[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 370842 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4250 on: October 21, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »
Just allowed one opinion now I see.  No room for people to think on their own, make their own health decisions,  listen to their own doctors, etc?  It’s just one outlook on all this, sponsored by Pfizer, or prepare to be ridiculed/mocked/have people gloat over your death, loss of livelihood, etc.  Not really the Marquette crowd I thought I knew, but I guess times are different now.

But what do I know, I’m just a mouth breather from Florida.

B

There is this thing called science. It collects data. Analyzes data, and makes decisions that are consistent with all known data.

Opinions contradicting all that data are founded on nothing.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4251 on: October 21, 2021, 07:12:49 PM »
Hey big zero loser guy, do you even know what a peer reviewed study is?  Do you understand the potential biases? Do you ever use critical thinking?  Do you still get all of your info from cnn and msnbc and The NY Times? Do you ever have anything constructive to add here?  Are you always this depressed that you have to troll me with stuff you know nothing about?

Yes, this is a great answer to this mornings weak effort.  Starting with a personal attack lets us know you’re serious.  Questioning another posters critical thinking capacity and then attacking the press you don’t like is vintage stuff.  Lamenting the lack of constructive thought from another poster is really tremendous content.  Sadly, the determination for proper punctuation drops the score down.

9 of 10
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4252 on: October 21, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »
Just allowed one opinion now I see.  No room for people to think on their own, make their own health decisions,  listen to their own doctors, etc?  It’s just one outlook on all this, sponsored by Pfizer, or prepare to be ridiculed/mocked/have people gloat over your death, loss of livelihood, etc.  Not really the Marquette crowd I thought I knew, but I guess times are different now.

B

Good on ya.   I encourage you to go to your local hospital and volunteer.    That would be keeping with your Jesuit roots.   And I am confident the medical personnel would appreciate your help.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4253 on: October 21, 2021, 07:26:35 PM »
Hey big zero loser guy, do you even know what a peer reviewed study is?  Do you understand the potential biases? Do you ever use critical thinking?  Do you still get all of your info from cnn and msnbc and The NY Times? Do you ever have anything constructive to add here?  Are you always this depressed that you have to troll me with stuff you know nothing about?

Show me anything that says ivermectin or HCQ works.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4254 on: October 21, 2021, 07:29:00 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4255 on: October 21, 2021, 07:52:40 PM »
I'll help you out roQQet, because it is physically impossible for you to point to a single scientifically validated study showing any effectiveness of either HCQ or ivermectin because they do not exist. Your ENTIRE belief in them is because you gobble down right-wing disinformation like a dung beetle happily choking down crap. You are a pretend health care professional that ignores science and promotes conspiracy theories.

Ivermectin: How false science created a Covid 'miracle' drug
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809

"Campaigners for the drug point to a number of scientific studies and often claim this evidence is being ignored or covered up. But a review by a group of independent scientists has cast serious doubt on that body of research.

The BBC can reveal that more than a third of 26 major trials of the drug for use on Covid have serious errors or signs of potential fraud. None of the rest show convincing evidence of ivermectin's effectiveness.

Dr Kyle Sheldrick, one of the group investigating the studies, said they had not found "a single clinical trial" claiming to show that ivermectin prevented Covid deaths that did not contain "either obvious signs of fabrication or errors so critical they invalidate the study".

Major problems included:

*The same patient data being used multiple times for supposedly different people
*Evidence that selection of patients for test groups was not random
*Numbers unlikely to occur naturally
*Percentages calculated incorrectly

Out of a total of 26 studies examined, there was evidence in five that the data may have been faked - for example they contained virtually impossible numbers or rows of identical patients copied and pasted.

In a further five there were major red flags - for example, numbers didn't add up, percentages were calculated incorrectly or local health bodies weren't aware they had taken place.

On top of these flawed trials, there were 14 authors of studies who failed to send data back. The independent scientists have flagged this as a possible indicator of fraud.

The largest and highest quality ivermectin study published so far is the Together trial at the McMaster University in Canada. It found no benefit for the drug when it comes to Covid."

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4256 on: October 21, 2021, 08:40:05 PM »

B
Nah, you have the complete freedom to ignore science, refuse life-saving vaccines, and "do your own research". All your choice.

If you catch COVID, and if you die, those are just the consequences of your freedom. Of course in the meantime, your selfishness is perpetuating a global pandemic, potentially allowing vaccine-resistant mutations to arise, and putting millions of innocent people at risk. Again, your choice that no one can take away.

But as you make these choices, try not to whine that you are being mocked for your selfish, ignorant choices. Those are called consequences. If you need validation for your choices that could potentially kill other people I am sure you can find many welcoming communities online and throughout Florida.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #4257 on: October 22, 2021, 12:09:47 AM »
I work for a large organization with a vaccine mandate taking effect in the next month.  A few anecdotes:

Employee A: first post-college job; with company for about 1 year. Unvaccinated. Resistant. Upset. Had planned on leaving.  After 4 weeks of resistance, he's changed his mind.  Decided to stay based on role and career/progression opportunities.  Has a date set to get poked.

Employee B: High-performer 5-6 years into career.  Vaccinated before the company policy went into place... but thinks company has no business asking about vaccination status.  Refuses to provide documentation or engage in the process.  Leaving on principle when the clock runs out.

Employee C: With company for 6 months.  Wants to stay.  Seeking medical/religious exemption.  For sure will leave if not approved.  I am not close enough (and don't supervise this person) so don't have an opinion on the legitimacy of the exemption or liklihood of approval.

How many people we'll lose isn't yet clear, but the data points I have suggest minimal impact.  I might need to backfill 1-2 people for a team of 300.  This is a well-educated team that had an ~90% vaccinated rate before the mandate came out.  A common reason "why not" was young people just not having taken the time - in many cases because thay had COVID last fall/winter and didn't percieve any urgency until recently.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4258 on: October 22, 2021, 04:49:59 AM »

The Marquette crowd I know understands science, and a year and a half into this, the science is pretty clear.  Vaccines makes our world safer and increases ones chance of living incredibly significantly.  Honestly, its not about opinion on this issue.  It's settled fact.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4259 on: October 22, 2021, 06:07:05 AM »

A case study in the Dunning-Kruger effect.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4260 on: October 22, 2021, 07:18:10 PM »
Booster on board.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4261 on: October 22, 2021, 08:15:57 PM »
Booster on board.

I thought I mentioned this earlier, but apparently not.  Got mine a week ago, just a sore arm again.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4262 on: October 22, 2021, 08:17:07 PM »
You guys mix and match or stick with what you had? Curious if anyone else who mixed and matched had significantly worse effects than the prior two.
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4263 on: October 22, 2021, 08:19:05 PM »
Third Pfizer.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4264 on: October 22, 2021, 08:30:15 PM »
 https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/10/nih-admits-funding-risky-virus-research-in-wuhan

Vanity Fair, not your run of the mill right wing rag.  Of course officials at NIH say Fauci didn’t lie because he didn’t know about the findings of the report despite it being sent and reviewed in 2018 and 2020.  Can we finally get this guy to resign and leave us alone at minimum.  Really deserves to be charged and arrested lying under oath to Congress but I’d be fine just letting the old man walk off into the sunset.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4265 on: October 22, 2021, 08:39:54 PM »
Folks worship at da altar of Fr. Fauci. Dey think he squats golden turds dat protect dem. He ain't goin' knowear 'til da woke crowd realizes he's got an agenda ta karry out, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4266 on: October 22, 2021, 08:42:46 PM »
Doc, I brushed, flossed, and rinsed tonight.   Should i repeat tomorrow?   Or will I still have protection from tonight?   Does the protection diminish?

Finally, based on your posting history, I would think you would want everyone to submit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:48:32 PM by tower912 »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4267 on: October 22, 2021, 08:55:56 PM »
Doc, I brushed, flossed, and rinsed tonight.   Should i repeat tomorrow?   Or will I still have protection from tonight?   Does the protection diminish?

Finally, based on your posting history, I would think you would want everyone to submit.

Dentists have an agenda to carry out.  Until the woke crowd realizes they have an agenda to carry out, y’all be buying them fancy toothbrushes and toothpaste.  I’m doing my own research, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4268 on: October 22, 2021, 09:04:21 PM »
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/10/nih-admits-funding-risky-virus-research-in-wuhan

Vanity Fair, not your run of the mill right wing rag.  Of course officials at NIH say Fauci didn’t lie because he didn’t know about the findings of the report despite it being sent and reviewed in 2018 and 2020.  Can we finally get this guy to resign and leave us alone at minimum.  Really deserves to be charged and arrested lying under oath to Congress but I’d be fine just letting the old man walk off into the sunset.

Why does this matter?

Is it just about partisan hackery?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4269 on: October 22, 2021, 09:04:32 PM »
I thought I mentioned this earlier, but apparently not.  Got mine a week ago, just a sore arm again.

Mentioning it after the fact?! Sounds like someone chasing that prestigious vaxx clout 🧐🧐

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4270 on: October 22, 2021, 09:04:48 PM »
Folks worship at da altar of Fr. Fauci. Dey think he squats golden turds dat protect dem. He ain't goin' knowear 'til da woke crowd realizes he's got an agenda ta karry out, hey?

What's the agenda?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4271 on: October 22, 2021, 09:05:15 PM »
Mentioning it after the fact?! Sounds like someone chasing that prestigious vaxx clout 🧐🧐

Not if he didn't put it on Facebook

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4272 on: October 22, 2021, 09:08:35 PM »
What's the agenda?

Better cell reception.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4273 on: October 22, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »
Why does this matter?

Is it just about partisan hackery?

No, the partisan hackery is you asking why this matters.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4274 on: October 22, 2021, 09:24:44 PM »

i just advise what works best imho.  a $2 toothbrush, 0.50 floss  ya want fancy toothpaste?  fine.  ya don't want fluoride? fine.  call me on friday night, saturday, sunday...if i ain't doing anything, meet me at the office.  i get a kick out of people who say their dentists yell at them...why?  no need to yell.  their bill speaks volumes for itself
don't...don't don't don't don't