collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 185340 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #700 on: July 10, 2019, 07:44:09 PM »
Take away Family Guy and American Dad, and there's not much miss.

Although, if you've ever been written a script for Ritalin, Family Guy is 100% hit.

And American Dad is basically family guy.  And Family Guy is just a bad 2nd rate knock off of the Simpsons. 

I don't get Seth McFarland at all.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:54:37 PM by buckchuckler »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #701 on: July 10, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »
I don't get cyclists.  They think their bikes are cars, but don't obey any of the laws of the road.  And why the devil do they have to wear the freaking suits.  You aren't in the Tour de France buttface, you're riding your bike around the neighborhood like a 12 year old.  I can tell aerodynamics really aren't your cup of tea anyways.  The spandex isn't helping you.  No one wears a NBA uniform when they play pickup hoops, and catchers in beer league softball don't wear gear.  You're ridiculous. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #702 on: July 10, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »
I don't get cyclists.  They think their bikes are cars, but don't obey any of the laws of the road.  And why the devil do they have to wear the freaking suits.  You aren't in the Tour de France buttface, you're riding your bike around the neighborhood like a 12 year old.  I can tell aerodynamics really aren't your cup of tea anyways.  The spandex isn't helping you.  No one wears a NBA uniform when they play pickup hoops, and catchers in beer league softball don't wear gear.  You're ridiculous.

Following up on that.  I don't get (and am frankly totally annoyed by) cyclists who freakin' refuse to use the gdamn million dollar bike path our community supported but would rather be out on the two lane road blocking traffic when a great option is literally 10 feet away.

Actually, that fits better on the 'things that really piss me off' thread.   >:(

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2019, 07:54:30 PM »

In my experience, the pretty boy ratio among cyclists is quite high.

My community spent a crap ton of money building bike paths along our major streets and most "serious" cyclists don't use them.  I have almost missed my train on more than one occasion on a weekday morning because I got trapped behind a peloton of these jerks.

ETA:  This is obviously a sore spot in our family.  We make it a mission whenever possible to drive up next these   self-entitled pretty boys, roll down the window, and yell "Use the bike path!"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:57:03 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #704 on: July 10, 2019, 07:55:16 PM »
Following up on that.  I don't get (and am frankly totally annoyed by) cyclists who freakin' refuse to use the gdamn million dollar bike path our community supported but would rather be out on the two lane road blocking traffic when a great option is literally 10 feet away.

Actually, that fits better on the 'things that really piss me off' thread.   >:(

No crap.  We have this same damn situation. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #705 on: July 10, 2019, 07:56:40 PM »
Sh*t, we've been married so long we think alike!  (She's at the other end of the couch right now!)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #706 on: July 10, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »
I think he meant he doesn't get people who are willing to pick up after dogs.

I love dogs.  A lot.  But I play with everyone else's dog so that I don't have to actually take care of one.

It’s like a kid and diapers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #707 on: July 10, 2019, 08:06:46 PM »
The ESPYs.

I really don't get the effen ESPYs.

Not sure how much somebody would have to.pay me to watch 'em.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #708 on: July 10, 2019, 08:09:48 PM »

Two things, maybe not known to non-cyclists, years ago I use to be more serious about cycling so picked up a few things I didn't understand previously.

1. The jerseys have special designs to allow you to store stuff conveniently to keep it from getting in the way while cycling. Normal athletic apparel does not. Also the fabric helps keep you cool.

2. The bike seats are very hard to keep down the bike weight. When you go for a 100 mile ride, you are going to be hurting. The bike shorts (spandex), have built in padding right where you need it. Without it, you are walking right or peeing right for awhile.

My community spent a crap ton of money building bike paths along our major streets and most "serious" cyclists don't use them.  I have almost missed my train on more than one occasion on a weekday morning because I got trapped behind a peloton of these jerks.

ETA:  This is obviously a sore spot in our family.  We make it a mission whenever possible to drive up next these   self-entitled pretty boys, roll down the window, and yell "Use the bike path!"

Can't speak for your area, but the "bike paths" in my area are not actually really made for biking, especially if you are a serious biker. Not only that, but they technically do not allow biking above a speed of 15 mph and you can be ticked substantial amounts for violating that. They are really made for "multi-purpose" athletics, eg running, walking, biking.

If you are doing serious training where you want to average 20 mph+ for 100 miles, you can't do that on the trails, it is dangerous for the biker, and anyone else on the trail.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2019, 08:25:24 PM »

If you are doing serious training where you want to average 20 mph+ for 100 miles, you can't do that on the trails, it is dangerous for the biker, and anyone else on the trail.

I get that, but then stay off the main roads!  Go 5 miles further out of town where you aren't blocking traffic.
Have some patience, FFS.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2019, 08:39:38 PM »
I get that, but then stay off the main roads!  Go 5 miles further out of town where you aren't blocking traffic.

Got it.

Then you are recommending what I used to do. I road the trails to the edge'ish of town as a warmup. Then switched to the roads. At most had 1-2 miles of riding on city streets, on lower traffic streets.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:41:41 PM by forgetful »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2019, 09:37:06 PM »
The asshat cyclists on country roads are worse.  Not where for them or the car to go.  No shoulder, no lane. 

Surprised more wannabe ironmen aren't killed.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2019, 09:38:44 PM »
You don't get people who clean up after their dogs? What don't you get? We're being good citizens.

It's like saying you don't get people who flush after taking a dump in the toilet of a public rest room.

Benny, Benny, Benny.

You’re. Playing. With. Dog. Shiite.

Not human diapers.  Animal poo.  Doesn’t matter whether you’re a creationist or an evolutionist, the message is the same... if it smells bad, that’s either God or Science telling you you’re not supposed to go anywhere near it.  And if some dog owners think it smells good, well, that would be an entirely different level of “I don’t get.”

I can’t stand cats (allergic), but I’d rather clean up after ten cats than one dog. 

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »

I can’t stand cats (allergic), but I’d rather clean up after ten cats than one dog.

I'll PM you my garage code, want to scoop the cat chit at the ZFB Estate?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2019, 09:51:56 PM »
You’re. Playing. With. Dog. Shiite.

Not human diapers.  Animal poo.  Doesn’t matter whether you’re a creationist or an evolutionist, the message is the same... if it smells bad, that’s either God or Science telling you you’re not supposed to go anywhere near it.  And if some dog owners think it smells good, well, that would be an entirely different level of “I don’t get.”

I don't know how many dog owners you know who "play" with dog shyte, but I don't know any. Including myself.

I don't get cats. I especially don't get men who like cats.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2019, 09:57:44 PM »
Two things, maybe not known to non-cyclists, years ago I use to be more serious about cycling so picked up a few things I didn't understand previously.

1. The jerseys have special designs to allow you to store stuff conveniently to keep it from getting in the way while cycling. Normal athletic apparel does not. Also the fabric helps keep you cool.

2. The bike seats are very hard to keep down the bike weight. When you go for a 100 mile ride, you are going to be hurting. The bike shorts (spandex), have built in padding right where you need it. Without it, you are walking right or peeing right for awhile.

Can't speak for your area, but the "bike paths" in my area are not actually really made for biking, especially if you are a serious biker. Not only that, but they technically do not allow biking above a speed of 15 mph and you can be ticked substantial amounts for violating that. They are really made for "multi-purpose" athletics, eg running, walking, biking.

None of this makes it make more sense. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2019, 12:15:57 AM »

This answers everything I don't get about cyclists except the not obeying the rules of the road. Nothing is more annoying then them blowing stop signs when it's your turn, trying to blow through lights in small traffic spaces, or failing to signal when turning in front of traffic. It's common knowledge bikers have to obey the rules of the road and yet they never do.
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2019, 12:38:55 AM »
This answers everything I don't get about cyclists except the not obeying the rules of the road. Nothing is more annoying then them blowing stop signs when it's your turn, trying to blow through lights in small traffic spaces, or failing to signal when turning in front of traffic. It's common knowledge bikers have to obey the rules of the road and yet they never do.

Yeah, that's just people being asshats.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #718 on: July 11, 2019, 06:59:04 AM »
Yeah, that's just people being asshats.

I don’t get people being asshats.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #719 on: July 11, 2019, 07:39:26 AM »
I don't get motorcyclists who use the center lines in traffic to pass cars.  The first time I saw it happen was on a California freeway and it freaked me out.  A week ago in heavy traffic, a motorcycle came screaming by me, in between me and another car on my left.  All it would have taken would be me to veer a foot to the left or the guy to my left to veer a foot or so to his right and the biker would have been roadkill. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #720 on: July 11, 2019, 07:49:01 AM »
I'll PM you my garage code, want to scoop the cat chit at the ZFB Estate?

In case anyone is confused, yes, ZFB lives in a garage.

My cat does some nasty stuff. Now, I wouldn’t walk to walk a dog every day and pick up its sh1t, but cats can be pretty gross too.

PS- ironically, as I type this I’m sitting on the toilet. 2nd time today. First at 5:15 before basketball, now 7:45. Next will likely be in 3 hours. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »
I don't get motorcyclists who use the center lines in traffic to pass cars.  The first time I saw it happen was on a California freeway and it freaked me out.  A week ago in heavy traffic, a motorcycle came screaming by me, in between me and another car on my left.  All it would have taken would be me to veer a foot to the left or the guy to my left to veer a foot or so to his right and the biker would have been roadkill.

In California it is perfectly legal for motorcycles to drive between lanes.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2019, 08:06:16 AM »

PS- ironically, as I type this I’m sitting on the toilet. 2nd time today. First at 5:15 before basketball, now 7:45. Next will likely be in 3 hours.

Is this the kind of stuff you text when you are chatting up a girl on Tinder?  No wonder you're single.  ::)
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #723 on: July 11, 2019, 08:07:26 AM »
Is this the kind of stuff you text when you are chatting up a girl on Tinder?  No wonder you're single.  ::)

I guess we know where all the boxes of Colon Blow went in the greater Twin City metroplex went.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #724 on: July 11, 2019, 08:23:40 AM »
In California it is perfectly legal for motorcycles to drive between lanes.

In California, everything in the world can cause cancer but please race your crotch rocket between 2 trucks at 80 mph.

feedback