collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Nukem2
[Today at 03:16:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Womens Soccer Championship.  (Read 64631 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Womens Soccer Championship.
« Reply #550 on: July 31, 2019, 10:27:27 AM »
Nope, but athletes and celebs can get paid to do endorsements as professionals.  Nothing false or stupid about it at all, just reality of sports and celebrity advertising that happens every day in this world.

You do not pay his primary salary. Your pathetic attempt at a comparison is completely invalid. False? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Just stop.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #551 on: July 31, 2019, 10:32:28 AM »
Nobody is having an "equal pay" debate over club compensation, though.
The issue is over national team compensation, and the ham-fisted attempts by the USSF to roll club compensation into national team compensation.

The question is whether or not it's fair to include the NWSL costs.  If the USSF said that they would pay the USWNT exactly the same as the USMNT, but pulled financial support for the NLSW, it would fold within 18 months. That's not what the members of the USWNT want.  They want better USWNT pay with continued NWSL support, and because of that the increase in USWNT pay will be less than they want.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #552 on: July 31, 2019, 01:21:23 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2019, 09:48:04 PM »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:59 PM »
You do not pay his primary salary. Your pathetic attempt at a comparison is completely invalid. False? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Just stop.

That again, wasn’t the point.  The USWNT is paid to do many things, including play for the NWSL...so it should count.  If I hire. Mahomes, Manning, Prescott, Luck, Donald, whomever, to do a commercial, I’m paying them that AND to do other things....same as the ladies are paid to do other things.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2019, 09:51:41 PM »
Nobody is having an "equal pay" debate over club compensation, though.
The issue is over national team compensation, and the ham-fisted attempts by the USSF to roll club compensation into national team compensation.

Ham fisted....more like economic reality.  But by all means, dissolve the NWSL and let the ladies compete like the dudes do when not on the USMNT....see how that works out. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #556 on: July 31, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
There are professional women's leagues in Europe.

Go for it....sounds ideal.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2019, 06:33:46 AM »
When you have to post four times in a row, you've lost the thread and gone full Chicos.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »
When you have to post four times in a row, you've lost the thread and gone full Chicos.

He forgot to log out and on of his other personas.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »
I was out having a beer with a couple of friends last night. One of them is the biggest Panthers/NFL fan I know.

He took a quick look at his phone, said, "Yes!" and then handed it to one of the other guys. He had just gotten word that the USWNT would be playing S. Korea in Charlotte in October as part of their "World Victory Tour," and he and one of my other NFL-loving buddies spent the next 15 minutes looking up ticket information.

I won't go because I don't like soccer, but it was interesting seeing this reaction from two huge Panthers fans who obviously do like soccer and love this USWNT.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2019, 10:52:58 AM »
I was out having a beer with a couple of friends last night. One of them is the biggest Panthers/NFL fan I know.

He took a quick look at his phone, said, "Yes!" and then handed it to one of the other guys. He had just gotten word that the USWNT would be playing S. Korea in Charlotte in October as part of their "World Victory Tour," and he and one of my other NFL-loving buddies spent the next 15 minutes looking up ticket information.

I won't go because I don't like soccer, but it was interesting seeing this reaction from two huge Panthers fans who obviously do like soccer and love this USWNT.

Hang the USWNT yard lights!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
Hang the USWNT yard lights!

Made me chuckle.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #562 on: August 03, 2019, 01:39:46 PM »

Tickets here in 2 days are only $40 and a ton of them on sale. The men's team's last 5 games here sold out the Rose Bowl.  Sure hope Charlotte sells out, not surprised Panther fans would be looking to cheer on a champion for once.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #563 on: August 03, 2019, 01:40:19 PM »

I am courteous and take the time to respond to each ridiculous comment from you and others. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #564 on: August 05, 2019, 09:13:37 AM »
I am courteous and take the time to respond to each ridiculous comment from you and others.

And you completely missed the point. I'll try again to help. When you've lost the thread, when it gets away and moves on from your ability to keep up, it's okay to let things go, to not respond to each comment. You're not doing anyone a courtesy by refusing to let things go.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #565 on: August 05, 2019, 09:58:58 AM »
Tickets here in 2 days are only $40 and a ton of them on sale. The men's team's last 5 games here sold out the Rose Bowl.  Sure hope Charlotte sells out, not surprised Panther fans would be looking to cheer on a champion for once.

How many of those were against Mexico with 70k Mexican fans?

The USMNT couldn’t sell out their Gold Cup or COPA games.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #566 on: August 05, 2019, 11:01:48 AM »

You sure about that?
According to the the Society for American Soccer History, the last five games at the Rose Bowl were:
10/10/15 vs Mexico, 93,723
6/25/11 vs Mexico. 93,420
2/2/02 vs Costa Rica, 14,432
1/27/02 vs El Salvador, 31,628
1/19/02 vs Cuba, 31,244

http://www.ussoccerhistory.org/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:18:15 AM by Pakuni »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #567 on: August 05, 2019, 11:15:20 AM »
You sure about that?
According to the the Society for American Soccer History, the last five games at the Rose Bowl were:
1/27/02 vs El Salvado, 31,628
1/19/02 vs Cuba, 31,244

I'd also guess that the reason they sold out wasn't because of the USMNT, but rather their opponents

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #568 on: August 05, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
I'd also guess that the reason they sold out wasn't because of the USMNT, but rather their opponents

Are you suggesting there might be a large presence of El Tri fans in the greater Los Angeles area?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #569 on: August 05, 2019, 12:12:23 PM »
How many of those were against Mexico with 70k Mexican fans?

The USMNT couldn’t sell out their Gold Cup or COPA games.

Many are from the opposing team, no doubt....which again goes to the argument that the men’s game has many countries that are good and people want to see, not the case with the women’s game.  The ticket prices are also much much much higher.

The women drew 37K on Saturday, this AFTER coming off a World Cup title.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:20:31 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #570 on: August 05, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
And you completely missed the point. I'll try again to help. When you've lost the thread, when it gets away and moves on from your ability to keep up, it's okay to let things go, to not respond to each comment. You're not doing anyone a courtesy by refusing to let things go.

You mean like you are doing with this post?  Lol

MU82

• All American
« Reply #571 on: August 05, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »
You sure about that?
1/27/02 vs El Salvador, 31,628
1/19/02 vs Cuba, 31,244

Wait ... are you claiming that chicos fibbed to make a point?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #572 on: August 05, 2019, 02:40:15 PM »
Many are from the opposing team, no doubt....which again goes to the argument that the men’s game has many countries that are good and people want to see, not the case with the women’s game.  The ticket prices are also much much much higher.

The women drew 37K on Saturday, this AFTER coming off a World Cup title.

So, what you're saying is that the USWNT outdraws the USMNT (for a meaningless exhibition game, no less) in games that don't include Mexico as an opponent.
This helps your argument how?

Jay Bee

• All American
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.