[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Point guard or big by Jockey
[Today at 11:37:56 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 185365 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2019, 01:25:58 PM »
I don't get mosquito bites, I get bit but no longer have any allergic reaction to the bite, it doesn't even seem top leave a mark. I used to see bites on my arms etc., my wife will get bites sitting right next to me so I'm pretty sure I'm also getting bites.

What is your blood type?  Do you sweat a lot?  Overweight?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »

A-, no and no.  I also don't wear perfume or any other type of heavily-scented products.

I don't fit into any of the "reasons" people get more bites.   I just do.
Have some patience, FFS.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »
Port wine cheese spread.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #553 on: June 24, 2019, 01:58:57 PM »
Something my wife and I don't get:  expensive jewelry.  She's always been very uncomfortable with expensive jewelry.  I'm thankful that she doesn't get it; it's saved us quite a lot of money over the years.  We've both been amazed by the amount of money that people spend on such things.  When I graduated she bought me a nice watch -- with "nice" being relative -- $600 or $700 or so.  Aside from our engagement/wedding rings, it's the most expensive piece of jewelry we've ever bought (and those rings weren't very much more) - and I rarely wear it.  She has her grandmother's pearls, which I suspect are worth more, but I don't know - and aside from our wedding day, I don't think she's ever worn those.  I've offered to "upgrade" her engagement and/or wedding rings which were purchased when we had no money, but she's absolutely not interested.  Perhaps she'll change her mind once we're done paying for our kids' education...that (along with planning for retirement) has been our financial priority for years.

my wife's "expensive jewelry" came from a friend who worked with a company who did knockoffs.  So, she paid $40 or so for a knockoff of a necklace that the real one retailed for over $2K. I'm cool with that.  She's tried to guilt me into a ring when we were at Cartier once but I got out of that one. I have my wedding ring, my Fitbit and that's if for "jewelry."
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #554 on: June 24, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »
A-, no and no.  I also don't wear perfume or any other type of heavily-scented products.

I don't fit into any of the "reasons" people get more bites.   I just do.

Well that is unfortunate.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »

AB+, no, no. Why am I saying these things

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »
my wife's "expensive jewelry" came from a friend who worked with a company who did knockoffs.  So, she paid $40 or so for a knockoff of a necklace that the real one retailed for over $2K. I'm cool with that.  She's tried to guilt me into a ring when we were at Cartier once but I got out of that one. I have my wedding ring, my Fitbit and that's if for "jewelry."

Beejay ended up in the ER due to a cheap, knockoff c*ck ring.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
Restaurants where everything is "shared plates".

I am cool with splitting an appetizer, but otherwise, I like having my own damned plate of food that I can enjoy even if no one else would have wanted it!  Who decided that it would be fun to go out to eat and have every thing you order put up to a vote?

Totally agree, chickadee.

First time I went to Cafe Ba Ba Reeba many many years ago, I thought, "That's kind of a cool concept." But after hundreds and hundreds of restaurants were doing it, I thought, "This sucks. Give me a real portion of food."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #558 on: June 24, 2019, 04:42:38 PM »
I don't get why a thread on a player who didn't want to go to Marquette, never played at Marquette and had absolutely nothing to do with Marquette is in Hangin' at the Al.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #559 on: June 24, 2019, 05:53:22 PM »
AB+, no, no. Why am I saying these things

Type O, heavy sweaters, overweight people, and alcohol all increase the chance of being bitten by mosquitos

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #560 on: June 24, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »
Type O, heavy sweaters, overweight people, and alcohol all increase the chance of being bitten by mosquitos

Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #561 on: June 24, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »

Why would someone wear a heavy sweater during mosquito season?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2019, 06:48:01 PM »
My wife bought a $20k watch to impress people.  Then she could not wear it, she felt guilty.  I had to buy her a $160 watch.

Like a friend who was a Bird Col. with a uniform with six rows of ribbons.  I asked him when he wore it, he said when he wanted to intmidate someone.  Then he was promoted, hay, it may have worked.

Personally I don't do expensive jewlery, tattoos or expensive name plates.  Whatever floats your boat.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #563 on: June 24, 2019, 07:14:19 PM »
My wife bought a $20k watch to impress people.  Then she could not wear it, she felt guilty.  I had to buy her a $160 watch.

Like a friend who was a Bird Col. with a uniform with six rows of ribbons.  I asked him when he wore it, he said when he wanted to intmidate someone.  Then he was promoted, hay, it may have worked.

Personally I don't do expensive jewlery, tattoos or expensive name plates.  Whatever floats your boat.

I don't know many woman who, if they were going to blow 20 grand on jewelry, would buy a watch with it. 
Have some patience, FFS.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #564 on: June 24, 2019, 08:02:52 PM »
Interesting reading on credit cards, I pay for everything with my cards (I have 2), and I don’t think I’ve ever paid interest either.

This summer, I started to teach my 9 year old twins about money. Felt like the right time to give them more individual responsibility, learn about spending/saving/earning/debt. I get paid every other Friday, so last Friday, I showed them my electronic pay stub and then showed them my checking account and where the money goes and how it’s budgeted. I told them they needed to show me work they did around the house or rewardable type behavior, and they’d individually would earn $10 each every other Friday.

I took them to GameStop on Saturday. My son wanted a $23 video game. He picked it up and said “If I get this, I won’t get an allowance for a month, but that’s ok because I’ll keep working for the next time I get it.” My daughter took the approach of spending only $8, and saving $2 “to someday travel to Australia.” It was interesting to see how each went about it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #565 on: June 24, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »

Just spit out my Coke Zero.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #566 on: June 25, 2019, 01:34:24 AM »
I don't get mosquito bites, I get bit but no longer have any allergic reaction to the bite, it doesn't even seem top leave a mark. I used to see bites on my arms etc., my wife will get bites sitting right next to me so I'm pretty sure I'm also getting bites.

I had a scratch test for 21 stinging insects.  I am only allergic to one.  And it's fatal.

Eat at Arby's

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #567 on: June 25, 2019, 05:29:49 AM »
I had a scratch test for 21 stinging insects.  I am only allergic to one.  And it's fatal.

Eat at Arby's

Nice knowin' ya, doc.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #568 on: June 25, 2019, 05:44:48 AM »

was it his or his partners though?  depends where the rash was, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #569 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:48 AM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #570 on: June 25, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »
My 11 year old son is a mosquito magnet.   He'll be outside at 8, 10am in the morning, and sleeping mosquitos will wake up just for him.

He is mosquito delicious.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #571 on: June 25, 2019, 08:16:05 AM »
My 11 year old son is a mosquito magnet.   He'll be outside at 8, 10am in the morning, and sleeping mosquitos will wake up just for him.

Too much (or not enough) Arby's.  Not sure.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #572 on: June 25, 2019, 08:40:05 AM »
Too much (or not enough) Arby's.  Not sure.

OMG, that's it.  He's never had the protective coating Arby's food must yield!

#science
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:47:34 AM by mu_hilltopper »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #573 on: June 25, 2019, 09:08:59 AM »
OMG, that's it.  He's never had the protective coating Arby's food must yield!

#science

Yes.  I recommend slathering him in Horsey Sauce.  That should do the trick.
Have some patience, FFS.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #574 on: June 25, 2019, 09:46:08 AM »

I've heard that if you eat a lot of red delicious apples that the mosquitoes won't touch you, damn near poisonous to them.

Not sure it would be worth it though.