[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 359459 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4300 on: October 23, 2021, 08:45:21 AM »
Doc, I am genuinely depressed and appalled at how a segment of society is choosing willful stupidity, facebook cures over vaccines, owning the libs over living.   This could be all but over right now for America.    A section of society had access to the golden ticket, dropped their drawers and took a huge dump on it.   While pushing snake oil cures they heard about on facebook.    Egged on by the talking head grifters who make their money by 'controlling'  the weak-minded's fear.    And those who repeat those lies.   

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a patient cursed at me when I asked if he was vaccinated.    What I didn't add is that I ended up doing CPR on him 10 minutes later and that he died.    Two of his last 10 words on the planet were F you.   His last were 'I'm scared' as we loaded him in the ambulance.      He isn't the first COVID patient I have done CPR on.    He is the first one to swear at me.   

He showed me.     

This didn't have to happen.   This could be all but over in America.   Choose to end it.

This is a depressing story
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4301 on: October 23, 2021, 10:03:26 AM »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4302 on: October 23, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »
What control? And what will whomever do with that control?
I have to admit I have been miss understanding the tools the gov't uses to control the population....

Playing the national anthem before every gathering and having people stand and sing? Not about control. Mask mandates that reduce the amount of pathogens in the air during a pandemic? All about controlling people.

An omnipresent police force that is militarized better than 75% of other nations armies? Not about control. Vaccine mandates that help protect others in our society? All about controlling people.

Reducing/eliminating social welfare and unemployment benefits without having a minimum livable wage? Not about control. Social distancing requirements that may, in tandem with masks and vaccines, limit the spread of a disease in our society? All about controlling people.

I can see clearly now!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4303 on: October 23, 2021, 11:57:37 AM »
The Fox News crowd preaching about "fear and control" is pretty damn funny.

Not to mention preaching, "Its time to put politics and agendas aside."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4304 on: October 23, 2021, 01:40:48 PM »

Kinda funny that whenever 82 or I say something like this, we get called out by you or Wags or Hards, etc.

We're making everything about politics. You all are making wise commentaries. what a joke.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4305 on: October 23, 2021, 04:32:52 PM »
Almost like an occasional post here or there is different than 80% of ones posts being parroting the same political nonsense and talking points over and over.  But yes, what a joke that everyone picks on the wholly innocent Jockey. A witch hunt not seen since Salem

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4306 on: October 23, 2021, 05:18:16 PM »
We're making everything about politics. You all are making wise commentaries.

Ya finally figured it out.

But seriously what a little ankle biter you are.

Almost like an occasional post here or there is different than 80% of ones posts being parroting the same political nonsense and talking points over and over.  But yes, what a joke that everyone picks on the wholly innocent Jockey. A witch hunt not seen since Salem

No kidding.  Complete lack of self-awareness.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4307 on: October 23, 2021, 07:03:12 PM »

and so the cnn/msnbc crowd, umm...i mean small gatherings does what?  preaches laissez-faire...bwhahahaha that's a good one right there.  you know what we are talking about.  so what are you/they demanding of your little people up nort there...do this, don't do that, can't ya read the signs
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4308 on: October 23, 2021, 07:24:14 PM »
and so the cnn/msnbc crowd, umm...i mean small gatherings does what?  preaches laissez-faire...bwhahahaha that's a good one right there.  you know what we are talking about.  so what are you/they demanding of your little people up nort there...do this, don't do that, can't ya read the signs

I literally have no idea what any of this means.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4309 on: October 23, 2021, 07:40:53 PM »

Hang this in the Louvre
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4310 on: October 23, 2021, 08:12:40 PM »
Hang this in the Louvre

Or at least the loo.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4311 on: October 23, 2021, 09:07:16 PM »

I literally have no idea what any of this means.
I've never seen anyone get stupider in real time, but every day you see something new.   And well.... here we are.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4312 on: October 23, 2021, 09:08:02 PM »

Go see a doctor.

This isn't a joke.  I'm honestly concerned for you.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4313 on: October 23, 2021, 09:47:50 PM »
Roqqet speaks.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4314 on: October 23, 2021, 11:12:06 PM »

Rocket, I say this out of concern and in all seriousness. I have no idea what you are trying to say, and honestly, if a student of mine wrote such ramblings for anything (email/test answer etc.), I'd submit them as a student I'm concerned about for a welfare check.

I sincerely hope everything is ok.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4315 on: October 24, 2021, 12:55:16 AM »
Anyway ... back to the vaccines ...

An Elon University poll showed that 70% of all North Carolinians 18-and-up have been vaccinated.

About 66% of the unvaccinated survey respondents said they were unlikely to get the vaccine -- 52% very unlikely, 8% moderately unlikely, 6% slightly unlikely.

Of those who have been vaccinated, 92% said they were glad they got the shot; 8% said they wish they hadn't.

https://www.elon.edu/u/elon-poll/wp-content/uploads/sites/819/2021/10/Elon-Poll-Report-102221.pdf

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4316 on: October 24, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »
Rocket, I say this out of concern and in all seriousness. I have no idea what you are trying to say, and honestly, if a student of mine wrote such ramblings for anything (email/test answer etc.), I'd submit them as a student I'm concerned about for a welfare check.

I sincerely hope everything is ok.

so now the format for scoop submission is what?  for all of you concerned, your lack of understanding of this is a compliment and makes my point.  so many of you do not understand a lot of this when viewed thru your prism.  if sully is going to make an assinine comment, he going to get one back-his (and the rest of you for that matter) "go to" sources for "information" are the embodiment of fear and control-just axk dr fettucine, who btw should have been done years ago.  now, he should be in jail

all good here buddy and thank you for the concern

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4317 on: October 24, 2021, 10:31:02 AM »
so now the format for scoop submission is what?  for all of you concerned, your lack of understanding of this is a compliment and makes my point.  so many of you do not understand a lot of this when viewed thru your prism.  if sully is going to make an assinine comment, he going to get one back-his (and the rest of you for that matter) "go to" sources for "information" are the embodiment of fear and control-just axk dr fettucine, who btw should have been done years ago.  now, he should be in jail

One of the things that is total misconception, is that those of us seeing COVID patients go home and read The NY Times or watch Rachel Maddow. Most of my co workers go home and try to avoid anything to do with COVID. We don’t need anything or anyone to tell us how serious this condition is, when you have people dying everyday in the hospital.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4318 on: October 24, 2021, 10:33:59 AM »

“Assinine”

“Axk”

“dr fettucine”

I need to sit down.  10 of 10

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4319 on: October 24, 2021, 12:14:17 PM »
“Assinine”

“Axk”

“dr fettucine”

I need to sit down.  10 of 10

10 of 10 is good, eyn'a?  thank you

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4320 on: October 24, 2021, 12:24:53 PM »
I took the third full dose of Moderna on Friday. Felt like crap all day Saturday . Everything back to normal today.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4321 on: October 24, 2021, 01:04:09 PM »
I took the third full dose of Moderna on Friday. Felt like crap all day Saturday . Everything back to normal today.

Got my 3rd Pfizer last sat. Same here the next day.  Bulletproof now.

Actually, more breakthrough cases at work v. non vaccinated. A few are really sick, but not hospitalized fortunately. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4322 on: October 24, 2021, 01:39:34 PM »
“Only the most anti-intellectual, stunted cretins would concoct reasons why it would be better not to learn everything we can about its origins and whether US officials lied.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1452275676611022857

So 85% of the Scoop crowd he is referring too I guess.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4323 on: October 24, 2021, 01:51:25 PM »
“Only the most anti-intellectual, stunted cretins would concoct reasons why it would be better not to learn everything we can about its origins and whether US officials lied.”

Cool story, bro

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4324 on: October 24, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »

Are there really posters here who don’t think these things are important? I find that hard to believe.