[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Women's Basketball Thread  (Read 135242 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: MU Women's Basketball Thread
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2020, 07:02:43 PM »
UConn Women's Basketball is shutting down for 14 days after a positive COVID-19 test. They will miss their first four games of the season.

https://twitter.com/charlottecrrll/status/1331039215132426240?s=19

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2020, 09:33:17 PM »
UConn Women's Basketball is shutting down for 14 days after a positive COVID-19 test. They will miss their first four games of the season.

https://twitter.com/charlottecrrll/status/1331039215132426240?s=19

Lots of teams canceling games now due to Covid - really wonder if there will end up being any kind of season.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2020, 09:37:29 PM »
Good news/bad news - the first game at North Dakota will be televised which is good but the bad news is it's on Fox Sports Wisconsin :(.  I have YouTubeTV and no longer have that channel.  I guess this is a road game I wouldn't have been at anyway but I still really wish I could see the game...

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2020, 11:42:56 AM »
It appears there's a pretty good chance Marquette's first game at North Dakota on Sunday will be canceled.  North Dakota had a positive test and is not traveling to Chicago for their opening game at Chicago State.  No decision has been made yet about Sunday's game though:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2020/11/24/womens-basketball-und-women-will-not-make-scheduled-season-opening-trip-to-chicago.aspx

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2020, 08:25:48 PM »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2020, 05:44:14 PM »
Season opener is tomorrow at 1P central at North Dakota on FoxSports Wisconsin for those of you lucky enough to have access to that channel.

Season preview from the Journal-Sentinel:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2020/11/27/marquette-womens-basketball-relies-sophomores-big-east/6416559002/

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2020, 05:47:52 PM »
Season opener is tomorrow at 1P central at North Dakota on FoxSports Wisconsin for those of you lucky enough to have access to that channel.

Season preview from the Journal-Sentinel:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2020/11/27/marquette-womens-basketball-relies-sophomores-big-east/6416559002/

One advantage to not cutting the cord:  I have Spectrum in Wisconsin and can watch everything I subscribe to anywhere I go with Roku.
Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »
One advantage to not cutting the cord:  I have Spectrum in Wisconsin and can watch everything I subscribe to anywhere I go with Roku.

Lucky you :).  I have YouTubeTV now so lost this channel recently.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2020, 01:49:48 PM »
I paid $3 on North Dakota's site for this game - was almost just a donation to UND :) but they got their technical difficulties figured out after a bit. 

Marquette has an 8 point halftime lead but let UND go on a 10-3 run to end the half.

10 out of 13 players on the roster have seen action so far.  I'm wondering why sophomore Nirel Lougbo hasn't played yet - not sure if she's available today or not.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2020, 06:27:28 PM »
The final margin was only 8 but it felt like Marquette was in control of this one the whole second half.  They win 90-82 in their first game of the season at North Dakota.  4 starters were in double figures with Camryn Taylor with 17 points and a double-double, Jordan King leading the way with a career high 20 points, LVK had 12 points and Selena Lott added 15 points with 4 3's.  Taylor Valladay had a career high 8 points off the bench. 

Everyone who was available got in the game for Marquette with 10 players scoring.  During the second half of the game broadcast they mentioned Nirel Lougbo was unavailable for the game but no word on why.  Freshman Danyel Middleton was the other MU player not to see action today.

Marquette opens up at home Wednesday at 1P vs. UWM
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 06:29:59 PM by Marquette Fan »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2020, 06:46:30 PM »
Marquette's second game and their home opener is Wed. at 1P as they host UWM.

Online broadcast link:
https://gomarquette.com/watch/?Live=113&type=Live

Live Stats:
https://gomarquette.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Sophomore Nirel Lougbo and freshman Danyel Middleton aren't listed as projected starters or bench players in the game notes.  Neither played at North Dakota and both seem to be unavailable for now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »
Marquette lost to Milwaukee. Went down 30-12 early and couldn't get back in it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
Marquette lost to Milwaukee. Went down 30-12 early and couldn't get back in it.

This is one time I was glad I had to work and couldn't watch this game.  It sounds like it was pretty ugly for MU.

I did read a tweet after the game that they are looking to get Nirel Lougbo back soon.  That's not to say she would have made the difference today but I'd been curious about her not playing so far as she got a decent amount of PT last year.

Quick turnaround as they host Providence in their conference opener Friday at 2PM.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2020, 01:07:24 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »
BIG EAST Announces FloSports Agreement
https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/12/3/general-big-east-announces-flosports-agreement.aspx

And it looks like I may not get to see Marquette play this year :(.  I just don't think I can justify the cost of this subscription. 

I think it sucks to announced this one day before the first league game and it is not so great to switch to subscription broadcasts in a year when fans can't attend most games.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »
Agreed, I can't see paying that. You'd think they would have something set up for existing Season Ticket Holders.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2020, 07:59:08 PM »
Agreed, I can't see paying that. You'd think they would have something set up for existing Season Ticket Holders.

We can't go to the games and now we can't see them either :(.  The subscription cost is more than my season tickets cost.

At least the Belmont game on 12/13 is on ESPN+ - there's one game I'll be able to see.

And they haven't even announced the whole schedule - how would I know what I was really signing up for with only 4 games announced so far?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2020, 06:46:23 PM »
Marquette bounced back in a big way today winning easily 89-40 over Providence to win their Big East opener.  They shot 50% from the field and LVK had 17, King 18 and Lott 18 also. 

Marquette has lost a game to Covid - Prairie View A&M canceled their game at MU on 12/11 due to Covid.  Someone tweeted out that it was mentioned on today's broadcast that Marquette was looking for a game to replace that one.  I think they should try to get a game with Wisconsin - they also lost a game against Prairie View A&M on Tuesday.  The two haven't played each other in awhile and were actually supposed to this season before Covid forced schedule changes.  I'm guessing it's not real likely to happen but I would have loved to have seen it...

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »
Marquette picked up another game to replace their game for Friday that was canceled due to Covid - they will play at Cincinnati at 1P central on Thursday - https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/12/7/womens-basketball-hosts-marquette-thursday-at-2-pm.aspx

The game will be on ESPN+

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2020, 10:23:46 PM »
Seton Hall Coach Tony Bozella is out indefinitely due to Covid-19.  He is in the hospital right now.  Hoping he makes a full recovery.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2020/12/08/seton-hall-womens-basketball-coach-tony-bozzella-out-covid-19/6489025002/

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2020, 08:52:51 AM »
Marquette has their last non-conference game today at 2P central at Belmont - the game is available on ESPN+

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:38 PM »
Marquette has their last non-conference game today at 2P central at Belmont - the game is available on ESPN+

Haven't had a chance to watch the whole game yet, but MU won 64-61, as a Belmont 3 pointer rimmed out at the buzzer.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »
Haven't had a chance to watch the whole game yet, but MU won 64-61, as a Belmont 3 pointer rimmed out at the buzzer.

I saw most of it and it was just a tad frustrating :).  They are really lucky to have beaten Belmont for the 2nd year in a row.  25 turnovers today - yikes!  But a win is a win and I'll take it :).

Next game is their 2nd Big East game at home versus St. John's on 12/16.

I'm wondering when the BE will be announcing the rest of the schedule - still only the first 4 games announced through 12/22.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2020, 08:33:21 PM »
Congratulations to Selena Lott who picked up her 2nd career Big East Player of the Week honors today:

https://gomarquette.com/news/2020/12/14/womens-basketball-selena-lott-named-big-east-player-of-the-week.aspx

I see the Big East announced the rest of their Men's Basketball schedule today - I'm hoping they'll do the same for Women's Basketball soon.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2020, 09:43:26 AM »
Today's game at Seton Hall was canceled due to a Covid case at Seton Hall - that's the second shut down during this season due to Covid for Seton Hall.

The rest of the Big East schedule was finally announced yesterday and Marquette gets to play UCONN back to back right after Christmas - oh joy :).  But no more travel partners at least so that means no crazy trips between Omaha and Providence with a very short turnaround between games.

https://gomarquette.com/news/2020/12/18/big-east-announces-complete-womens-basketball-schedule.aspx

Marquette also announced they aren't allowing fans at the Al until further notice.  I'm expecting there to be no fans allowed for the rest of the season.

They allowed season ticket holders the chance to do videos announcing starters - just sent in a video of my daughter announcing Selena Lott.  I won't get to see it of course but it was fun for her to do.

feedback