths.    12 more than 2019

Nationwide, suicides down by 5% in 2020 compared to 2019.

COVID still winning.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 10:46:16 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #3021 on: July 17, 2021, 10:36:07 AM »
This is intellectually dishonest from you, and not your first such post today. But rocket is lucky to suddenly have you as a spokesperson.

BS.  You said that rocket claimed that kids don't get Covid.  He never said that.  Stop lying.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3022 on: July 17, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »

BS.  You said that rocket claimed that kids don't get Covid.  He never said that.  Stop lying.

Intellectually dishonest of you, Scoop Police. Again.

• All American
« Reply #3023 on: July 17, 2021, 11:09:12 AM »
Intellectually dishonest of you, Scoop Police. Again.

Lol. Since you can’t really point how how your lies are intellectually dishonest on my end, and resort to labeling me in the process, I’ll take this post as the equivalent of a white flag.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3024 on: July 17, 2021, 11:36:37 AM »
Lol. Since you can’t really point how how your lies are intellectually dishonest on my end, and resort to labeling me in the process, I’ll take this post as the equivalent of a white flag.

My post was to rocket. You apparently believe he is incapable of reading and, if warranted, challenging what I said. So you resort to name-calling and intellectual dishonesty.

Because ...

feedback