collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Womens Soccer Championship.  (Read 64703 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Womens Soccer Championship.
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2019, 03:32:04 PM »
Doing a lot for me. I’d be up for it
we get it, stalker.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2019, 03:34:23 PM »
Add it to your list.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
Flow of the game made that somewhat inevitable.   Buckle up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2019, 03:41:00 PM »
Are we in agreement that the US was robbed of third goal. Didn't see an offside

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »
Are we in agreement that the US was robbed of third goal. Didn't see an offside

I'm somewhat clueless about the rules of VAR, but was that not reviewable?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2019, 03:53:49 PM »
Nice.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2019, 03:54:27 PM »
Whew

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »
You know you got cooked again implying I used a phrase because a certain “someone does” (your words)....but I have said it for years.  Once again your theory wrong in your hope to push a narrative.  Glad you are in full denial with the evidence for all to see. 

God Bless Mike.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Could you be more of a snowflake?  Good thing our women’s soccer team has more guts than you do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »
Thought the D was solid all afternoon.  Seems like they played to the scouting report perfectly.  France is darn good but the Americans are better.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2019, 04:24:05 PM »
Thought the D was solid all afternoon.  Seems like they played to the scouting report perfectly.  France is darn good but the Americans are better.

The D was excellent. The offense took advantage of the opportunities they did create, and frankly the Dunn play looked onside.

So by FIFA rankings, USA just beat #4 in the world. Up next, #3 England, with #2 Germany potentially in the Final. Talk about a gauntlet.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »
So by FIFA rankings, USA just beat #4 in the world. Up next, #3 England, with #2 Germany potentially in the Final. Talk about a gauntlet.

Fantastic.  As it should be.  Bring it home, ladies!
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2019, 04:49:03 PM »
The D was excellent. The offense took advantage of the opportunities they did create, and frankly the Dunn play looked onside.

If it's Germany in the finals I like the USA's odds considering previous success in battles against them on French soil.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2019, 05:36:24 PM »
You know you got cooked again implying I used a phrase because a certain “someone does” (your words)....but I have said it for years.  Once again your theory wrong in your hope to push a narrative.  Glad you are in full denial with the evidence for all to see. 

God Bless Mike.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Both goals in a 2-1 win over France ... my girl Rapinoe is a true American hero!

May science, facts and reason lead you to a more satisfying life, chicos ... and Happy Paul Bunyan Day!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »
I'll start this with a "please don't lock this mods"

As far as the game, they won't make the headlines, but the work that the midfield put in won us this game.  No question about it.  I would give M(W)OTM to Ertz hands down (although Mewis, Lavelle, and Horan could get an honorable mention).  As much as Rapinoe will get the headlines, the ball from Morgan to Heath, and the dummy from Mewis, that set up that second, which really took the wind out of France's sails, was the moment of he match (France had all the MO, and was most def. against the run of play).  All-in-all, a much better game from the US going up against (I don't care what the FIFA rankings say) the 2nd best team in the world. I don't want to jinx it, but I think there's a good chance we roll in both the semis and final.

edit: potential third didn't look off to my (admittedly biased) eyes, but not sure why VAR didn't even take a look.  Didn't matter in the end but...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:29:20 PM by Its DJOver »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2019, 10:51:59 PM »
Confess I'm not much of a soccer fan but I was glued to the TV set this afternoon. Great fun!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2019, 12:00:40 AM »
She’s a great player, one you had never heard of 10 days ago and one that didn’t send a tingle up your leg until a few days ago.  Anyone that follows soccer knows she is a great player....that wasn’t the point.  You went ape shat last week at a post I made, but when you actually do what you accused me of it’s all fine and dandy.  An epic hypocrite.

Merry Christmas

Happy Science & Facts.

Go Rapinoe!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2019, 07:13:12 AM »
Balderdash.  Anyone who has watched the women's world cup or the women's Olympic soccer over the last 10 years knows who she is.  In other words, the casual fan.  Sports Illustrated wrote an in depth article about her in their preview issue.  She was even in the swimsuit issue.   She has been one of the faces of the team for a decade.

And it is pure, unadulterated hypocrisy for you to criticize someone else for slipping a political remark into a thread.   
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 07:49:59 AM by tower912 »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2019, 09:46:08 AM »
Happy Science & Facts. May the embrace of them finally give you some peace and intellectually honesty in your life.

Come on Mike, you're better than this...

D yesterday was sublime.  Sauerbrunn feels like Christie Rampone 2.0 in that she gets better positionally, wiser, and savvier with age and will be around for at least one more WC.  Dahlkemper has been fantastic moving into Ertz's old spot, O'Hara is a rock, and Dunn is everything the USMNT hoped Yedlin would be with her range and overlapping runs.

I stand by everything I said about Rapinoe against Spain, but she was really good yesterday.  Positioning, poise on the ball, confidence, just a different player all together.  Also, FANTASTIC set piece design on the first.  Ertz's run across to create confusion and then her flying dummy to distract was brilliant.  Heath was sensational on her flank. 

France actually outplayed the US for major stretches of the match, but the D and midfield were just too good to let up yesterday.  England is tough, but they've seen nothing like the quality of the US so far.  Dogged but undertalented Scotland team, Norway team without their star, a lacking in quality Cameroon squad.  England might get blistered early.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2019, 10:03:35 AM »
JW ... It's fun for awhile sparring with irritants, but after a while I do get tired of chicos arguing for the sake of arguing.

Fun for you....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »
Now, does England have any hotties?

Hey everyone, look how totally, 100 percent t completely hetero I am.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2019, 08:14:18 PM »
  "my girl Rapinoe is a true American hero!"

come on mikey, she's a good soccer player, but let's not water down "hero" and/or all the other adjectives.  i'm not going to get into what defines one as such, however,  let's not lower the bar.  she may be in your mind and that's ok, but it must be prefaced as such 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
  "my girl Rapinoe is a true American hero!"

come on mikey, she's a good soccer player, but let's not water down "hero" and/or all the other adjectives.  i'm not going to get into what defines one as such, however,  let's not lower the bar.  she may be in your mind and that's ok, but it must be prefaced as such

If she beats the brits she's done the same as all our founding fathers! Jk

but seriously excited for the next match. Talking a lot of trash with my cousins.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
Alex Morgan’s Birthday tomorrow Jay Bee
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
Alex Morgan’s Birthday tomorrow Jay Bee

Time to spank it!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2019, 08:14:08 PM »
I'll start this with a "please don't lock this mods"

As far as the game, they won't make the headlines, but the work that the midfield put in won us this game.  No question about it.  I would give M(W)OTM to Ertz hands down (although Mewis, Lavelle, and Horan could get an honorable mention).  As much as Rapinoe will get the headlines, the ball from Morgan to Heath, and the dummy from Mewis, that set up that second, which really took the wind out of France's sails, was the moment of he match (France had all the MO, and was most def. against the run of play).  All-in-all, a much better game from the US going up against (I don't care what the FIFA rankings say) the 2nd best team in the world. I don't want to jinx it, but I think there's a good chance we roll in both the semis and final.

edit: potential third didn't look off to my (admittedly biased) eyes, but not sure why VAR didn't even take a look.  Didn't matter in the end but...

A quick brag. I know Lindsey. Work with her mom for many years now.  She is a great person. First US women's soccer player to skip college and play professionally in Europe right out of high school.