[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 369612 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4325 on: October 24, 2021, 03:03:08 PM »
Are there really posters here who don’t think these things are important? I find that hard to believe.
Yup, no one said anything remotely like that. But paceytroll does nothing but troll.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4326 on: October 24, 2021, 03:06:29 PM »
I have to admit I have been miss understanding the tools the gov't uses to control the population....

Playing the national anthem before every gathering and having people stand and sing? Not about control. Mask mandates that reduce the amount of pathogens in the air during a pandemic? All about controlling people.

An omnipresent police force that is militarized better than 75% of other nations armies? Not about control. Vaccine mandates that help protect others in our society? All about controlling people.

Reducing/eliminating social welfare and unemployment benefits without having a minimum livable wage? Not about control. Social distancing requirements that may, in tandem with masks and vaccines, limit the spread of a disease in our society? All about controlling people.

I can see clearly now!

Yours is a very odd post.

What does playing the National Anthem and allowing people to sing, stand, sit, kneel or buy beer at the concession stands - IOW, what people’s choices really are - have to do with control?

The police are omnipresent? LOL. Do they “control” the bad guys? I hope so. Isn’t that their job?

And however one feels about welfare, unemployment benefits and the minimum wage they are all ways the government “controls” its citizens. Whether you’re in the group they’re taking from or the one they’re giving to more involvement (larger transfers) means greater control.

It’s fair to discuss where and how much control we should give to government but as long as people insist less equals more we’ll get nowhere.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4327 on: October 24, 2021, 03:49:43 PM »

What does playing the National Anthem and allowing people to sing, stand, sit, kneel or buy beer at the concession stands - IOW, what people’s choices really are - have to do with control?

The police are omnipresent? LOL. Do they “control” the bad guys? I hope so. Isn’t that their job?

And however one feels about welfare, unemployment benefits and the minimum wage they are all ways the government “controls” its citizens. Whether you’re in the group they’re taking from or the one they’re giving to more involvement (larger transfers) means greater control.

It’s fair to discuss where and how much control we should give to government but as long as people insist less equals more we’ll get nowhere.

Finigan has been divorced from reality for a while now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4328 on: October 24, 2021, 03:53:46 PM »
Are there really posters here who don’t think these things are important? I find that hard to believe.

What would the point be, honestly?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4329 on: October 24, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »

If it was caused in nature, I’d like to know the culprit.  We never found the cause of the 1918 pandemic.  I think it’s important to know and try and isolate. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4330 on: October 24, 2021, 04:10:50 PM »

Simply pointing out that what the brain trust of Rocket, 4Ever, etc. consider implements the gov't uses to control the population.......vaccine/mask mandates are far from actual control.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4331 on: October 24, 2021, 04:11:58 PM »
Finigan has been divorced from reality for a while now.
Keefe Jr. joins the conversation......not your normal level of creepy though.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4332 on: October 24, 2021, 05:02:56 PM »
If it was caused in nature, I’d like to know the culprit.  We never found the cause of the 1918 pandemic.  I think it’s important to know and try and isolate.

Agreed. We absolutely should learn the origin of this deadly coronavirus.

Similarly, I think we all agree that  we need to find out exactly who was behind the violent coup attempt to overthrow the U.S. government on 1/6/21.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4333 on: October 24, 2021, 05:14:01 PM »

Similarly, I think we all agree that  we need to find out exactly who was behind the violent coup attempt to overthrow the U.S. government on 1/6/21.

The 2nd one will be much easier to deduce
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4334 on: October 24, 2021, 05:21:11 PM »
Ohh good. We haven’t had a 1/6/21 reference in about 24 hours.  Glad we can keep on schedule.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4335 on: October 24, 2021, 05:36:25 PM »
I always like to know the cause and point of origin after the fire is out.   Usually don't worry about it while it is still burning.

I don't think China ever give enough access to prove it was man made.

I am working under the assumption it made the leap from animals.   Muggsy may not like that.

Keep sciencing, as the next one may be worse.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #4336 on: October 24, 2021, 06:01:40 PM »

🤡

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4337 on: October 24, 2021, 07:06:58 PM »
Keefe Jr. joins the conversation......not your normal level of creepy though.

Your user name is finigan spelled backwards.  Figuring that out is not being creepy, that's just a dumb username if your last name is Finigan.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4338 on: October 24, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »
Ohh good. We haven’t had a 1/6/21 reference in about 24 hours.  Glad we can keep on schedule.

Broken record.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4339 on: October 24, 2021, 07:08:36 PM »
There are usernames on here that aren't stupid, Ziggy?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4340 on: October 24, 2021, 09:48:54 PM »

Almost 5 million killed and there’s no point finding out how or why this happened? Please tell us you’re kidding.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4341 on: October 24, 2021, 09:49:30 PM »
There are usernames on here that aren't stupid, Ziggy?

Yes

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4342 on: October 24, 2021, 10:07:10 PM »

4.94 million dead, a couple hundred million infected, mental illness off the charts, millions of school children falling hopelessly behind, economies ruined, etc., etc., etc. vs one dead protester among a few hundred other unarmed bozos who were daffy but certainly not daffy enough to think they were involved in a violent (weapon free) coup attempt.

Good comps, they no doubt deserve the same amount of scrutiny.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4343 on: October 24, 2021, 10:38:51 PM »
4.94 million dead, a couple hundred million infected, mental illness off the charts, millions of school children falling hopelessly behind, economies ruined, etc., etc., etc. vs one dead protester among a few hundred other unarmed bozos who were daffy but certainly not daffy enough to think they were involved in a violent (weapon free) coup attempt.

Good comps, they no doubt deserve the same amount of scrutiny.

It might just be that BOTH are very bad and BOTH should be fully investigated. I realize your politics interferes with your ability to reach such an obvious conclusion, but it is what it is..

And no, economies are not "ruined" and children aren't "hopelessly" behind. Words have meanings, and you're not using these correctly.

And what about the dead cop on 1/6 and 5he many others injured? Only some blue lives matter?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 10:42:32 PM by Pakuni »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4344 on: October 24, 2021, 10:52:40 PM »
It might just be that BOTH are very bad and BOTH should be fully investigated. I realize your politics interferes with your ability to reach such an obvious conclusion, but it is what it is..

And no, economies are not "ruined" and children aren't "hopelessly" behind. Words have meanings, and you're not using these correctly.

Yes, words do have meaning. What happened Jan 6 was awful, but calling it a “violent attempt to overthrow the government” is absurd. We’re those few hundred folks going to walk into the Capitol armed with nothing but their cellphones and just “take over”?

So I’ll substitute “thousands of businesses” for economies and apologize for my hyperbole. I won’t backtrack on children being left “hopelessly behind”, especially those in our poorest communities who were already on the brink. Regrettably, I think that assessment is accurate.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4345 on: October 24, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »
Yes, words do have meaning. What happened Jan 6 was awful, but calling it a “violent attempt to overthrow the government” is absurd. We’re those few hundred folks going to walk into the Capitol armed with nothing but their cellphones and just “take over”?

So I’ll substitute “thousands of businesses” for economies and apologize for my hyperbole. I won’t backtrack on children being left “hopelessly behind”, especially those in our poorest communities who were already on the brink. Regrettably, I think that assessment is accurate.

You really are telling on yourself here, Lenny.
So far, about 685 people have been charged in connection with the Capitol riots and estimates have between 800 and 1,000 people entering the building that day, with thousands more on the Capitol grounds. Unless you believe literally hundreds of people are being falsely prosecuted, that seems a bit more than your insistence that it was just "a few hundred folks."
Armed with nothing more than cell phones? Among the weapons these "daffy folks" were carrying, and in many instances used against law enforcement, that day were stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats, flagpoles, hockey sticks, axes, knives, fire extinguishers and clubs. Oh, and as of June, four people had been charged with carrying a firearm on the Capitol grounds that day.
Now, who exactly told you these daffy folks weren't armed? I'm thinking it starts with an 'F' and ends with an 'X.'
And why no mention of the groups to which these daffy folk belonged? You know, the Oath Keepers, the 3 Percenters, the Proud Boys, etc.? Or the evidence that these groups planned their actions well in advance?

And just so we're clear, the victim you describe as a "protester" illegally broke into the Capitol with the stated intent to stop one of our most sacred Constitutional processes, then attempted to smash her way through a closed door into the Speaker's lobby to get at the members of Congress hiding there.

Lastly, you're wrong about students being "hopelessly" behind. Kids fell behind, for sure, but the notion that the learning loss is irretrievable is not one shared in the educational community.   

I don't want to get the thread locked - and maybe I've already gone too far (sorry, Rocky and Topper) - so I'll stop there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4346 on: October 25, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »
You really are telling on yourself here, Lenny.
So far, about 685 people have been charged in connection with the Capitol riots and estimates have between 800 and 1,000 people entering the building that day, with thousands more on the Capitol grounds. Unless you believe literally hundreds of people are being falsely prosecuted, that seems a bit more than your insistence that it was just "a few hundred folks."
Armed with nothing more than cell phones? Among the weapons these "daffy folks" were carrying, and in many instances used against law enforcement, that day were stun guns, pepper spray, baseball bats, flagpoles, hockey sticks, axes, knives, fire extinguishers and clubs. Oh, and as of June, four people had been charged with carrying a firearm on the Capitol grounds that day.
Now, who exactly told you these daffy folks weren't armed? I'm thinking it starts with an 'F' and ends with an 'X.'
And why no mention of the groups to which these daffy folk belonged? You know, the Oath Keepers, the 3 Percenters, the Proud Boys, etc.? Or the evidence that these groups planned their actions well in advance?

And just so we're clear, the victim you describe as a "protester" illegally broke into the Capitol with the stated intent to stop one of our most sacred Constitutional processes, then attempted to smash her way through a closed door into the Speaker's lobby to get at the members of Congress hiding there.

Lastly, you're wrong about students being "hopelessly" behind. Kids fell behind, for sure, but the notion that the learning loss is irretrievable is not one shared in the educational community.   

I don't want to get the thread locked - and maybe I've already gone too far (sorry, Rocky and Topper) - so I'll stop there.

I’m telling on myself? LOL. I hate what happened Jan 6 and have no sympathy for the mob who stormed the Capitol. But let’s be honest. 684 people have been charged with crimes considerably short of sedition or treason. And from what we’ve seen from the current Justice Department I don’t think anyone could opine that they’re going easy on these bozos.

My opinion? It was a mob of angry people from disparate groups who (like mobs often do) got horribly out of control. If they really think that 800 mostly unarmed people were going to take over the US government they belong in mental institutions rather than jails.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4347 on: October 25, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »
Florida's governor thought it a bad idea to offer people a $100 incentive to get vaccinated, but wants to pay $5,000 to people who come to his state to remain unvaccinated.
What a country!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4348 on: October 25, 2021, 09:21:43 AM »

This isn't the place to litigate this, but lets remember some details. This all occurred in conjunction with:

1. The POTUS pressuring state governments, the DOJ, and the VP to overturn the election.
2. The POTUS pressuring Pence to decertify the results so that congress could put him in power.
3. When the above didn't work, the POTUS helped organize a "stop the steal" rally, as an additional pressure on the VP and congress to overturn the election.
4. That rally chanted "hang Mike Pence" as a form of additional pressure.
5. When all that didn't work, they stormed the capital and were expressly looking for Pence and top democrats leaders.

6. It remains to be seen, but there is some evidence that members of the GOP were complicit with planning these sets of events and facilitating an attack on the capital. If those are true, it is imperative that we know the details of it. Especially since it appears that these individuals are attempting to return to power.

An investigation is needed to ensure the integrity of our democratic institutions. Sweeping it under the rug makes us look like a mockery of democracy.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Now let's look at knowing the origin of COVID.

1. It will not improve the quality of medical treatments, nor bring back those that have died.
2. It will not save future individuals from COVID...only the vaccines will do that.
3. Even if it was a lab accident, it won't decrease the likelihood of future accidents.

4. Investigations into natural reservoirs will enhance our understanding of future threats.
5. Investigations into any role of China in the process is not a role of science, nor will that have any effect on science. It is a diplomatic process.

4/5 should be done independent of any formal investigation. We need to understand future threats and that is ongoing. The diplomatic process with China is our biggest national security concern...not in relation to COVID origins, but rather into their global threat. We should be focusing on them as a security concern, not trying to publicly vilify them without evidence...the latter is more likely to lead to major economic and possibly military confrontation.

-----------------------
I'd argue the first investigation has much much more importance than the latter. Simply because looking for natural origins of SARS-like viruses will be ongoing no matter what.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4349 on: October 25, 2021, 09:50:14 AM »
I’m telling on myself? LOL. I hate what happened Jan 6 and have no sympathy for the mob who stormed the Capitol. But let’s be honest. 684 people have been charged with crimes considerably short of sedition or treason. And from what we’ve seen from the current Justice Department I don’t think anyone could opine that they’re going easy on these bozos.

My opinion? It was a mob of angry people from disparate groups who (like mobs often do) got horribly out of control. If they really think that 800 mostly unarmed people were going to take over the US government they belong in mental institutions rather than jails.
First of all, there were many thousands of people there, not 800. Their aim wasn't to physically occupy the Capital long-term, it was to stage an insurrection so that the rightful President-Elect would not be, effectively, confirmed. THEY ATTEMPTED TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND INSTALL A DICTATOR, end of story. And the outgoing President was the one that encouraged them to overthrow the rightfully elected government.

Minimizing this as "800 people" is really something when it was the defeated POTUS and dozens of Representatives and Senators playing an ACTIVE part in attempting to overthrow the government.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback