collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 359253 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3025 on: July 17, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »
My post was to rocket. You apparently believe he is incapable of reading and, if warranted, challenging what I said. So you resort to name-calling and intellectual dishonesty.

Because ...

If you don’t want others to respond, PM him. And stop lying.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3026 on: July 17, 2021, 12:32:03 PM »
If you don’t want others to respond, PM him. And stop lying.

Are you the new mod? Hopefully no one here takes anything you say seriously. You’ve become the stereotype know-it-all.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3027 on: July 17, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »
Infightin' amongst da woke...priceless. Hate has know home heer, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3028 on: July 17, 2021, 12:54:23 PM »
They do need to get a room.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3029 on: July 17, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »
Infightin' amongst da woke...priceless. Hate has know home heer, aina?

Big tent, bro’.

We’ll even let you in  :)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3030 on: July 17, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »

I don’t believe that rocket is arguing against vaccines.

just got back from day 2 of our golf club's president's cup and catching up...hey fluff, regardless of what they say about you...thanks for the truth! 

you are right on both accounts-i am vaccinated, but respect those who are afraid, skeptical or allergic to gubmint computer chips or whatever.  people have a right to their own body and it's between their doctor and them.

kids can get covid however less likely but also less symptomatic, less contagious, next to nil morbidity AND making them wear masks is not only less effective(or no effect) but abuse nonetheless 

and 82 claims to be an umpire?  better check the right boxes to play in front of him
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3031 on: July 17, 2021, 03:14:04 PM »
  just got back from day 2 of our golf club's president's cup and catching up...hey fluff, regardless of what they say about you...thanks for the truth! 

you are right on both accounts-i am vaccinated, but respect those who are afraid, skeptical or allergic to gubmint computer chips or whatever.  people have a right to their own body and it's between their doctor and them.

kids can get covid however less likely but also less symptomatic, less contagious, next to nil morbidity AND making them wear masks is not only less effective(or no effect) but abuse nonetheless 

and 82 claims to be an umpire?  better check the right boxes to play in front of him

Yup

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #3032 on: July 17, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3033 on: July 17, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »
How about their hair choices?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3034 on: July 17, 2021, 03:55:55 PM »

Rocket, make that, "check the left boxes," hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3035 on: July 17, 2021, 06:09:59 PM »
Yup

Good to see that people on the right are starting to fully accept abortion rights.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3036 on: July 17, 2021, 06:33:37 PM »
Are you the new mod? Hopefully no one here takes anything you say seriously. You’ve become the stereotype know-it-all.

Oh my God.  Irony abounds.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3037 on: July 17, 2021, 09:52:57 PM »
December:

Libs won't give Trump credit for inventing vaccines! Biden won't give him credit! Harris won't give him credit! Pelosi won't give him credit! The lamestream media won't give him credit! Trump saved America by inventing vaccines!

July:

Who the hell does Biden think he is, pushing us to get these vaccines?!?! These vaccines are a plot by Gates, Soros and Zuckerberg to control us! These vaccines are the real killers, way worse than the China Virus! Ain't nobody making me get no Fauci Ouchie! Freedom!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3038 on: July 17, 2021, 09:55:19 PM »
Nads, maybe just concentrate on yo backswing. Herd dat kneeds summ werk, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3039 on: July 17, 2021, 10:22:39 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to answer, even if we disagree on some of this stuff.

As a couple others have said, nice to see you so strongly support a woman's right to control her own body, and I assume you'll be voting against all politicians who want to take away those rights.

Not even sure what your last line means, but whatevs.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3040 on: July 18, 2021, 02:10:20 AM »

Damn, poetic as Maya Angelo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3041 on: July 18, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »

Backswing ... follow-through ... putting ... pitching ... chipping ... it all needs work. Especially effen chipping, the bane of my golf existence.

Of course, the message in my previous post is indisputably true -- bazillions of the same people who bragged about Operation Warp Speed now refuse to take the vaccines for idiot, selfish, and often political reasons. And in some cases, their own family members, including kids, suffer the consequences.

But no, I haven't broken 90 yet this season, dammit. Thanks for your concern!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3042 on: July 18, 2021, 08:41:58 AM »

I was today years old when I found out I was an abusive parent because I have my six year old wear a mask in certain situations.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3043 on: July 18, 2021, 09:33:18 AM »
I was today years old when I found out I was an abusive parent because I have my six year old wear a mask in certain situations.

Even when I compliment the guy, he says something dumb.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3044 on: July 18, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »
Rocket: I'm a free thinker
Also Rocket: Here's one of Laura Ingram's dumbest takes ever

Our youngest sons school,Toddler - 8, is considering masks for grades 1-8 with the only exception being proof of vaccination if you child is 12+....remote learning available for those who are not comfortable. I live in a community of child abusers and enablers of child abuse.

As an aside, our eldests HS is taking a similar approach, proof of vaccination or your son wears a mask (and you sign a waiver saying you are ignoring health recommendations). I imagine the peer pressure for teenagers (down to 7th grade) will close the gap between "would've been vaccinated anyway" and 99+%.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3045 on: July 18, 2021, 10:00:58 AM »
I admire the efforts of Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson to try to reach some of his state's scores of anti-vaxxers.

https://apnews.com/article/arkansas-governor-hutchinson-covid-vaccine-hesitancy-09cadd2e75ddd5a4c0758b2cb1b6cbfd

He's a staunch Republican, and he's telling his constituents: "You don't have to trust the federal government. You don't have to like Biden, Harris or anything the Dems do. But trust the science; get vaccinated."

Not sure how many people he'll convince, but I'm glad he's trying and I wish more southern governors would do the same.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #3046 on: July 18, 2021, 11:14:15 AM »

Arrest me now, since I force my kids to wear bike helmets, seat belts and life vests on a boat. 

My worry is that the virus continues to mutate, making it much worse for children.  It hasn't happened yet.  The hope is that people get vaccinated, so the virus doesn't have the ability to do that and it burns out.  That's why I would like everyone to get vaccinated.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3047 on: July 18, 2021, 11:28:13 AM »
Arrest me now, since I force my kids to wear bike helmets, seat belts and life vests on a boat. 

My worry is that the virus continues to mutate, making it much worse for children.  It hasn't happened yet.  The hope is that people get vaccinated, so the virus doesn't have the ability to do that and it burns out.  That's why I would like everyone to get vaccinated.

comparing apples and clothing optional beaches yo.  helmits, life vests and seat belts always good...so are parachutes, and covering your mouth when ya sneeze and/or cough, but i digress

follow the science, not your worries.  get yourself vaccinated and live
don't...don't don't don't don't

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #3048 on: July 18, 2021, 11:45:40 AM »
  comparing apples and clothing optional beaches yo.  helmits, life vests and seat belts always good...so are parachutes, and covering your mouth when ya sneeze and/or cough, but i digress

The irony

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3049 on: July 18, 2021, 12:08:25 PM »

Seat belts have been known to cause injury, and possibly even death.

Some studies show that bike helmets causes more injuries.

https://road.cc/content/news/268605-wearing-cycle-helmet-may-increase-risk-injury-says-new-research

Life jackets can also cause injuries and death.

But like masks, the science shows that they lead to a net decrease in deaths. Kids should be wearing masks if they are not vaccinated. Suggesting that it is child abuse to have a kid wear a mask is moronic, and defies scientific data.

If you want to find outlier cases where harm is caused, you can find it for anything. Heck, water is toxic. People die from drinking water. Wear a freaking mask if you aren't vaccinated, and make your kid do so too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 03:04:34 PM by forgetful »

feedback