collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Womens Soccer Championship.  (Read 64521 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Womens Soccer Championship.
« Reply #576 on: August 05, 2019, 08:55:31 PM »
This already has been debunked.
Try to keep up.

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2019/7/30/20747081/uswnt-equal-pay-lawsuit-us-soccer-carlos-cordeiro-letter

boy, that didn't take long...both articles came out on the same day

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2019, 09:01:41 PM »
you you you, you misogynist you,  you you

Well, that's certainly one explanation for someone being strongly opposed to men and women being paid equitably.
For the USSF, it's simply a business matter. They want to pay as little as they can get away with.
I suspect some are just surly that some of the USWNT members won't (gasp!) shut up and stick to sports.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
So, what you're saying is that the USWNT outdraws the USMNT (for a meaningless exhibition game, no less) in games that don't include Mexico as an opponent.
This helps your argument how?

Nice try.  Women just won the World Cup, they are adored and heroes to thoughts and prayers Mike, and 37k showed up with tickets given away to some and on average only $40.

If the men won the World Cup, do you think their first event after would raw 37k regardless if the game was meaningless and the tickets only $40?  Is that your argument?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #579 on: August 05, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »
You sure about that?
According to the the Society for American Soccer History, the last five games at the Rose Bowl were:
10/10/15 vs Mexico, 93,723
6/25/11 vs Mexico. 93,420
2/2/02 vs Costa Rica, 14,432
1/27/02 vs El Salvador, 31,628
1/19/02 vs Cuba, 31,244

http://www.ussoccerhistory.org/

My error, the last five games at the Rose Bowl sold out...I went to three of them....not all involved the US men’s team.  Some involved LA Galaxy and European powers....again, because men’s soccer is just fundamentally more popular by huge factors....which is why they get paid more....which is why this argument remains ridiculous.  But yes, I said US men’s team at Rose Bowl, and that was not correct.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #580 on: August 05, 2019, 11:19:25 PM »
My error, the last five games at the Rose Bowl sold out...I went to three of them....not all involved the US men’s team.  Some involved LA Galaxy and European powers....again, because men’s soccer is just fundamentally more popular by huge factors....which is why they get paid more....which is why this argument remains ridiculous.  But yes, I said US men’s team at Rose Bowl, and that was not correct.

Got it. Because Manchester United and FC Barcelona is are more popular than the Orlando Pride and Chicago Red Stars, the USMNT deserves to be paid more than the USWNT ... regardless of how much revenue the national teams produce.
That's some iron-clad logic there.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:31:53 PM by Pakuni »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #581 on: August 05, 2019, 11:27:09 PM »
Thoughts and prayers for chicos' logic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #582 on: August 06, 2019, 07:55:38 AM »

You're making the assumption it ever existed in the first place.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #583 on: August 06, 2019, 10:09:13 PM »
Thoughts and prayers from the atheist that doesn’t care about millions of innocents lost each year but like clockwork comes out on this stuff.....logic you were saying?  What logic do you have?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:27:49 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #584 on: August 06, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »
Got it. Because Manchester United and FC Barcelona is are more popular than the Orlando Pride and Chicago Red Stars, the USMNT deserves to be paid more than the USWNT ... regardless of how much revenue the national teams produce.
That's some iron-clad logic there.

Women’s team won world title and drew 37k the other day with local entities giving away tickets for free begging people to go.

Not logic, just actual facts. 

Thanks

MU82

• All American
« Reply #585 on: August 06, 2019, 10:31:44 PM »
Thoughts and prayers from the atheist that doesn’t care about millions of innocents lost each year but like clockwork comes out on this stuff.....logic you were saying?  What logic do you have?

Logic? I could go into the many ways you twist your "all life is precious" rhetoric to not include millions whose lives you don't give two chits about, but I don't want to bore our fellow Scoopers.

Otherwise, obviously you missed my point -- thoughts and prayers after every shooting mean about as much as thoughts and prayers from an atheist about anything.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #586 on: August 06, 2019, 10:34:14 PM »
Logic? I could go into the many ways you twist your "all life is precious" rhetoric to not include millions whose lives you don't give two chits about, but I don't want to bore our fellow Scoopers.

Otherwise, obviously you missed my point -- thoughts and prayers after every shooting mean about as much as thoughts and prayers from an atheist about anything.

Your thoughts and prayers truly don’t mean crap.  Real thoughts and prayers from people who care and believe in them....do.  That’s the difference.

Have a blessed evening

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #587 on: August 07, 2019, 06:30:33 AM »
Your thoughts and prayers truly don’t mean crap.  Real thoughts and prayers from people who care and believe in them....do.  That’s the difference.

Have a blessed evening
Tell that to the people who are preparing to bury their loved ones.  Or did you forget to pray for no mass shootings the day they happened? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #588 on: August 07, 2019, 08:01:18 AM »
You try to be a fact-based guy, chicos. If you can provide scientific evidence that "thoughts and prayers" solved anything ever, I will tell everybody I see Merry Christmas this Dec. 25.

P.S. Neither the bible nor a world leader mandating that Merry Christmas be said qualify as scientific evidence.

Meanwhile ...

How 'bout that Rapinoe and the rest of our great USWNT!

Interesting kinda-related story:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/456467-montana-man-charged-for-assaulting-13-year-old-who-was-allegedly

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #589 on: August 07, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »
Tell that to the people who are preparing to bury their loved ones.  Or did you forget to pray for no mass shootings the day they happened?

Tell that to the over 2000 Americans killed by people not legally allowed to be here in the last two years.  Ahh, logic again.

Your logic is if we only banned these things these people would be alive, yet if we also enforced our laws those 2000 Americans would also be alive because they couldn’t be killed by someone that isn’t here.  But alas not a peep for those kids, moms, dads, etc, who lost their lives.  So telling who’s life matters and by whom it was extinguished.  So telling how we care about some innocent lives lost, bit don’t give a rip when others are lost.  So telling.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #590 on: August 07, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
You try to be a fact-based guy, chicos. If you can provide scientific evidence that "thoughts and prayers" solved anything ever, I will tell everybody I see Merry Christmas this Dec. 25.

P.S. Neither the bible nor a world leader mandating that Merry Christmas be said qualify as scientific evidence.

Meanwhile ...

How 'bout that Rapinoe and the rest of our great USWNT!

Interesting kinda-related story:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/456467-montana-man-charged-for-assaulting-13-year-old-who-was-allegedly

Faith is a powerful thing that is unprovable.  That’s fine. But since you don’t believe and mock those of us that do, aren’t you being an intolerant prick in the process?  You know that answer, but your hypocrisy won’t allow you to publicly admit it.

Have a blessed day.  I’ll pray for you.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:57:41 AM by Cheeks »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #591 on: August 07, 2019, 08:53:53 AM »

Try sum ExLax, Nads. U'll feel sew much bedder, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #592 on: August 07, 2019, 08:59:09 AM »
82 hasn't hit his quota on thread lockdowns today yet?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #593 on: August 07, 2019, 09:03:00 AM »
Women’s team won world title and drew 37k the other day with local entities giving away tickets for free begging people to go.

Not logic, just actual facts. 

Thanks

Women's team made more money since 2015 than the men.
Despite this, Cheeks believes they still deserve to be paid less ... apparently because a) they're women and b) professional men's soccer teams from other countries are popular.
These are the facts, and they defy logic.

And seriously, why must you insert your politics into every thread? Literally nobody here cares about your views on immigration.

feedback