collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 186044 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #875 on: October 04, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »
Happens to a lot of sports casters, see V, Dickie and Berman, Chris
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #876 on: October 04, 2019, 12:44:18 PM »
I find his act so very tired.
It's not an act.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #877 on: October 04, 2019, 08:26:35 PM »
my buddy put Astroturf in his back yard. Great for the kids to play on and no upkeep.

some people will either plant grass in their front yards or put in these little 10/15' x 20' or so patches of grass outlined with a concrete edge in their backyards.  maybe dunks has some insight into this. 
     the house we bought had one of these little grass patches and i was almost stupid enough to turn it into a putting green(face slap) it's now a cactus garden.  i found one of those long horn skulls and put it right in the middle-wild wild west baby.

some will even paint their yards green and put an old rusty snowblower on it- i just hope it's an enviro friendly substance ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #878 on: October 04, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
Terry Bradshaw

Has gone from a likeable goof to a guy who will hawk anything using his "gee shucks am I am dumba$$" persona.

he sure did put the whoop arse on AB.  is still a well respected hof'er

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #879 on: October 05, 2019, 02:48:56 PM »
i don't get why anyone would even consider smuggling ANY cocaine into china, but $3 million dollars worth?

at minimum, you could be sentenced to rehab in one of their choice facilities...and/or execution.  if you even think about it...you just may have a little problem 

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/south-african-airways-flight-attendants-caught-smuggling-drugs.html

https://drugabuse.com/the-20-countries-with-the-harshest-drug-laws-in-the-world/

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #880 on: October 05, 2019, 07:21:22 PM »
my buddy put Astroturf in his back yard. Great for the kids to play on and no upkeep.

It is a big deal here in Calif with the drought.  I bet 40% of my neighborhood has it now, I still mow my lawns, but it is tempting to rip it out and replace.

It gets very hot, and not great for the dog.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #881 on: October 05, 2019, 08:05:17 PM »
It is a big deal here in Calif with the drought.  I bet 40% of my neighborhood has it now, I still mow my lawns, but it is tempting to rip it out and replace.

It gets very hot, and not great for the dog.

In Las Vegas the government is literally  paying people to rip out their lawns and put in rock gardens instead.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #882 on: October 05, 2019, 08:59:46 PM »
In Las Vegas the government is literally  paying people to rip out their lawns and put in rock gardens instead.

H2O, pesticides, allergies etc...bringing something to the desert that wasn't meant to be.  there are so many cool and creative ways to landscape ones yard in the desert to appreciate.  when we first moved out to the southwest, my first impression was that it seemed dirty, disorganized, unkempt, but when done properly, it can be absolutely stunning

our backyard in surprise is more diverse with a few different types of palms,  many types of cacti, ocotillo, agave, bismarks, an orchid tree, a lemon tree.  using different colored stone highlighting different beds etc  no need for grass.  if i can find a pic of our orchid tree-i'm not a real plant guy, and i've never seen an orchid tree, but this thing is stunning when it flowers, but a pain in the ass for the pool

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #883 on: October 06, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Sew, watt yur sayin' iz dat yo neighborhood is deverse and yo beein' unfairly labelled, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #884 on: October 06, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »
Sew, watt yur sayin' iz dat yo neighborhood is deverse and yo beein' unfairly labelled, aina?

well, we are adverse to introducing any "non-native" growing types if you will so i guess the answer to your question is wtf else is new enn'a?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #885 on: October 23, 2019, 07:21:37 PM »
LinkedIn

It's a social media platform, but with sh*tty management advice!!!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #886 on: October 23, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »
LinkedIn

It's a social media platform, but with sh*tty management advice!!!

Job searching isn't so much more legit on it than indeed monster or any of those sites however
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #887 on: November 11, 2019, 10:54:28 AM »
Most people who live in the upper Midwest have done so for most of their adult lives.    How is it they completely forget how to drive in snow?     The physics never change.    Spend some money on tires.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #888 on: November 11, 2019, 11:03:56 AM »
Most people who live in the upper Midwest have done so for most of their adult lives.    How is it they completely forget how to drive in snow?     The physics never change.    Spend some money on tires.

Every year I wonder about this. I understand exercising caution, but some people want to slow down so much they actually create more danger because it increases their chances of getting rear-ended.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #889 on: November 11, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
In the Great Lakes region, we spend 1/3 of our lives dealing with it.   And yet first snow = panic, idiocy, demolition derby.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #890 on: November 11, 2019, 02:23:24 PM »
One of the things I hated most during my years in Chicago was being trapped in Lake Forest for work when the first big snow of the season happened. What usually was a 45-minute drive home for me turned into a 2-hour slog. Or worse.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #891 on: November 11, 2019, 02:25:43 PM »
In the Great Lakes region, we spend 1/3 of our lives dealing with it.   And yet first snow = panic, idiocy, demolition derby.

It's not any different in the Northeast. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #892 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:56 PM »

That includes the pilots who drive off the end of the runway.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #893 on: November 11, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
Saw that.  Or maybe the airports could be a little better at clearing runways.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #894 on: November 11, 2019, 03:22:47 PM »
I will say that if there's even a light dusting of snow here in Charlotte, it might as well have been Armageddon.

No plows here, and few drivers have a clue how to handle it.

Last couple of years, they have closed schools at 4 pm on a Tuesday on the mere threat of snow on Wednesday -- and at least twice the snow never came.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #895 on: November 11, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
In the Great Lakes region, we spend 1/3 5/12 of our lives dealing with it.   And yet first snow = panic, idiocy, demolition derby.

FTFY

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #896 on: November 12, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »
Paternity leave
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #897 on: November 12, 2019, 05:42:40 PM »
Paternity leave
One day, a woman will fall for your #LIES, and you may be blessed with a child. A mother needs all the help she can get. Paternity leave is a great idea, and more companies should offer it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #898 on: November 12, 2019, 06:12:28 PM »
One day, a woman will fall for your #LIES, and you may be blessed with a child. A mother needs all the help she can get. Paternity leave is a great idea, and more companies should offer it.

“I have nipples. Cold you milk me?”

(I actually “get” paternity leave)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 06:57:32 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #899 on: November 12, 2019, 06:42:19 PM »
“I have nipples. Cold you kill me?”

(I actually “get” paternity leave)

The sheriff have to show up at your door to tell you that you qualify?