collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 94569 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Illinois
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2020, 07:49:47 PM »
+1 Chili

The grocery store we frequent in the South Loop won't let you in if you're not wearing a mask, and is strict about how many people are in the store at the same time. Also, if you touch an item you buy it. They encourage you to get in and out so that more customers can be served.

I'm surprised people go to places that are messing around with your health. It's easy to vote with your dollars.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #501 on: June 22, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »
Yeah to go off chili's point the Home Depot and Lowe's in galewood/Belmont Craigin are both 100% masks. As is the Home Depot in broadview
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2020, 10:31:10 PM »
Inside grocery stores, Home Depot, etc. is still 100% here in the from what I have seen. I was at Jewel on Clybourn by the good Taco Bell this week and a younger dude was shopping without a mask. An employee walked up with a disposable mask and told him to either put it on or he would have to leave. He put it on.

When I am taking my dog or kid for a walk do we wear masks in the neighborhood, no, but I also will cross the street or maintain social distancing of at least 6'.

Masks are going to be the rule here until 2021 I think so people should probably just get used to it. Personally, I wouldn't be go inside a confined place without one now.

Thanks for this response, Chili. My son lives about a block and a half from "the Jewels" in Lincoln Square, and they were requiring masks back then. Glad to hear they still are.

And yes, when we took the twins for a walk, we didn't wear our masks unless we were approaching other people. That's obviously reasonable.

Here in Charlotte, I've been extremely disappointed by the selfishness of most people when it comes to this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2020, 07:28:40 PM »
Anti-abortion group sues Pritzker to hold large events.
Apparently not as pro-life as they claim

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20200624/anti-abortion-group-sues-to-hold-large-gatherings

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #504 on: July 05, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »
Illinois reported Sunday that its rolling 7-day positivity rate is down to 2.3 percent.
For comparison's sake:
Arizona (26%), Florida (18%), Nevada (16%), South Carolina (15%), Alabama (15%), Texas (14.5%), Mississippi (14%), Georgia (13%), Idaho 11%), Kansas (10%) and Utah (10%).

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2020, 11:09:16 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2020, 11:19:46 AM »
Joliet, Illinois thread, wow:

https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/1281211243408363520?s=19

This woman has been well known as an online racist/troll for years. The BBC even write about her in 2016.
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-35813994
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 11:21:28 AM by Pakuni »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2020, 05:57:49 PM »
Just to be clear, the woman referred to as racist is not Radley Balko, the name in the link. Read the responses for more info.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
Chicago considering going back to Phase 3

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/07/15/chicago-dangerously-close-to-reversing-course-on-coronavirus-progress-and-going-back-to-phase-3-mayor-warns/

> If we get back up above 400 new cases per day in the city, that will be a cause for serious concern, Arwady said.

We are currently at ~200 cases/day

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #509 on: July 15, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/07/15/chicago-dangerously-close-to-reversing-course-on-coronavirus-progress-and-going-back-to-phase-3-mayor-warns/

> If we get back up above 400 new cases per day in the city, that will be a cause for serious concern, Arwady said.

A case spike seems the inevitable result of reopening combined with the 4th of July holiday, and I'm glad the city (and Pritzker) are hammering home their willingness to move back to Phase 3. That said, the state seems far from the crises we're seeing in other states, so hopefully people behave and we don't regress.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #510 on: July 15, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »
A case spike seems the inevitable result of reopening combined with the 4th of July holiday, and I'm glad the city (and Pritzker) are hammering home their willingness to move back to Phase 3. That said, the state seems far from the crises we're seeing in other states, so hopefully people behave and we don't regress.

Agreed. I feel like this is an, "I'm watching you. Don't f*ck up." statement by Lori.

Most of the July 4th gatherings I saw in the city were 10-or-fewer people. Really chill but with lots of explosives. The people in the neighborhood we were in (Avondale) that usually have ragers took this year off, which I really appreciate.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #511 on: July 15, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »

Tale of Two Cities. Some areas subdued/mask wearing.   Others crowded with no mask usage.

My guess is we revert in a month as cases/positiviry rate likely to rise again.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #512 on: July 15, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
Agreed. I feel like this is an, "I'm watching you. Don't f*ck up." statement by Lori.

Most of the July 4th gatherings I saw in the city were 10-or-fewer people. Really chill but with lots of explosives. The people in the neighborhood we were in (Avondale) that usually have ragers took this year off, which I really appreciate.

I live in Avondale and the fireworks were ridiculous. This will be the last year we stick around for the 4th. Just need to hope and pray the garage or house doesn't catch a errant firework. 3 fireworks related fires within a mile of house.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #513 on: July 15, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »
I live in Avondale and the fireworks were ridiculous. This will be the last year we stick around for the 4th. Just need to hope and pray the garage or house doesn't catch a errant firework. 3 fireworks related fires within a mile of house.

I have lived in my house in Milwaukee for 15 July 4th’s and never found fireworks in my yard until this year.  Reckless and wildly inconsiderate
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #514 on: July 15, 2020, 12:34:35 PM »
I have been watching the zip code reports, and it has been interesting. I could see the uptick last week in the Lincoln Park and north side areas.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #515 on: July 15, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/see-the-11-new-regions-illinois-is-divided-into-for-coronavirus-response/2305609/

Illinois now divided into 11 health regions.
I think this is a good idea. Naperville can now complain about being lumped in with Aurora, and McHenry can complain about Waukegan, instead of them all complaining about Chicago.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #516 on: July 15, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/see-the-11-new-regions-illinois-is-divided-into-for-coronavirus-response/2305609/

Illinois now divided into 11 health regions.
I think this is a good idea. Naperville can now complain about being lumped in with Aurora, and McHenry can complain about Waukegan, instead of them all complaining about Chicago.

This virus has shown that state boundries are a useless relic.  Having a resort town like Lake Geneva open when it's surrounded by closed down Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago shows how regional cooperation would make much more sense. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #517 on: July 15, 2020, 03:32:12 PM »
I have lived in my house in Milwaukee for 15 July 4th’s and never found fireworks in my yard until this year.  Reckless and wildly inconsiderate

We live downtown near MSOE. We took the dog for a walk around 10:30 and there were fireworks being shot out of higher residential windows and flying horizontally over our heads. It was absurd.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #518 on: July 15, 2020, 03:35:34 PM »
I agree regional would be best, but that fell apart pretty quickly, and with Wisconsin’s court decision, I don’t see how it can happen.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #519 on: July 15, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »
This virus has shown that state boundries are a useless relic.  Having a resort town like Lake Geneva open when it's surrounded by closed down Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago shows how regional cooperation would make much more sense. 

Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and Illinois should ban together. Does Evers even have to power to discuss it though? All the Facebook warriors think JB is powerless in Illinois (wrong).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #520 on: July 15, 2020, 10:14:29 PM »
Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and Illinois should ban together. Does Evers even have to power to discuss it though? All the Facebook warriors think JB is powerless in Illinois (wrong).

Nah, Indiana can suck a D.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #521 on: July 15, 2020, 11:09:26 PM »
No, I don't know that it can work now.  At one point there were billboards by the Indiana-Michigan border touting the fact that they were open and Michigan was not, and they were luring people from Illinois as well.  And I imagine the court decision in Wisconsin means we can't do anything with them.  Even today, I heard a guy on the radio from Illinois touting the fact that the flea market just over the border in Wisconsin where his wife sells stuff is great because everybody is going there instead of to the Kane County one, and so it's crowded. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »
CPS expected to announce tomorrow that they're starting the school year 100% distance learning. CTU is trying to stand up for their health, with rumors of a strike vote next week if CPS decides on a hybrid approach putting them at risk.

https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-schools-school-opening-cps-reopening-chicago/6353705/

🏀

• All American
« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »
CPS expected to announce tomorrow that they're starting the school year 100% distance learning. CTU is trying to stand up for their health, with rumors of a strike vote next week if CPS decides on a hybrid approach putting them at risk.

https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-schools-school-opening-cps-reopening-chicago/6353705/

Captain Obvious checking in on what the CTU plans were all along.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
My sister, the nurse, who works both at a trauma center and suburban hospitals, says things getting worse again.  More beds devoted to Covid, supplies getting tight,  and more negative outcomes.

Anecdotal I know.  Hate to be a negativo but sounds like things are going to get worse again in Chicago area.