[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 354029 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4350 on: October 25, 2021, 10:22:07 AM »
First of all, there were many thousands of people there, not 800. Their aim wasn't to physically occupy the Capital long-term, it was to stage an insurrection so that the rightful President-Elect would not be, effectively, confirmed. THEY ATTEMPTED TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND INSTALL A DICTATOR, end of story. And the outgoing President was the one that encouraged them to overthrow the rightfully elected government.

Minimizing this as "800 people" is really something when it was the defeated POTUS and dozens of Representatives and Senators playing an ACTIVE part in attempting to overthrow the government.

There were a lot of extremists in that crowd on Jan 6. They let their prejudice triumph over their rationality and common sense.

Your post does the same thing.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4351 on: October 25, 2021, 10:50:21 AM »
A vaccine and an antibody walk into a bar...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4352 on: October 25, 2021, 10:51:24 AM »
This isn't the place to litigate this, but lets remember some details. This all occurred in conjunction with:

1. The POTUS pressuring state governments, the DOJ, and the VP to overturn the election.
2. The POTUS pressuring Pence to decertify the results so that congress could put him in power.
3. When the above didn't work, the POTUS helped organize a "stop the steal" rally, as an additional pressure on the VP and congress to overturn the election.
4. That rally chanted "hang Mike Pence" as a form of additional pressure.
5. When all that didn't work, they stormed the capital and were expressly looking for Pence and top democrats leaders.

6. It remains to be seen, but there is some evidence that members of the GOP were complicit with planning these sets of events and facilitating an attack on the capital. If those are true, it is imperative that we know the details of it. Especially since it appears that these individuals are attempting to return to power.

An investigation is needed to ensure the integrity of our democratic institutions. Sweeping it under the rug makes us look like a mockery of democracy.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Now let's look at knowing the origin of COVID.

1. It will not improve the quality of medical treatments, nor bring back those that have died.
2. It will not save future individuals from COVID...only the vaccines will do that.
3. Even if it was a lab accident, it won't decrease the likelihood of future accidents.

4. Investigations into natural reservoirs will enhance our understanding of future threats.
5. Investigations into any role of China in the process is not a role of science, nor will that have any effect on science. It is a diplomatic process.

4/5 should be done independent of any formal investigation. We need to understand future threats and that is ongoing. The diplomatic process with China is our biggest national security concern...not in relation to COVID origins, but rather into their global threat. We should be focusing on them as a security concern, not trying to publicly vilify them without evidence...the latter is more likely to lead to major economic and possibly military confrontation.

-----------------------
I'd argue the first investigation has much much more importance than the latter. Simply because looking for natural origins of SARS-like viruses will be ongoing no matter what.

Respectfully 100% disagree.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4353 on: October 25, 2021, 10:55:13 AM »
This isn't the place to litigate this, but lets remember some details. This all occurred in conjunction with:

1. The POTUS pressuring state governments, the DOJ, and the VP to overturn the election.
2. The POTUS pressuring Pence to decertify the results so that congress could put him in power.
3. When the above didn't work, the POTUS helped organize a "stop the steal" rally, as an additional pressure on the VP and congress to overturn the election.
4. That rally chanted "hang Mike Pence" as a form of additional pressure.
5. When all that didn't work, they stormed the capital and were expressly looking for Pence and top democrats leaders.

6. It remains to be seen, but there is some evidence that members of the GOP were complicit with planning these sets of events and facilitating an attack on the capital. If those are true, it is imperative that we know the details of it. Especially since it appears that these individuals are attempting to return to power.

An investigation is needed to ensure the integrity of our democratic institutions. Sweeping it under the rug makes us look like a mockery of democracy.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Now let's look at knowing the origin of COVID.

1. It will not improve the quality of medical treatments, nor bring back those that have died.
2. It will not save future individuals from COVID...only the vaccines will do that.
3. Even if it was a lab accident, it won't decrease the likelihood of future accidents.

4. Investigations into natural reservoirs will enhance our understanding of future threats.
5. Investigations into any role of China in the process is not a role of science, nor will that have any effect on science. It is a diplomatic process.

4/5 should be done independent of any formal investigation. We need to understand future threats and that is ongoing. The diplomatic process with China is our biggest national security concern...not in relation to COVID origins, but rather into their global threat. We should be focusing on them as a security concern, not trying to publicly vilify them without evidence...the latter is more likely to lead to major economic and possibly military confrontation.

-----------------------
I'd argue the first investigation has much much more importance than the latter. Simply because looking for natural origins of SARS-like viruses will be ongoing no matter what.

Missing the Willard Hotel 'Team Trump command center' to plan the effort to deny Biden the presidency.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4354 on: October 25, 2021, 11:16:27 AM »
There were a lot of extremists in that crowd on Jan 6. They let their prejudice triumph over their rationality and common sense.

This is an exceedingly generous interpretation of what went on.
Honest question ... what do you believe was the intent of the hundreds of people who stormed the Capitol that day, busting through doors and windows, assaulting police officers and chanting things like "Hang Mike Pence" and "Where are you, Nancy?"
What do you believe they had in mind?
Before you answer, keep in mind that they were there for an event called "Stop the Steal," where they shouted "Fight for Trump," were primed with false information about election fraud, and were told that unless they did something about it, they would lose their country.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4355 on: October 25, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »
So DeSantis is now offering $5,000 bonuses to cops that are *specifically* unvaccinated. What a piece of crap. What the unnatural carnal knowledge is wrong with Florida?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4356 on: October 25, 2021, 11:18:42 AM »
Received booster shot on Friday.    Sore arm.    Some added stiffness in my joints and back.    Easy peasy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4357 on: October 25, 2021, 11:48:06 AM »
Respectfully 100% disagree.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your willingness to read it, and accept that we do not see eye to eye.

I will note, there is plenty of room for both investigations.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 11:51:28 AM by forgetful »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4358 on: October 25, 2021, 12:24:49 PM »

Still in denial.

They were there for the purpose of the overthrow of our democracy in conjunction with the WH. We have the details, the emails, the letters, the clandestine meetings, the attempt by the Justice Dept. to lead the overthrow that was only stopped by the threat of a mass resignation. Try reading about Eastman, Clark, or any of the 140 Reps who voted for the overthrow. Try looking at the ongoing attempts. Try sympathizing with the fact that MY tax dollars here in Wisconsin continue today to pay for the still active attempt at a coup.

Wake the H@ll up.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4359 on: October 25, 2021, 12:29:16 PM »
Almost 5 million killed and there’s no point finding out how or why this happened? Please tell us you’re kidding.

I'm not kidding.  It literally changes nothing.  If it came from bats, do we declare war on bats?  If it came from a lab in China, are we surprised?  What would repercussions look like?  What would be the point?  What do you expect to change that has not already changed?

Of course I'm curious, but the pounding of the drum is so pointless.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4360 on: October 25, 2021, 12:35:17 PM »
I'm not kidding.  It literally changes nothing.  If it came from bats, do we declare war on bats?  If it came from a lab in China, are we surprised?  What would repercussions look like?  What would be the point?  What do you expect to change that has not already changed?

Of course I'm curious, but the pounding of the drum is so pointless.

There would be no repercussions on China that mattered
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4361 on: October 25, 2021, 12:41:10 PM »
It will be good to know from a 'what to do next time' perspective.    Politically, I honestly don't care.    I didn't a year ago and I don't now.    How to you kill it?    Oh, wait, we know that.     How do we get everyone to take the vaccine?    That is the question that matters now.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4362 on: October 25, 2021, 12:56:59 PM »
It will be good to know from a 'what to do next time' perspective.    Politically, I honestly don't care.    I didn't a year ago and I don't now.    How to you kill it?    Oh, wait, we know that.     How do we get everyone to take the vaccine?    That is the question that matters now.

I'm afraid the only possible answer is mandates.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4363 on: October 25, 2021, 12:58:55 PM »
This is an exceedingly generous interpretation of what went on.
Honest question ... what do you believe was the intent of the hundreds of people who stormed the Capitol that day, busting through doors and windows, assaulting police officers and chanting things like "Hang Mike Pence" and "Where are you, Nancy?"
What do you believe they had in mind?
Before you answer, keep in mind that they were there for an event called "Stop the Steal," where they shouted "Fight for Trump," were primed with false information about election fraud, and were told that unless they did something about it, they would lose their country.

Pak,

Who were these folks? All different types. Everything from disillusioned average Joe’s to white supremicists and somewhere in between. But calling them revolutionaries would be a bridge too far. They weren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer but given their numbers and how well they were “armed” I sure they knew that overthrowing the government wasn’t “the plan” or even a remote possibility. But when folks (many already from the fringes) armed with false information convene there’s always the danger that some part of them will turn into a mob. Mobs love chants but chanting murderous slogans isn’t murder. Do you think we should change that? Do you think violent chants should be taken literally and be the equivalent of violent acts? I don’t, but if you do, charge the chanters with attempted murder. And round up the “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want ‘em? Now!” crowd while you’re at it. Threatening government officials (or anyone else for that matter) with violence is wrong and should be punished. But it’s not tantamount to revolution. 10 months and 684 arrests later the Biden Justice Department evidently agrees with me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4364 on: October 25, 2021, 01:00:21 PM »
There would be no repercussions on China that mattered

Exactly.  Some people want a boogeyman to deflect blame.  As if China was the one the responded poorly to the virus in the US.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4365 on: October 25, 2021, 01:02:08 PM »
Pak,

Who were these folks? All different types. Everything from disillusioned average Joe’s to white supremicists and somewhere in between. But calling them revolutionaries would be a bridge too far. They weren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer but given their numbers and how well they were “armed” I sure they knew that overthrowing the government wasn’t “the plan” or even a remote possibility. But when folks (many already from the fringes) armed with false information convene there’s always the danger that some part of them will turn into a mob. Mobs love chants but chanting murderous slogans isn’t murder. Do you think we should change that? Do you think violent chants should be taken literally and be the equivalent of violent acts? I don’t, but if you do, charge the chanters with attempted murder. And round up the “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want ‘em? Now!” crowd while you’re at it. Threatening government officials (or anyone else for that matter) with violence is wrong and should be punished. But it’s not tantamount to revolution. 10 months and 684 arrests later the Biden Justice Department evidently agrees with me.

You're delusional.  I'll just leave it at that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4366 on: October 25, 2021, 01:03:27 PM »
Still in denial.

They were there for the purpose of the overthrow of our democracy in conjunction with the WH. We have the details, the emails, the letters, the clandestine meetings, the attempt by the Justice Dept. to lead the overthrow that was only stopped by the threat of a mass resignation. Try reading about Eastman, Clark, or any of the 140 Reps who voted for the overthrow. Try looking at the ongoing attempts. Try sympathizing with the fact that MY tax dollars here in Wisconsin continue today to pay for the still active attempt at a coup.

Wake the H@ll up.

Conspiracy theories are alive and well on both sides of the fence.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4367 on: October 25, 2021, 01:04:44 PM »
You're delusional.  I'll just leave it at that.

I’ll consider the source - and leave it at that.

feedback