[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 187416 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #900 on: November 12, 2019, 06:57:55 PM »
Wtf. “Milk” autocorrected to “kill”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #901 on: November 12, 2019, 06:59:02 PM »
Your auto correct knows the inclination of its master. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #902 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:00 AM »
One day, a woman will fall for your #LIES, and you may be blessed with a child. A mother needs all the help she can get. Paternity leave is a great idea, and more companies should offer it.

I suggest you “get” yourself to a chiropractor so you can look up at everything that’s flying over your head.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #903 on: November 13, 2019, 08:20:17 AM »
Paternity leave

What's there not to get? Paternity leave is good for the father, good for the kid, good for the mother(who already has to do too much simply because life at fair) and is good for the mother's career. There are multiple studies out now showing that the majority of the gender pay gap is actually due to a child penalty that women pay because of their maternity leave.

Honestly, I don't think paternity leave at most companies goes far enough.....whatever time the woman is off a man should be forced to take the equivalent. Only way you are going to start to correct the in balance.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #904 on: November 13, 2019, 09:10:44 AM »
What's there not to get? Paternity leave is good for the father, good for the kid, good for the mother(who already has to do too much simply because life at fair) and is good for the mother's career. There are multiple studies out now showing that the majority of the gender pay gap is actually due to a child penalty that women pay because of their maternity leave.

Honestly, I don't think paternity leave at most companies goes far enough.....whatever time the woman is off a man should be forced to take the equivalent. Only way you are going to start to correct the in balance.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #905 on: November 13, 2019, 01:32:02 PM »

I really hate to explain the joke, but Jay Bee doesn't get paternity leave because you don't get paternity leave when an unknown 14 year-old kid shows up at your door with a DNA report saying you're the father.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #906 on: November 13, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »
Going on another team's board and discussing why a recruit should pick your program over theirs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #907 on: November 13, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
I really hate to explain the joke, but Jay Bee doesn't get paternity leave because you don't get paternity leave when an unknown 14 year-old kid shows up at your door with a DNA report saying you're the father.

So, free throw protection mattas?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #908 on: November 13, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »
Have to admit, I was not well versed in Jay Bee's paternity status so I guess I missed something huh?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #909 on: November 13, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »
Have to admit, I was not well versed in Jay Bee's paternity status so I guess I missed something huh?

You might say that....you didn't get something

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #910 on: November 13, 2019, 05:22:58 PM »

With or without Maury?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #911 on: November 14, 2019, 09:35:35 AM »
With or without Maury?

Given that there's a limit of six appearances on Maury, it's without from now on.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »
Given that there's a limit of six appearances on Maury, it's without from now on.

What?  6 times?

How is the fat white chick that was sleeping with 8 desperate-ass, skinny black dudes at the same time (no gang bang)find out how the father is after she drags 6 dudes to the shoe and they are all NOT THE FATHER?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #913 on: November 14, 2019, 05:06:44 PM »

Ok, well, I don't get this.   You want to force people to take time away from work, when they are ready, willing and able to go to work?  I don't get that.  So much for freedom eh?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #914 on: November 14, 2019, 07:58:01 PM »
Ok, well, I don't get this.   You want to force people to take time away from work, when they are ready, willing and able to go to work?  I don't get that.  So much for freedom eh?

The 'forced' comment was absolutely bizarre. I worry for much of America.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2019, 08:11:16 PM »
The 'forced' comment was absolutely bizarre. I worry for much of America.

Yep - the idea that a worker should be "forced" to take any (let alone "more") paternity (or maternity) leave should only be embraced in totalitarian states.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2019, 10:24:12 PM »
is it paternity or maternity when a transgendered adopts?  do you need the designated go to female ans he/she get's the maternity leave while the other one, the maleness of the relation would look awfully self absorbed if she/he did support her/he's he/she
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:23 PM »
is it paternity or maternity when a transgendered adopts?  do you need the designated go to female ans he/she get's the maternity leave while the other one, the maleness of the relation would look awfully self absorbed if she/he did support her/he's he/she

I’m trans-child where I feel like I have a newborn. Accordingly, I additional benefits

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
Paternity leave works best when it’s a “use it or lose it” deal... it’s not transferable, and it can’t be cashed out.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #919 on: November 14, 2019, 11:06:44 PM »
The company I worked for at the time started giving a week of paternity leave the very year I became a dad. It was very nice to be able to join my wife in taking care of our daughter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #920 on: November 15, 2019, 08:44:12 AM »
I get 8 weeks. Paid 100%. It was a big part of why I chose to work for this company

The free market in the USA is starting to catch up to practices in the rest of the world. More and more companies are adding this benefit. It is a good development, I think.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #921 on: November 15, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »
I get 8 weeks. Paid 100%. It was a big part of why I chose to work for this company

The free market in the USA is starting to catch up to practices in the rest of the world. More and more companies are adding this benefit. It is a good development, I think.

Agreed.

If it actually was a main reason why you chose to work for your company, then the benefit had its desired effect.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #922 on: November 15, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »

Except it is also causing enormous strain in some areas and other employees in some cases.  One of our departments currently has 1/2 of their 16 member team out for maternity / paternity.  The 8 folks remaining are so slammed that one resigned earlier this week.  There’s always the other side of the coin and unintended consequences.  People trying to be supportive of their colleagues, but also knowing how effected they are.  The older employees who never got that kind of time off, you can bet there is some resentment...you can hear it in their remarks.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #923 on: November 15, 2019, 09:56:10 AM »
Except it is also causing enormous strain in some areas and other employees in some cases.  One of our departments currently has 1/2 of their 16 member team out for maternity / paternity.  The 8 folks remaining are so slammed that one resigned earlier this week.  There’s always the other side of the coin and unintended consequences.  People trying to be supportive of their colleagues, but also knowing how effected they are.  The older employees who never got that kind of time off, you can bet there is some resentment...you can hear it in their remarks.

My prediction is that if they make paid parental leave mandatory by federal law, you are going to start seeing an uptick in hiring discrimination involving people of childbearing age. There will be plenty of employers who, having a choice between two candidates, one being a 40-year-single man and a 28-year-old married woman, will pick the former on the parental leave issue alone.
Have some patience, FFS.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #924 on: November 15, 2019, 10:11:32 AM »

Then hire more workers. It's not rocket science. Temps / Intern / Admins.

As for resentment from older employees - don't like - find another place to work.

I mean I don't get a pension like some of my coworkers who have been working longer than I have but I get over it.

ABI moved to 8 wks 2 years ago and it's kept a lot of people. It's becoming a more essential part of a package to recruit with.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 11:57:26 AM by Chili »
But I like to throw handfuls...