[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 95709 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Illinois
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2020, 10:32:13 PM »
We have donated furniture to the local Habitat REstore.  They either sell the items or use them to furnish the houses they build.

When we sold our house in Illinois and moved south we gave all of our furniture to our parish for their annual “Whale of a Sale” (rummage sale) event. Volunteers came by twice in a truck to pick things up. Win/win.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 12:00:46 AM »
Army planning to turn McCormick Place into a hospital:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/us-army-corps-of-engineers-plans-to-turn-mccormick-place-into-a-3000-bed-hospital/2246392/

There's some good DePaul jokes here that we could make.  But let's wait until after the pandemic.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 09:39:36 AM »
Army planning to turn McCormick Place into a hospital:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/us-army-corps-of-engineers-plans-to-turn-mccormick-place-into-a-3000-bed-hospital/2246392/

There's some good DePaul jokes here that we could make.  But let's wait until after the pandemic.
It's going to take the Army Corp of Engineers a month to put 3k beds in McCromick Place?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »
It's going to take the Army Corp of Engineers a month to put 3k beds in McCromick Place?

100 beds a day, seems lofty, the convention unions still involved.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 01:36:15 PM »
100 beds a day, seems lofty, the convention unions still involved.

100 a day?  The volunteers at St. Ben’s warming shelter in Milwaukee set up 72 cots in about an hour on many winter nights.
Ludum habemus.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 01:49:31 PM »

Are beds the only thing you need to set up a hospital?
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »
100 a day?  The volunteers at St. Ben’s warming shelter in Milwaukee set up 72 cots in about an hour on many winter nights.

So you think a cot and a hospital bed are the same thing? With the same requirements?

Did the cot guys set up electrical outlets for every cot?

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 02:36:41 PM »
They converted the Javits Center in Manhattan in a week.  We can agree to disagree but April 24-- in our current, COVID-19 timeline-- seems really, really far away to me. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »
Looks like Illinois is extending its stay-at-home until the end of April.
Ugh.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2020, 03:44:23 PM »
Ugh.

Smart

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2020, 05:31:16 PM »
Ugh.

Saw this coming at least a week ago.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »
Ugh.

And don't be shocked when this goes until Memorial Day. I don't think any schools in IL will reopen for this school year.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2020, 08:08:38 AM »
Anybody get a 5am iPhone alert begging retired medical staff to return
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2020, 08:53:32 AM »
And don't be shocked when this goes until Memorial Day. I don't think any schools in IL will reopen for this school year.

I don't think they are either, and it's a bummer. My daughter loves kindergarten, and her friends there. Hoping there's at least a day to get together when we get through this thing for them.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »
Anybody get a 5am iPhone alert begging retired medical staff to return
No, but I got two yesterday.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2020, 09:06:29 AM »
I think by 4th of July, Illinois will be past this.

But yeah, school is done for the year fo sho

Chili

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 09:21:44 AM »
The biggest they need is the antibody test for everyone then vaccine. Until that happens we won't be able to fully resume life. My wife is due on June 4 so we've been actively planning out scenarios for the last few weeks but it sucks that neither of our parents will get to experience their first grandchild with us. And for me in particular, my mother has an autoimmune disease + other complications that make any visit a 100% no go. But, right now we're just hoping Northwestern can keep the women's hospital clean and isolated from the rest hospital. They've been very proactive in their protocols I just hope we don't have any clowns who feel the need to be their S.O. if they have symptoms to ruin it for all of us.

Sorry if it this went O.T. - but just need to vent some thoughts.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2020, 09:39:52 AM »
The biggest they need is the antibody test for everyone then vaccine. Until that happens we won't be able to fully resume life. My wife is due on June 4 so we've been actively planning out scenarios for the last few weeks but it sucks that neither of our parents will get to experience their first grandchild with us. And for me in particular, my mother has an autoimmune disease + other complications that make any visit a 100% no go. But, right now we're just hoping Northwestern can keep the women's hospital clean and isolated from the rest hospital. They've been very proactive in their protocols I just hope we don't have any clowns who feel the need to be their S.O. if they have symptoms to ruin it for all of us.

Congrats on the first child. Sorry it is happening during this crapshow. We have a three month old.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2020, 09:47:11 AM »

Congratulations on your first, Chili!

Sorry if it's in a really stressful time...but just think of the stories you can tell while he or she grows up.

Oh, and if you need techie advice on how to get everyone together electronically, just ask the baby. I hear younger kids are great with tech stuff. ;)

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2020, 01:24:11 PM »
But, right now we're just hoping Northwestern can keep the women's hospital clean and isolated from the rest hospital. They've been very proactive in their protocols I just hope we don't have any clowns who feel the need to be their S.O. if they have symptoms to ruin it for all of us.

They go pretty hard on locking down visitors for even "small" things.  You'll be in great hands at Prentice.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2020, 09:15:49 AM »
I generally appreciate Pritzker’s approach, but he needs a lesson in NIMS and the role of states response first, followed by the federal government.  How his administration doesn’t understand this after laws and policy changes from 9-11 is hard to justify. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Warriors4ever

• All American

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2020, 09:38:20 PM »
As the sky clears tonight, I would normally sit on my patio and count 15-20 planes from east to west queued up for O’Hare.

There’s only been 3 in the last 20 minutes, crazy.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2020, 10:01:17 PM »
As the sky clears tonight, I would normally sit on my patio and count 15-20 planes from east to west queued up for O’Hare.

There’s only been 3 in the last 20 minutes, crazy.

Worked from my deck in Avondale all afternoon on Zoom calls and watched the planes come in from the east. Of those coming in it seemed to be almost all long haul international flights with a few domestic here or there. Really weird.

I read a stat that on Monday NYC had something like a total of 25-30 flights out of all 3 airports when they usually have about 300 a day.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2020, 10:07:48 PM »
Worked from my deck in Avondale all afternoon on Zoom calls and watched the planes come in from the east. Of those coming in it seemed to be almost all long haul international flights with a few domestic here or there. Really weird.

I read a stat that on Monday NYC had something like a total of 25-30 flights out of all 3 airports when they usually have about 300 a day.

All things considered, great day for the patio office. Pretty sure I picked up some sunburn.