[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 185638 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #1350 on: July 25, 2020, 11:03:47 AM »
Yeah Bud products our demonstrably bad......I have yet to understand why ketchup on a hot dog is bad for anything other than "reasons". I mean if someone doesn't want to put ketchup on a hot dog that's cool with me but I don't get why I'm the devil for liking ketchup on a hot dog.

I personally think it's gross because of the amount of sugar in ketchup. Nothing to do with city pride unless someone specifically orders a Chicago style then adds ketchup lol. But that being said you do you.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1351 on: July 25, 2020, 11:41:01 AM »
I personally think it's gross because of the amount of sugar in ketchup
I'm a lot more worried about the amount of not-meat that is in the hot dog.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: July 25, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
I personally think it's gross because of the amount of sugar in ketchup. Nothing to do with city pride unless someone specifically orders a Chicago style then adds ketchup lol. But that being said you do you.

Get the ketchup without the HFC.  It is miles better.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1353 on: July 25, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »
Any y'all no if dis wuz Nads. He seemed a bit heated lately, hey?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/northwest/news/germantown/2020/07/24/aau-basketball-fight-germantown-two-coaches-taken-hospital/5500722002/

Meh ... I already sicced Ners on both those coaches. He posterized all their players.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: July 25, 2020, 02:23:17 PM »
Get the ketchup without the HFC.  It is miles better.

In Ireland I love the ketchup, more vinegary and no HFC. Haven't tried it in the states I'll give it a shot.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1355 on: July 26, 2020, 01:51:33 AM »
I don't get why some people care so much about what other people put on their hot dogs.

Agreed. In NYC I’d frequently hit up Grey’s Papaya and put ketchup and spicy brown mustard in my hot dogs l
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: July 26, 2020, 10:14:30 AM »
This oughta blow up this thread

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: July 26, 2020, 02:48:31 PM »
This oughta blow up this thread

but is it a sandwich?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1358 on: July 26, 2020, 02:56:04 PM »
You can put anything you want on your hot dog.    I have seen syrup, peanut butter, mushrooms...whatever floats your boat.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: July 26, 2020, 03:26:36 PM »
You can put anything you want on your hot dog.    I have seen syrup, peanut butter, mushrooms...whatever floats your boat.

When I was a small child, I put nothing on my hot dog. Ate it plain. No particular reason why. Then one day by accident, someone gave me a hot dog w/condiments on it, mostly mustard, ketchup. And then I began to eat hot dogs sometimes plain, sometimes w/different condiments. My mom made a great sazitza. (Thiugh her Lasagna and chocolate chip cookies and two layer chocolate cakes were the best) I later would eat bratwurst here and there. Secret stadium sauce in Milwaukee, sure, whatever. I never really considered it a sandwich but if some people want to call it that, sounds good, don't care either way. I don't eat red meat often these days, once in a while, mostly chicken and fish.

I 'll even eat a traditional Chicago style hot dog. I will also eat deep dish pizza, though I probably prefer tavern style to that, and perhaps a Pequod's and others to a Lou Malnati's. But my favorite pizza style is an NYC style pizza, though I will enjoy Connecticut style, Neopolitan style, Jersey style, Detroit, St. Louis, and other styles of pizza too. I'll even eat a frozen pizza once in a while, though it doesn't happen as often as the Tombstone Hall Store Pizza at MU Rah Rah. It is pizza after all.

When I was a kid I drank Kool-Aid. It was refreshing. Later a sip of my mom's diet soda, later my own regular sods, later diet soda, and eventually, no soda. (Water only these days) 

People drink and eat different things, and, sometimes it even changes over time. All good. Like what you like. Try new things. Have fun.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1360 on: July 26, 2020, 07:46:25 PM »
but is it a sandwich?

I say no. But it is one of my favorite debates
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: July 27, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »
When I was a small child, I put nothing on my hot dog. Ate it plain. No particular reason why. Then one day by accident, someone gave me a hot dog w/condiments on it, mostly mustard, ketchup. And then I began to eat hot dogs sometimes plain, sometimes w/different condiments. My mom made a great sazitza. (Thiugh her Lasagna and chocolate chip cookies and two layer chocolate cakes were the best) I later would eat bratwurst here and there. Secret stadium sauce in Milwaukee, sure, whatever. I never really considered it a sandwich but if some people want to call it that, sounds good, don't care either way. I don't eat red meat often these days, once in a while, mostly chicken and fish.

I 'll even eat a traditional Chicago style hot dog. I will also eat deep dish pizza, though I probably prefer tavern style to that, and perhaps a Pequod's and others to a Lou Malnati's. But my favorite pizza style is an NYC style pizza, though I will enjoy Connecticut style, Neopolitan style, Jersey style, Detroit, St. Louis, and other styles of pizza too. I'll even eat a frozen pizza once in a while, though it doesn't happen as often as the Tombstone Hall Store Pizza at MU Rah Rah. It is pizza after all.

When I was a kid I drank Kool-Aid. It was refreshing. Later a sip of my mom's diet soda, later my own regular sods, later diet soda, and eventually, no soda. (Water only these days) 

People drink and eat different things, and, sometimes it even changes over time. All good. Like what you like. Try new things. Have fun.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1362 on: July 27, 2020, 08:58:34 AM »

Yep. Several great choices in New Haven. The people are spoiled. Difficult to choose one fav, maybe Modern, I don't want to leave some others out. I'm definitely not just an old school Frank Pepe vs Sally's crowd, though I enjoy those places too. You can't really go wrong here.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:00:24 AM by shoothoops »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: July 27, 2020, 11:46:05 AM »
Yep. Several great choices in New Haven. The people are spoiled. Difficult to choose one fav, maybe Modern, I don't want to leave some others out. I'm definitely not just an old school Frank Pepe vs Sally's crowd, though I enjoy those places too. You can't really go wrong here.

I'm a Pepe's person.
Post-Marquette I lived a block away from Modern and got take-out from there every Friday night.
Get pizza from The Bar in DT New Haven quite frequently as well as Roseland in Derby, CT.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: July 27, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »
I'm a Pepe's person.
Post-Marquette I lived a block away from Modern and got take-out from there every Friday night.
Get pizza from The Bar in DT New Haven quite frequently as well as Roseland in Derby, CT.

Here is my ranking.

Modern
Sally's
Bar
Zuppardi's
Pepe's

To put it in context, I would put Pepe's above any of my favorite pizza joints from Chicago or most other places i have lived.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: July 27, 2020, 01:11:17 PM »
You know what I don't get?

Flan.

It's just gross.  I mean, I can see someone coming up with the recipe, but didn't the first people who ate flan say, hey, this is edible but not good at all, do not ever make this goo again?
My wife is from Argentina and makes a deliciious flan.  Creme Brulee done right is even better.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1366 on: July 27, 2020, 01:45:00 PM »
Here is my ranking.

Modern
Sally's
Bar
Zuppardi's
Pepe's

To put it in context, I would put Pepe's above any of my favorite pizza joints from Chicago or most other places i have lived.

Amen!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1367 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:05 PM »
My wife is from Argentina and makes an delicious edible flan.

FIFY.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #1368 on: July 29, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »
Tractor pulls.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1369 on: July 30, 2020, 07:20:18 AM »
Posters who don't take 5 seconds and scan to see if their topic is already started

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1370 on: August 30, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »
I do not get "rain" showerheads.   

I mean, do you really want to feel like you're in the rain?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: August 30, 2020, 10:34:31 AM »
I do not get "rain" showerheads.   

I mean, do you really want to feel like you're in the rain?

I love mine

feedback