[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 95959 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Illinois
« Reply #550 on: October 30, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
We’re not where we need to be on contact tracing, but apparently people are also ignoring the contact tracers.

"I'm calling from the government and I'm here to help." 

I can see why most people aren't cooperating.  Phishing scams, con artists, Nigerian princes, people are trained not to give out info over the phone to random callers.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #551 on: October 30, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »

I can see why most people aren't cooperating.  Phishing scams, con artists, Nigerian princes, people are trained not to give out info over the phone to random callers.

You need to be more trusting. My grandma certainly is.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #552 on: October 30, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »

Very fair point.  I have to ignore about 5-10 calls per day.  And if I don't recognize the number, I'm not picking up.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #553 on: October 30, 2020, 01:58:13 PM »

Absolutely correct. 

I am not answering phone numbers I don't know.
I am not answering any questions in general.  I hate getting phone calls for surveys from places I have been or from my own insurance company or anything else.  I am definitely not answering random questions about contact tracing.  I would inform my friends if I was positive and in contact with them. 

Contact tracing is kind of a waste of time and money.  Better off on spending money for inexpensive home tests being sent out to hot zone areas and asking everyone to take the test in their own private home and quarantine accordingly if you test positive.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #554 on: October 30, 2020, 02:00:09 PM »
Absolutely correct. 

I am not answering phone numbers I don't know.
I am not answering any questions in general.  I hate getting phone calls for surveys from places I have been or from my own insurance company or anything else.  I am definitely not answering random questions about contact tracing.  I would inform my friends if I was positive and in contact with them. 

Contact tracing is kind of a waste of time and money.  Better off on spending money for inexpensive home tests being sent out to hot zone areas and asking everyone to take the test in their own private home and quarantine accordingly if you test positive.

Herein lies the problem.  No one wants to do anything.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:03:04 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #555 on: October 30, 2020, 02:09:46 PM »
Herein lies the problem.  No one wants to do anything.

Home tests?  People won’t trust them.  Test positive?  I have to go to work anyway or go to the bar or restaurant or movie or grocery store and so on.

We are selfish people.  Freedoms?  It’s selfishness
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #556 on: October 30, 2020, 05:06:36 PM »
Contact tracing has been used very effectively in other countries, most notably various Asian ones, it’s hardly a waste of time and money.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #557 on: October 30, 2020, 07:30:21 PM »

And over the last several weeks, countless robocalls from political campaigns asking for money.

Contact tracing is critical to fight a pandemic, but it’s easy to see why people would be reluctant to answer a call from an unfamiliar number.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #558 on: October 30, 2020, 07:39:52 PM »

And over the last several weeks, countless robocalls from political campaigns asking for money.

Contact tracing is critical to fight a pandemic, but it’s easy to see why people would be reluctant to answer a call from an unfamiliar number.

I don’t answer numbers I don’t know as well.  Maybe I should? 

I’m probably being naive but I’d imagine one would know if they might be contacted by a tracer?  If there’s an outbreak at a restaurant or some locale, I’d know If I had been there or if a friend or acquaintance got sick I’d expect a possible call?  With so many potential layers, it’s a thankless job
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #559 on: October 30, 2020, 07:44:01 PM »
I don’t answer numbers I don’t know as well.  Maybe I should? 

I’m probably being naive but I’d imagine one would know if they might be contacted by a tracer?  If there’s an outbreak at a restaurant or some locale, I’d know If I had been there or if a friend or acquaintance got sick I’d expect a possible call?  With so many potential layers, it’s a thankless job

Yep. It’s a tough one.

I hope contact tracers are taught to leave a message. I ignore unknown numbers but if I got a message I would listen to it and I would certainly call the department of health if the message indicated it was for contact tracing purposes.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #560 on: October 31, 2020, 12:13:53 PM »
Yep. It’s a tough one.

I hope contact tracers are taught to leave a message. I ignore unknown numbers but if I got a message I would listen to it and I would certainly call the department of health if the message indicated it was for contact tracing purposes.

"This is the Social Security administration with an urgent message..."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #561 on: October 31, 2020, 02:04:21 PM »
"This is the Social Security administration with an urgent message..."

I most definitely would not just call the same number back. I would contact the local Department of Health to verify that the contact was legit.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #562 on: November 01, 2020, 08:35:12 AM »
Very fair point.  I have to ignore about 5-10 calls per day.  And if I don't recognize the number, I'm not picking up.

My wife and I have been getting several calls per week from companies trying to sell us extended warranties for our cars. This is relatively new, maybe been going on for 3 months or so. We have tried blocking the numbers, not answering, etc, but we keep getting 'em.

Anybody else?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2020, 08:57:27 AM »
My wife and I have been getting several calls per week from companies trying to sell us extended warranties for our cars. This is relatively new, maybe been going on for 3 months or so. We have tried blocking the numbers, not answering, etc, but we keep getting 'em.

Anybody else?

Yep.  Recently it's the extended warranty ones .. but also something about health care insurance. 

This month we're also getting 1-2 calls per day from "CALTROLL_123" .. troll .. there is never anyone on the other end.   I figure it was hackers testing the phone system.  With the proximity to the elections, it made me think they were related.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2020, 11:08:18 AM »
I’ve been getting the extended warranties for quite a while now.
Before I traded the car in this past January, it was ten years old with 160,000 miles. I always wanted to say, sure, give me an extended warranty....
They are still calling about that car.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2020, 11:15:43 AM »
It amazes me when I get extended warranty calls/letters for my 1998 wrangler with about 300k miles.  Uhh...what would you possibly cover?   But I still get them every year.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »
I get calls about air duct cleaning, sometimes 3-4 a day.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2020, 03:19:20 PM »
Student loans has been common for me.  Haven't had a loan in a decade but whatevs.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #568 on: November 02, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »
So I learned today of at least one bar/restaurant in the city commonly frequented by CFD and CPD on the northwest side that just put up white paper over the windows and are having patrons coming in the back door to full capacity. What a joke.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #569 on: November 02, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »
So I learned today of at least one bar/restaurant in the city commonly frequented by CFD and CPD on the northwest side that just put up white paper over the windows and are having patrons coming in the back door to full capacity. What a joke.

Name and shame on the neighborhood facebook group. My neighborhood has been working to get those restaurants fined, and celebrating the restaurants playing by the rules and keeping the community safe.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #570 on: November 02, 2020, 03:13:43 PM »

Just report to Lightfoot and Pritzkers offices.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #571 on: November 02, 2020, 03:19:14 PM »
Bust them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #572 on: November 02, 2020, 07:06:08 PM »
The far northwest side is populated by CPD and CFD - mentioning it in a neighborhood FB group would bring it praise and probably more business. Report them to the city.  Or call the media. Or both.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #573 on: November 02, 2020, 08:19:25 PM »
The far northwest side is populated by CPD and CFD - mentioning it in a neighborhood FB group would bring it praise and probably more business. Report them to the city.  Or call the media. Or both.

I want to confirm it's happening and not get this place canceled without the facts. I know that at least it's happening for my uncle's retirement party from CFD.

If it's a daily happening Im absolutely calling the media
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #574 on: November 08, 2020, 06:18:38 PM »
12,438 new cases reported on Saturday.

Pritzker said he can't rule out a lockdown in the coming weeks.

feedback