[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124075 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #350 on: May 17, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
Mite bee heer ta interview four Woj's gig, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #351 on: May 17, 2019, 09:20:57 PM »
82-how do you know they "punked" bennett and izzo?  they coulda been in on the wink-wink
Exactly...there were issues for the Hausers at both of those schools.  If you think TB and TO get "punked" by transfers you're the fool at the table.  If you think Sam and Joey have ever done anything but show respect for those two coaches you are also a fool.  I'm really sick of people with no understanding of how something like this plays out acting like the Hausers of awful people.  STFU.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #353 on: May 17, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
Yep.  Just saw Izzo sitting on the floor.  I am guessing he is in town to make one final push. He doesn’t think it’s over.

Are they even in Milwaukee?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #354 on: May 17, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »
82-how do you know they "punked" bennett and izzo?  they coulda been in on the wink-wink

The coaches had nothing to gain by being "in on the wink-wink." That's silly.

I don't "know" the Hausers punked Bennett and Izzo. It's my opinion that they did. We all have 'em.

Exactly...there were issues for the Hausers at both of those schools.  If you think TB and TO get "punked" by transfers you're the fool at the table.  If you think Sam and Joey have ever done anything but show respect for those two coaches you are also a fool.  I'm really sick of people with no understanding of how something like this plays out acting like the Hausers of awful people.  STFU.

Never said the Hausers were "awful people." They did use Izzo and Bennett, for whatever reason, even though they have known for weeks that they were going to Wisconsin. Call it whatever you want to feel better about it.

The Hausers are residents of F%ckyland. They are our enemies now, just like the rest of 'em in douche red. I know that when my alma mater plays against them, I'll be rooting for my alma mater to crush them. Hopefully, every other Warrior will be doing the same.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #355 on: May 17, 2019, 10:58:35 PM »
slurp the wojoaide

Some are skeptics. I'm an optimist and excited for the coming season. That's not the same as thinking Wojo can do no wrong.

I'm not satisfied with 2 NCAA tournament bids and 0 wins in 5 years. I don't think any MU fans are. I want a program on the same level as Villanova. Can Wojo take a definitive step forward -- in developing players, as a game coach, and on the recruiting trail?

I'm concerned about how last season ended -- losing 6 of our final 7 games, then 2 starters (including our second best player) deciding to transfer. That's a huge disappointment and blow to the program. But I also see a talented, deep and experienced roster next season. MU will have 4 seniors (including a returning All-American), 7 upperclassmen and perhaps Wojo's quickest, longest, most versatile backcourt yet. Will we add anyone else? Will this finally be the year the pieces come together for a special campaign?

We've seen steps forward (signing Henry and Markus, making the Big Dance 2 of 3 years, coming within a game of a Big East title) and steps back (missing the tournament, numerous transfers and last season's train-wreck ending). Skeptic or optimist, it seems safe to say next season will be Wojo's most important one as head coach of the Marquette men's basketball program.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2019, 12:39:12 AM »
I don't think there was any bamboozaling of any coaches. There may have been an early lean, but I don't think a final decision was made before all the visits were made.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2019, 05:40:44 AM »
You are relatively new here a time least based on your limited number of posts. 

This is what Willie does.  He whines.  Incessantly.
What I do incessantly is pine for MU to be elite  and it ain't happening under nice guy  Wojos trying
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #358 on: May 18, 2019, 05:50:37 AM »
What I do incessantly is pine for MU to be elite  and it ain't happening under nice guy  Wojos trying

Bennett is a nice guy beilein was a nice guy, Jay is a nice guy. It's possible. Rare, but possible.
Maigh Eo for Sam

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #359 on: May 18, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »
While it is totally unacceptable that they are leaving, if true Wojo lost them to UW, he should be called to stand tall in front of the AD, and be hung by his balls with piano wire. Wisconsin? Losing these guys to Wisconsin speaks volumes about Wojo and his abilities. HE HAS NONE!!! Sure hopes that Wojo can immediately recruit talent to replace Sam, but that is highly unlikely. Let the slurpers continue to offer up lame Wojo excuses.

You need to quit holding back.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »
Up to 51 pages now on the Badger board.
https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Board/103802/Contents/Wisconsin-basketball-reports-say-Badgers-could-land-Sam-and-Joey-Hauser-131221519/?Page=51

Unless you enjoy getting getting abused, is there any reason to go on the Badger board? You know what's on it without even reading it. No thank you.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2019, 10:36:36 AM »
The coaches had nothing to gain by being "in on the wink-wink." That's silly.

I don't "know" the Hausers punked Bennett and Izzo. It's my opinion that they did. We all have 'em.

Never said the Hausers were "awful people." They did use Izzo and Bennett, for whatever reason, even though they have known for weeks that they were going to Wisconsin. Call it whatever you want to feel better about it.

The Hausers are residents of F%ckyland. They are our enemies now, just like the rest of 'em in douche red. I know that when my alma mater plays against them, I'll be rooting for my alma mater to crush them. Hopefully, every other Warrior will be doing the same.
So you said they punked the coaches...which is BS...shows you don't know how it is all going down (what TO and TB have to offer in playing time and scholarships)...and continue to say they "used" TB and TO. 

Then you turn to the "they are our enemy" so I can say whatever I want about a kids character on the Internet because they play for UW card?  It's ridiculous...the only one in this whole situation that is lacking character are people on the Internet bashing kids when they have no clue what the heck is going on. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2019, 11:23:13 AM »
So you said they punked the coaches...which is BS...shows you don't know how it is all going down (what TO and TB have to offer in playing time and scholarships)...and continue to say they "used" TB and TO. 

Then you turn to the "they are our enemy" so I can say whatever I want about a kids character on the Internet because they play for UW card?  It's ridiculous...the only one in this whole situation that is lacking character are people on the Internet bashing kids when they have no clue what the heck is going on.
This. All of this. To suggest they’re “playing” Izzo and Bennett is utterly baseless and would serve absolutely no motive. This is the kind of story one makes up to rationalize their resentment. Plain and simple.
No Finish Line

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »
Come on - Joey’s secret verbal to Bucky from the first time he was recruited is still binding in badger fans minds.

This. All of this. To suggest they’re “playing” Izzo and Bennett is utterly baseless and would serve absolutely no motive. This is the kind of story one makes up to rationalize their resentment. Plain and simple.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2019, 01:59:58 PM »

So why don't you fill us in on what is going on?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
Just get it over again, let Joey and Brad Davison reunite....we get them both in Milwaukee in two seasons.  Going to be fun. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
Lenny, you know better than to confuse the likes of Sand-Knit with "most of the Scoop community." From what I have read these last many weeks, "most of the Scoop community" wishes none of this had ever happened, wishes very much that we had kept Sam (one of the best all-around players in recent MU history) and wishes we also had kept Joey (though defense-challenged, a good offensive player with potential).

Those saying otherwise are either reacting out of feeling jilted or are just plain dopes.

If I were Izzo or Bennett, and the Hausers wanted to play basketball for me, I'd take them in a heartbeat -- just as Tennessee took Maymon in a heartbeat. I'd be confident in my ability to handle their egos because all competitive, talented athletes have healthy egos and I'm experienced handling those kinds of players.

Mostly, I'd dismiss what happened at Marquette as "one of those things" that a change in environment would solve.

Change often is a good thing in sports. Katin Reinhardt was seen by some as problem child, too, and he worked out pretty darn well for Marquette.

Strangely enough further away from his father and his AAU coach, Maymon was willing to play a position he wasn't willing to play at MU.  At the next stop along the line, I think transfers realize that they have less leverage to call the shots then they might have felt they had as highly sought recruits.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
Then it's settled. Marquette is going to 100% suck this season. There's no way Wojo adds any other quality players to the roster at this point. The season is over before it's begun.

We could see a mass exodus any day. Worse than Hiroshima, this could be an extinction event. Why would anybody stay when we suck so bad? In the highly unlikely event they do stay, there's zero chance anyone improves. Potential? That's just deluded, wishful thinking. We sucked at the end of last season; ergo, we'll suck this year. Nothing will change. Nothing will be different -- unless it gets worse. Which it probably will.

How did Wojo ever get hired as an assistant, let alone head coach of one of the top 25 programs in the country? How does a coach who sucks this bad ever beat Bethune Cookman, let alone come within a game of a Big East championship? How was the NCAA committee fooled into giving MU a tournament bid, let alone a 5 seed? How does a program that sucks this bad attract more than a few hundred deluded fans, let alone set all-time attendance records?

It's a total sham. A scam. A shameful sham scam. Can't you see? Is everyone else blind?? MU is doomed!!! Doomed, I say!!!! DOOMED!!!!!!!!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-03-29/ap-releases-top-100-college-basketball-programs-based-poll

Well, when you put it that way....

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »
Mite bee heer ta interview four Woj's gig, hey?

Nope, it's been promised to Bennett.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2019, 04:32:21 PM »
Just get it over again, let Joey and Brad Davison reunite....we get them both in Milwaukee in two seasons.  Going to be fun.

Might be tough to pry them apart....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2019, 05:24:12 PM »

If they end up going anywhere but F%ckyland, I'll apologize profusely and sincerely.

After I stop laughing at F%cky for losing 'em twice.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2019, 07:57:18 PM »
So why don't you fill us in on what is going on?
I did weeks ago...likely landing spot UW...UVA and MSU weren't clean offers at that time. 

That said...even if I didn't have info...I'm not dumb enough to think the Hauser boys punked Izzo and TB...nor do I believe they would be interested in doing so.  The reason for doing so would be to take 2 day vacation to MSU and UVA?  Scoop had info Izzo and TB didn't have???

MU82 trying to make sense of his poor logic by saying the Hauser's going to UW is proof they punked Izzo and TB...laughable and not fair to the Hausers. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:03:08 PM by avid1010 »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »
If they end up going anywhere but F%ckyland, I'll apologize profusely and sincerely.

After I stop laughing at F%cky for losing 'em twice.
It’s irrelevant if they end up there. The notion that their disingenuously playing Bennet and Izzo is dumb.
No Finish Line

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2019, 10:51:12 PM »
I did weeks ago...likely landing spot UW...UVA and MSU weren't clean offers at that time. 

That said...even if I didn't have info...I'm not dumb enough to think the Hauser boys punked Izzo and TB...nor do I believe they would be interested in doing so.  The reason for doing so would be to take 2 day vacation to MSU and UVA?  Scoop had info Izzo and TB didn't have???

MU82 trying to make sense of his poor logic by saying the Hauser's going to UW is proof they punked Izzo and TB...laughable and not fair to the Hausers.

What is a "clean offer"?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2019, 10:53:39 PM »
It’s irrelevant if they end up there. The notion that their disingenuously playing Bennet and Izzo is dumb.

We disagree, and that's OK.