[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 95688 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Illinois
« Reply #450 on: May 20, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »
Good to see enough people in the joint committee convinced Pritzker to scrap his emergency rule. 

https://patch.com/illinois/springfield-il/emergency-rule-threatening-owners-open-businesses-withdrawn?utm_content=illinois&utm_campaign=blasts&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR0YW5nJHU-RZqtnlSNlcgoNormGO5qaqEihLGNjK7aTDrt11z8d_WrGdAA

I agree somewhat. We need some laws on the books surrounding the edicts being passed down. It's tough to police (literally) when nothing is technically against the law. I would like businesses and fellow patrons held accountable for any anti-social behavior that risks the public health.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2020, 10:13:40 AM »
I agree somewhat. We need some laws on the books surrounding the edicts being passed down. It's tough to police (literally) when nothing is technically against the law. I would like businesses and fellow patrons held accountable for any anti-social behavior that risks the public health.

Can we also have our public officials, including the mayor and governor bound to the same edicts passed down?  Way too much of telling us what to do and they are doing the exact opposite.  Bad form, bad examples and it plants the seed to everyone else to say I'm not following your orders if you aren't doing it, too.  Supposedly we are all in this together.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »
Can we also have our public officials, including the mayor and governor bound to the same edicts passed down?  Way too much of telling us what to do and they are doing the exact opposite.  Bad form, bad examples and it plants the seed to everyone else to say I'm not following your orders if you aren't doing it, too.  Supposedly we are all in this together.

Did you intentionally skip over some very high-up government officials in your diatribe?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2020, 11:19:47 AM »
Did you intentionally skip over some very high-up government officials in your diatribe?
Just a guess, but since this is the "Illinois" thread, maybe he is intentionally only referring to the Illinois governor and Illinois mayors? 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2020, 11:35:48 AM »
Just a guess, but since this is the "Illinois" thread, maybe he is intentionally only referring to the Illinois governor and Illinois mayors?
Fair

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #455 on: May 21, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »

No, I've already acknowledged that in the past, but whataboutism is frowned here apparently.  ::) You cannot have it both ways. Members here upset because Pence or Trump don't wear a mask (they should), but silent on local or state officials saying one thing and doing another isn't going to cut it.  One cannot claim that Trump not wearing a mask is bad leadership (it is) and sets a bad example (it does), but ignore when local and state politicians ignore their own edicts at the same time.  Some consistency would be appropriate.  Generally I have given Pritzker good marks, but he has stepped in it more than I care to admit with his family and nursing home decisions.  When he was at the podium saying his family was not to be touched was pure cowardice in my opinion. Whether in Florida or at their farm in Wisconsin.  He doesn't want citizens to travel to other states, but it is ok for his?  Alton's mayor got it right when his wife was caught partying at the bars after his edict said you couldn't do it. She was arrested, and he apologized.  Pritzker needed to take the high road there, and he didn't.  Lightfoot didn't either. 
— Plato

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2020, 12:55:24 PM »
No, I've already acknowledged that in the past, but whataboutism is frowned here apparently.  ::) You cannot have it both ways. Members here upset because Pence or Trump don't wear a mask (they should), but silent on local or state officials saying one thing and doing another isn't going to cut it.  One cannot claim that Trump not wearing a mask is bad leadership (it is) and sets a bad example (it does), but ignore when local and state politicians ignore their own edicts at the same time.  Some consistency would be appropriate.  Generally I have given Pritzker good marks, but he has stepped in it more than I care to admit with his family and nursing home decisions.  When he was at the podium saying his family was not to be touched was pure cowardice in my opinion. Whether in Florida or at their farm in Wisconsin.  He doesn't want citizens to travel to other states, but it is ok for his?  Alton's mayor got it right when his wife was caught partying at the bars after his edict said you couldn't do it. She was arrested, and he apologized.  Pritzker needed to take the high road there, and he didn't.  Lightfoot didn't either. 

If the worst thing Pritzker does is excuse his family from traveling from one of their private residences to another, then he's doing an excellent job.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #457 on: May 22, 2020, 01:03:21 PM »
If the worst thing Pritzker does is excuse his family from traveling from one of their private residences to another, then he's doing an excellent job.
It's not.  And he's not. 

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #458 on: May 22, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
It's not.  And he's not.

How much of this is identity politics out of curiosity? Please be honest, I'll gladly admit if he were an R I'd probably be considerably more critical.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #459 on: May 22, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »
How much of this is identity politics out of curiosity? Please be honest, I'll gladly admit if he were an R I'd probably be considerably more critical.

He has a 71% approval rating.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2020/5/1/21244714/illinois-politics-j-b-pritzker-we-ask-america-capitol-fax-poll-election-coronavirus-rich-miller

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #460 on: May 22, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »
He has a 71% approval rating.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2020/5/1/21244714/illinois-politics-j-b-pritzker-we-ask-america-capitol-fax-poll-election-coronavirus-rich-miller
  That's a 71% approval rating as to his handling of the Coronavirus, not that he has a 71% approval rating.  And I've neither met nor talked to anyone who likes how he's handling the lockdown.

None.  His progressive tax is going to be hurtful for me, many other small businesses and individual households.  His budget proposals aren't going to do anything other than keep Illinois in a fiscal decline and continue to be at  the bottom of the list of Nation's worst states fiscally.  His abortion on demand, at any time, is abominable.

If an R had the same policies, I'd be as critical.  Rauner was no prize either, but I am so looking forward to being able to move out of this state.

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #461 on: May 22, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
  That's a 71% approval rating as to his handling of the Coronavirus, not that he has a 71% approval rating.  And I've neither met nor talked to anyone who likes how he's handling the lockdown.

The We Ask America/Capitol Fax poll of 800 registered voters taken April 23-24 found that 71% approve of Pritzker’s handling of the state’s response to the outbreak, while just 23% disapprove.
A whopping 77% support the stay-at-home order, while only 18% oppose it and 4% don’t know. And 59% say they strongly support the order, while just 8% strongly oppose it.

Seems you're hanging with the 18 percent, because 77 percent approve of how he's handling the lockdown.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #462 on: May 22, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »
The We Ask America/Capitol Fax poll of 800 registered voters taken April 23-24 found that 71% approve of Pritzker’s handling of the state’s response to the outbreak, while just 23% disapprove.
A whopping 77% support the stay-at-home order, while only 18% oppose it and 4% don’t know. And 59% say they strongly support the order, while just 8% strongly oppose it.

Seems you're hanging with the 18 percent, because 77 percent approve of how he's handling the lockdown.

Maybe there isnt more recent polling, but that data is a month old.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #463 on: May 22, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »

I am. 

Agreed.  The date of the article is May 1, or 3 full weeks ago.  Since then, he wanted to extend the lockdown another 150 days.  He also got caught with a do as I say and not as I do, which a lot of voters don't like.  I'm willing to bet that new poll numbers would be different.

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2020, 03:28:41 PM »
His family was already in Florida when stay at home was issued, so the only issue I would have is the family going to the horse farm after they returned. But maybe his wife insisted.
I do think he should have done some pressers downstate, but then he is open to criticism about traveling as well.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #465 on: May 22, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »

Fair. Couldn't find anything more recent.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2020, 03:51:03 PM »
I am. 
 Agreed.  The date of the article is May 1, or 3 full weeks ago.  Since then, he wanted to extend the lockdown another 150 days.  He also got caught with a do as I say and not as I do, which a lot of voters don't like.  I'm willing to bet that new poll numbers would be different.

Can I just ask, what would you have preferred he do when his family was not in the state at the time the order was issued?

I whole heartedly agree with any criticism regarding the trip to WI, that being said just about everyone I know with a summer home in WI went to stay at them, heck my manager just rented one for the summer to get out of the city. So it's a valid criticism but if you aren't going to hold it against your neighbor then it shouldn't be held against the governor.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #467 on: May 22, 2020, 04:09:44 PM »
Can I just ask, what would you have preferred he do when his family was not in the state at the time the order was issued?

I whole heartedly agree with any criticism regarding the trip to WI, that being said just about everyone I know with a summer home in WI went to stay at them, heck my manager just rented one for the summer to get out of the city. So it's a valid criticism but if you aren't going to hold it against your neighbor then it shouldn't be held against the governor.

IMO, its the thee, not me attitude. You plebs must stay home, while us patricians will go about our usual wealthy lifestyle.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #468 on: May 22, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »
So it's a valid criticism but if you aren't going to hold it against your neighbor then it shouldn't be held against the governor.

??? Your neighbor didn’t issue the order. Governor Pritzker did. If your neighbor breaks the rule, any consequences should be on him. If Pritzker can ignore his own rule, so can EVERYBODY. His order is meaningless.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #469 on: May 22, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »
??? Your neighbor didn’t issue the order. Governor Pritzker did. If your neighbor breaks the rule, any consequences should be on him. If Pritzker can ignore his own rule, so can EVERYBODY. His order is meaningless.

He didn't violate his order his family did. I don't know what your relationship is with your family but mine is that we're independent individuals.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »
He didn't violate his order his family did. I don't know what your relationship is with your family but mine is that we're independent individuals.

He, his wife and his daughter have been to the farm since he issued the order.

In my family, if I was in charge and issued such an order, I would follow it. So would my wife and children. This wasn’t a case of some second cousin ignoring his order. He tried to get away with calling it essential travel because there are animals on the farm that “needed to be cared for”. Who was caring for them when he was in Illinois and his wife and kid were in Florida? What a crock.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #471 on: May 23, 2020, 09:51:30 PM »
I’m just kind of surprised that someone with Pritzker’s money has a horse farm in Racine County rather than Kentucky or even St. Charles if he wants to stay closer to Chitown.   Taxes?
Ludum habemus.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #472 on: May 25, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »
He, his wife and his daughter have been to the farm since he issued the order.

In my family, if I was in charge and issued such an order, I would follow it. So would my wife and children. This wasn’t a case of some second cousin ignoring his order. He tried to get away with calling it essential travel because there are animals on the farm that “needed to be cared for”. Who was caring for them when he was in Illinois and his wife and kid were in Florida? What a crock.

He also ordered his contractors to travel from Wisconsin to Illinois to work on the property. 

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/illinois-construction-workers-traveling-to-wisconsin-to-work-on-pritzkers-farm-amid-stay-at-home-order

Apparently up in Michigan the same where the Governor said don't travel to your Summer homes and her family did it anyway.  Poor leadership, no different than the idiot playing golf during this thing.

I flew out of Chicago on Friday and back today with more than a fair share of upset people regarding the politicos saying one thing and doing another.  My wife and I looked at some property (drive by) over the weekend for fun, but tonight we looked at each other and may pull the trigger on leaving.  Tennessee, anyone calling that home at the moment?  Can you PM me?
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #473 on: May 25, 2020, 10:15:45 PM »
He also ordered his contractors to travel from Wisconsin to Illinois to work on the property. 

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/illinois-construction-workers-traveling-to-wisconsin-to-work-on-pritzkers-farm-amid-stay-at-home-order

Apparently up in Michigan the same where the Governor said don't travel to your Summer homes and her family did it anyway.  Poor leadership, no different than the idiot playing golf during this thing.

I flew out of Chicago on Friday and back today with more than a fair share of upset people regarding the politicos saying one thing and doing another.  My wife and I looked at some property (drive by) over the weekend for fun, but tonight we looked at each other and may pull the trigger on leaving.  Tennessee, anyone calling that home at the moment?  Can you PM me?

1. Construction has been deemed essential business from the very beginning, including in regards to out-of-state travel.
2. There was another guy around here who always randomly ran into people who totally agreed with him. What happened to that guy?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2020, 05:22:39 AM »
1. Construction has been deemed essential business from the very beginning, including in regards to out-of-state travel.
2. There was another guy around here who always randomly ran into people who totally agreed with him. What happened to that guy?

I was hanging out a hipster coffee shop, when I over heard...

feedback