[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 95682 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Illinois
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:42:53 PM »
Figured a lot of us live in IL as well and might be good to have a thread like the Wisconsin one.

Maigh Eo for Sam

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Illinois
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 03:48:09 PM »
Heard from a buddy who is is the EHS Director at a big plant in the burbs lockdown is coming to IL really soon. Statewide. Then just saw this tweet.

https://twitter.com/BernieGlavin/status/1240732954017611777?s=09
But I like to throw handfuls...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 03:59:20 PM »
Heard from a buddy who is is the EHS Director at a big plant in the burbs lockdown is coming to IL really soon. Statewide. Then just saw this tweet.

Be careful with that tweet. look at some of the responses

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 04:04:49 PM »
I heard Chicago and more burbs were going to Order in Place as well but that tweet doesn't seem legit from the responses.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:07:58 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »
Oak Park starts "shelter in place" tomorrow. neighbor suburbs are supporting that measure. Most suburbs will rely on Cook County to issue declaration. Largely because most burbs don't have their own health department.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »

I know that dude!

However, I do believe that that's a common shipping route for Oshkosh to send military vehicles on. Pretty sure I've seen that before.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 04:53:31 PM »
Shelter in place would be smart. Allow people to go to grocery stores, pharmacies, doctors, banks, etc. Otherwise, stay in the house.

I don't like the idea of military-style lockdown, at least not yet. See how people respond to shelter in place.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 05:29:55 PM »
Heard the numbers out of Cook County are going to be staggering.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 06:07:05 PM »

A few days ago I saw a similar video on my wife's Facebook feed which said "Watertown, Wisconsin".  I couldn't bring myself to link that.   :P

I'd rather see the guys in boots than nothing to be honest.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 08:42:18 PM »
Heard the numbers out of Cook County are going to be staggering.

I would not be shocked. But I would expect it to be in line with most other major metropolitan areas.

What are you hearing?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 08:57:34 PM »
I would not be shocked. But I would expect it to be in line with most other major metropolitan areas.

What are you hearing?

“Staggering” honestly that’s it. Also, that there’s a concern of hysteria.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 09:06:27 PM »
Popped into a couple favorite breweries today to pick up cans to go. Remember to support local business in this lockdown, both breweries were incredibly thankful
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 09:09:13 PM »
I've been chatting up the Metra conductors all week.

Number of trips are going to be cut significantly next week.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 10:49:22 AM »
“Staggering” honestly that’s it. Also, that there’s a concern of hysteria.

I live in Chicago. I’m sure we will have high numbers like New York, with our density, but I’m not seeing anything close to hysteria. People are calm, grocery stores and pharmacies are orderly.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 10:57:51 AM »
I live in Chicago. I’m sure we will have high numbers like New York, with our density, but I’m not seeing anything close to hysteria. People are calm, grocery stores and pharmacies are orderly.

This. Idk how the denser parts are but the Home Depot, jewel, aldi and target on the west side was fine.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 11:07:20 AM »
FWIW, most neighborhoods in the big east coast cities are about twice as dense as the densest neighborhoods of Midwest cities.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 11:13:59 AM »
FWIW, most neighborhoods in the big east coast cities are about twice as dense as the densest neighborhoods of Midwest cities.

True. Once you get outside of the River North/South Loop/West Town city center boundaries, Chicago isn't THAT dense.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
Looking for some input from Scoopers on a somewhat complicated situation I find myself in.

We sold our Chicago condo and bought a house in Libertyville right before all this crap hit the fan. I am not regretting it (yet) because I still think it was the right thing for our growing family but the logistics of this are making me anxious.

The condo buyers close April 17. We close on our home May 1, but don't get possession until June 15 (sellers will be renting from us for 1.5 months). We are planning to live with our in-laws for the in-between time. As of right now, everyone is healthy, although the in-laws are in their 60s and have some risks (one is a smoker, one is diabetic). They live in Lake Zurich in Lake County.  I'm trying to make the wisest, healthiest decision for everyone involved.

Our original move date, which is currently on the books, is April 15. Movers will be taking all of our stuff and putting it into storage until we move into the house in June. I am wondering if we should move up our move date to get out to Lake Zurich sooner than planned. I called the moving company and the earliest they can do is April 1 (which makes sense, they are probably booked with moves for renters whose leases end at the end of the month). So we are talking a difference of 2 weeks. Downside....this would be added stress on me, my wife, and our 2 month old, to vacate our condo 2 weeks earlier than planned. We have not started packing yet, but can utilize packers from the moving company, which is what we will probably do regardless. My wife has stated she really doesn't want to move earlier than we need to, and I usually live by happy wife = happy life and go along with her wishes. However, I am worried about the risk of us getting infected in those extra two weeks going up, and then infecting our in laws. I am also worried about moving companies getting shut down. However, I guess if that happens, the people buying our condo won't be able to move in either....so who knows.

Just looking for thoughts. Thank you.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »

Just what expectations there are. Retired officers are being asked to come back. Sounds like bad news Friday afternoon potentially coming.

I’m glad they’re preparing for the potential worst in people.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 12:51:31 PM »
Illinois moving to "Lockdown," but really shelter in place. Grocery stores, pharmacies, plumbers, electicians, roads and highways, banks, etc. to remain open. Hopefully movers too....LOL

National guard being activated, but says these are NOT used for quarantine enforcement but are mostly medical professionals and others for testing.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-illinois-shelter-in-place-lockdown-order-20200320-teedakbfw5gvdgmnaxlel54hau-story.html

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 07:43:46 PM »
Uncle sent me this today. It's up on Devon.

Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 08:17:18 PM »
My fav part of the announcement today, other than Pritzker looking unbelievably uncomfortable up there, was him comparing this to the Great Chicago Fire as a setback Chicago will bounce back from. Not dramatic at all! And then the creative liberties in describing Chicago as a “small midwestern town” before the fire, that grew to something great. There is no doubt that Chicago benefited greatly from a redesign and fresh start, but it was larger than Boston, DC, and anywhere not named NYC or Philly, it wasn’t some fledgling outpost.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 08:19:26 PM »
My fav part of the announcement today, other than Pritzker looking unbelievably uncomfortable up there, was him comparing this to the Great Chicago Fire as a setback Chicago will bounce back from. Not dramatic at all! And then the creative liberties in describing Chicago as a “small midwestern town” before the fire, that grew to something great. There is no doubt that Chicago benefited greatly from a redesign and fresh start, but it was larger than Boston, DC, and anywhere not named NYC or Philly, it wasn’t some fledgling outpost.

We were actually smaller than St. Louis at the time of the fire.

Edit: went to fact check myself and found out we were in fact slightly larger. I swear I was taught otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:21:06 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 08:25:10 PM »
We were actually smaller than St. Louis at the time of the fire.
We'll always be bigger than SL(u)!

Coleman, I would consider talking with the realtors involved and seeing if anyone else is considering a different timeline.  If not, you could sweeten the deal to rent your condo from the new owners at above market rates.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 08:48:32 PM »
Uncle sent me this today. It's up on Devon.

Marengo, gross.

feedback