collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 95910 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Illinois
« Reply #475 on: May 26, 2020, 06:01:09 AM »
The best part of the Pritzker horse farm is that it’s literally on the state line. You’re not in Wisconsin until your pull in the driveway.

Can rocky just change WarriorDad to cheeks already? Let’s put him out of his misery.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #476 on: May 26, 2020, 09:50:04 AM »

Can rocky just change WarriorDad to cheeks already? Let’s put him out of his misery.

It’s funnier the way it is. He pretends to be warriors dad, but he ain’t smart enough to remember who he is when posting. Lots of Chico diatribes under the guise of warrior dad.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #477 on: May 26, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
It’s funnier the way it is. He pretends to be warriors dad, but he ain’t smart enough to remember who he is when posting. Lots of Chico diatribes under the guise of warrior dad.
The dude is unbalanced--and I am not even talking about his political views. What sort of person is so needy for attention that they keep coming back to a place that they have been banned a dozen times, and have to make fake personalities up to do so? I feel sorry for his family.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #478 on: May 26, 2020, 12:16:41 PM »
1. Construction has been deemed essential business from the very beginning, including in regards to out-of-state travel.
2. There was another guy around here who always randomly ran into people who totally agreed with him. What happened to that guy?

There were people that agreed and disagreed.  I did not mean to suggest otherwise. 

I suppose there were no contractors in Wisconsin that could do the work.  Do you think the populace sees actions of Trump playing golf, Pritsker needing essential work done on one of his mansions in another state, haircuts, Michigan's first family needing their boat at their summer home and other examples as good leadership?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #479 on: May 26, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
The best part of the Pritzker horse farm is that it’s literally on the state line. You’re not in Wisconsin until your pull in the driveway.

What is wrong with some of you?  This is why I took a break months ago from this place as the hatred and toxicity mounted.  I am not cheeks or anyone but me here. 
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2020, 12:26:22 PM »
There were people that agreed and disagreed.  I did not mean to suggest otherwise. 

Sure. I'm sure the governor allowing work to be done on his home in complete compliance with the state's regulations was a controversial topic among travelers.

I suppose there were no contractors in Wisconsin that could do the work.
Or the project was almost certainly bid weeks, if not months, in advance and there's no reason to go out and find another contractor when nothing that was done here violated any state order or guideline.

Do you think the populace sees actions of Trump playing golf, Pritsker needing essential work done on one of his mansions in another state, haircuts, Michigan's first family needing their boat at their summer home and other examples as good leadership?
OK, fine, Pritzker should have put construction workers out of a job for no reason whatsoever. That would have been good leadership.
Do you ever stop and think before you post these things?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:47:36 PM by Pakuni »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2020, 12:46:36 PM »
This is why I took a break months ago from this place as the hatred and toxicity mounted.  moderators banned my other account for the dozenth time.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #482 on: May 27, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »
City of Chicago released their Phase 3 guidelines

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/reopening-business-portal.html

It sounds like the city should move to Phase 3 in the first two weeks of June if our progress holds. I've been pretty proud of people keeping distant and wearing masks in the South Loop. Hopefully, other neighborhoods are fighting the good fight as well.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #483 on: May 27, 2020, 08:14:31 PM »
That is inaccurate Tsmith.  I came back and he was still putting messages up here and didn't disappear (removed, quit, banned ?) until a few days later.
— Plato

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #484 on: May 27, 2020, 08:38:19 PM »
That is inaccurate Tsmith.  I came back and he was still putting messages up here and didn't disappear (removed, quit, banned ?) until a few days later.

Not Chicos.  Tired of the accusations.  Joined Scoop long before he was banned.  He still reads the board from time to time I understand. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #485 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #486 on: June 08, 2020, 04:20:06 PM »
The bridges seem to be mostly back down downtown. No more curfew as of Sunday. Relatively peaceful protesting continuing citywide.

No impact to Phase III yet, other than the protesting disrupting our data gathering (nobody going to get tested) and the potential for spread because of the protesting. I'm a little worried about the cops. Long hours for the last week, no PPE, much older than the protester's average age, close quarters.

My wife and I have been sneaking over to the Museum Campus on nice days. It's lovely taking a walk over there when there's no one else around.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #487 on: June 12, 2020, 10:41:15 PM »
Illinois has seen the largest decline in Nnew cases in the country.

https://twitter.com/JordanAbudayyeh/status/1271618590815502336/photo/1

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2020, 08:43:44 AM »
Illinois has seen the largest decline in Nnew cases in the country.

https://twitter.com/JordanAbudayyeh/status/1271618590815502336/photo/1

Down to just over 60% ICU bed utilization in Chicago. We are getting there.

I had a lunch meeting at the Gibson's in the Gold Coast yesterday. It felt very strange going out for a meal, but I was appreciative that everyone I saw walking was wearing a mask and the servers were being appropriately cautious.

I think there's an opportunity for a ranking system for restaurants/stores about how seriously they're taking the pandemic. I would be much more likely to frequent a business if I knew that they were limiting the number of people in their store, wearing masks, and ensuring people keep their distance.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »
I would like something like that too.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2020, 08:03:35 PM »
Nineteen deaths reported in Illinois today, fewest since April 2.
While it's been typical since this began for Sunday figures to be lower than the rest of the week, all the key data has been consistently dropping in the state for the past 10 days or so.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #491 on: June 15, 2020, 07:13:43 AM »
Nineteen deaths reported in Illinois today, fewest since April 2.
While it's been typical since this began for Sunday figures to be lower than the rest of the week, all the key data has been consistently dropping in the state for the past 10 days or so.

Very happy about this but concerned we are letting our guard down, particularly in the city.   Seeing people indoors without masks more, protests from before should cause uptick, and seeing more tourists... hope this does not reverse.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #492 on: June 22, 2020, 04:09:24 PM »
We visited Chicago over Memorial Day weekend and were VERY impressed with the commitment to mask-wearing and social distancing we saw on the North Side. My son lives in Lincoln Square, and we also spent quite a bit of time walking around Lakeview and Lincoln Park, and the vast majority of people we encountered were doing as advised.

Just talked with my son yesterday and he said he has been dismayed that is no longer the case. He said when he takes his twin boys for a walk now, most people aren't wearing masks, and establishments that are open have some pretty big crowds with little social distancing. They live right across the street from a Lou Malnatis that can slide open its walls, and he said the gatherings there are as if COVID-19 doesn't even exist.

Have others noticed similar?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #493 on: June 22, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »
I don't see much mask wearing outside, but really I don't know how much that is actually a worry.  I think the lack of a surge from the protests over the last two to three weeks I think shows that outdoor transmission is less likely.

Honestly we don't go out much.  The food store still shows about 2/3 masked.  The couple times we went out to eat, everything is distanced well. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »
I don't see much mask wearing outside, but really I don't know how much that is actually a worry.  I think the lack of a surge from the protests over the last two to three weeks I think shows that outdoor transmission is less likely.

Honestly we don't go out much.  The food store still shows about 2/3 masked.  The couple times we went out to eat, everything is distanced well.

True about the outside stuff, good point. If that means folks are leaving their masks home all together, and not even wearing them when they go inside an establishment, it's more of a problem. I'll ask my son about it next time we chat.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2020, 04:47:02 PM »
Definitely less  mask-wearing outside, though even I will take it off if I don't see people in the blocks ahead.  I haven't even done outdoor dining, so can't comment, though I am pleased with the spacing at the grill near my house.  I did make two trips to the Botanic Garden last week, and most people weren't wearing masks, though my group was. 
I hope we take what is happening in Florida, etc to heart and don't get too complacent, now that we are moving to Stage 4.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #496 on: June 22, 2020, 04:50:32 PM »
We visited Chicago over Memorial Day weekend and were VERY impressed with the commitment to mask-wearing and social distancing we saw on the North Side. My son lives in Lincoln Square, and we also spent quite a bit of time walking around Lakeview and Lincoln Park, and the vast majority of people we encountered were doing as advised.

Just talked with my son yesterday and he said he has been dismayed that is no longer the case. He said when he takes his twin boys for a walk now, most people aren't wearing masks, and establishments that are open have some pretty big crowds with little social distancing. They live right across the street from a Lou Malnatis that can slide open its walls, and he said the gatherings there are as if COVID-19 doesn't even exist.

More than a few of the bars in here in Forest Park have sliding open/garage style fronts and are just letting people sit at the bar with the front open. Unmasked and all. That being said every restaurant I've been had the server wearing a mask and the dining tables distanced. Though I haven't been back in the more dense parts of the city to eat or drink
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #497 on: June 22, 2020, 05:14:23 PM »

I am not in Illinois, but I have definitely seen a decrease in precautions. Mask-wearing at grocery stores has gone from ~80% to I'd guess ~50% and restaurants are now at 75% capacity and some do not even require the waitstaff to wear masks or gloves.

I said this weeks ago, but it seemed to me like we'd have one long rolling wave because the U.S. response was so un-uniform and inconsistent.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #498 on: June 22, 2020, 05:50:21 PM »
I am not in Illinois, but I have definitely seen a decrease in precautions. Mask-wearing at grocery stores has gone from ~80% to I'd guess ~50% and restaurants are now at 75% capacity and some do not even require the waitstaff to wear masks or gloves.

I live just north of Milwaukee, and would say people are pretty good in the grocery stores. I’d estimate 80% or above. I’ve only been to a restaurant once and no masks. Ordered ahead at Kopps and probably wouldn’t do that again. A lot of people packed in and maybe 50% masks at best. Luckily I was in and out.
I said this weeks ago, but it seemed to me like we'd have one long rolling wave because the U.S. response was so un-uniform and inconsistent.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2020, 07:41:32 PM »
Inside grocery stores, Home Depot, etc. is still 100% here in the from what I have seen. I was at Jewel on Clybourn by the good Taco Bell this week and a younger dude was shopping without a mask. An employee walked up with a disposable mask and told him to either put it on or he would have to leave. He put it on.

When I am taking my dog or kid for a walk do we wear masks in the neighborhood, no, but I also will cross the street or maintain social distancing of at least 6'.

Masks are going to be the rule here until 2021 I think so people should probably just get used to it. Personally, I wouldn't be go inside a confined place without one now.
But I like to throw handfuls...