[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2019  (Read 46761 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Golf 2019
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:40 PM »
i guess tommy two gloves not gonna make it to the presidents cup, eyn'a?  anyone really heard of the dude?  he's won over $5 mil on the tour?  maybe he considered the, umm women as a biness expense?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2019/12/11/tommy-two-gloves-gainey-arrested-as-part-of-prostitution-sting/40800421/

He was on Big Break many years ago. Self made dude.
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2019, 06:44:00 AM »
Unique swing.  On tour a couple of years.  Mostly on the fringe tours.   Another example of the fine line between a really good golfer and those able to make a career on the PGA tour.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2019, 08:48:57 AM »
After that asskicking, USA goes 3-2 tonight.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »
After that asskicking, USA goes 3-2 tonight.

i hope so!  actually, i am holding my breath that we do even better.  there were some really humiliated golfers yesterday and rightly so.  we cannot allow the europeans to win this and use the momentum as a carryover to the ryder cup.  tiger's back ain't strong enough to carry this team
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2019, 07:36:09 PM »
Combining British Open sight lines and Oakmont/Augusta greens.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »
i guess tommy two gloves not gonna make it to the presidents cup, eyn'a?  anyone really heard of the dude?  he's won over $5 mil on the tour?  maybe he considered the, umm women as a biness expense?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2019/12/11/tommy-two-gloves-gainey-arrested-as-part-of-prostitution-sting/40800421/
The TV Movie about this would be called " A Pro and A Pro"
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:50 PM »
Better dig deep tomorrow.   And not in a Patrick Reed way.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:26:01 PM by tower912 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2019, 11:04:08 PM »
Golf!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2019, 06:08:39 AM »
I think it’s safe to say PReed will never be a captains pick again.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2019, 06:39:17 AM »
Reeds caddie is his brother in law. 

Steve Williams used to get fairly aggressive protecting Tiger.   IIRC, he took away and perhaps destroyed a camera from an ignorant fan.

And fans at these events are getting out of control.  I believe they need to stop serving alcohol.   Eventually, some drunk guy who lost a bundle throwing down bets all day on his phone is going to have a physical confrontation with a player.

Handled correctly by the powers that be.   As I said earlier in the week, Reed had better get some noise cancelling headphones.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2019, 09:01:47 AM »
Reeds caddie is his brother in law. 

Steve Williams used to get fairly aggressive protecting Tiger.   IIRC, he took away and perhaps destroyed a camera from an ignorant fan.

And fans at these events are getting out of control.  I believe they need to stop serving alcohol.   Eventually, some drunk guy who lost a bundle throwing down bets all day on his phone is going to have a physical confrontation with a player.

Handled correctly by the powers that be.   As I said earlier in the week, Reed had better get some noise cancelling headphones.

The American team is wholly unlikable
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2019, 09:14:32 AM »
i hope so!  actually, i am holding my breath that we do even better.  there were some really humiliated golfers yesterday and rightly so.  we cannot allow the europeans to win this and use the momentum as a carryover to the ryder cup.  tiger's back ain't strong enough to carry this team

I will bet you a few million English sterling that the “Europeans” don’t win this.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »
i think cameron smith owns a little bit of the fracas between reed, his caddy and the fans.  the pga officials also could have nipped this one with better crowd control.  reed faced the camera and stated it was "unintentional"  whether you believe it or not, respect it.  talk about it however ya want in the locker room with your pals, but don't frothe up the crowd with the "cheating" word.  that's all they needed to hear washing down their home brews. 

i'm sure the kid from "down under" could have exercised some restraint with his comments about hoping the fans give it to him this weekend

"I hope the crowd absolutely gives it to not only him, but everyone (on the American team) next week.”

would have been a great matchup reed vs smith

🏀

• All American
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2019, 05:46:20 PM »
i think cameron smith owns a little bit of the fracas between reed, his caddy and the fans.  the pga officials also could have nipped this one with better crowd control.  reed faced the camera and stated it was "unintentional"  whether you believe it or not, respect it.  talk about it however ya want in the locker room with your pals, but don't frothe up the crowd with the "cheating" word.  that's all they needed to hear washing down their home brews. 

i'm sure the kid from "down under" could have exercised some restraint with his comments about hoping the fans give it to him this weekend

"I hope the crowd absolutely gives it to not only him, but everyone (on the American team) next week.”

would have been a great matchup reed vs smith

There is no respect for a cheater like Patrick Reed.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »
There is no respect for a cheater like Patrick Reed.

do you know what was in reed's heart?  so you know he cheated for sure?  he's the one who has to live with his conscience, not you.  these guys aren't stupid.  they know there are cameras all over the place.  regardless, no one deserves that kind of abuse. 

the way he's golfing right now-up 4 thru 4 holes...haven't seen him "cheat" yet.  i hope smith is crying after his round

tower912

• All American
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2019, 06:31:07 PM »
Have you seen the video?  Do you scrape sand from behind your ball in waste areas?  I mean, if you are a casual golfer with no bets, it is really no different than taking a mulligan or rolling your ball.   For a pro, it is clearly cheating.   Hence them calling it cheating and hitting him with a two shot penalty.   

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #266 on: December 14, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
Have you seen the video?  Do you scrape sand from behind your ball in waste areas?  I mean, if you are a casual golfer with no bets, it is really no different than taking a mulligan or rolling your ball.   For a pro, it is clearly cheating.   Hence them calling it cheating and hitting him with a two shot penalty.

not arguing the penalty.  no, i do not scrape sand behind my balls-ouch.  he accepted his penalty for the mistake.  yes these are pros, but not automatons.  he doesn't need to cheat to win, as he has shown throughout his career. 

up 5 thru 6-haven't seen him "cheat" yet

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #267 on: December 14, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »
do you know what was in reed's heart?  so you know he cheated for sure?  he's the one who has to live with his conscience, not you.  these guys aren't stupid.  they know there are cameras all over the place.  regardless, no one deserves that kind of abuse. 

the way he's golfing right now-up 4 thru 4 holes...haven't seen him "cheat" yet.  i hope smith is crying after his round

Patrick Reed has a LONG history before last week with regards to being accused of being a cheater
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2019, 06:49:14 PM »
not arguing the penalty.  no, i do not scrape sand behind my balls-ouch.  he accepted his penalty for the mistake.  yes these are pros, but not automatons.  he doesn't need to cheat to win, as he has shown throughout his career. 

up 5 thru 6-haven't seen him "cheat" yet
Focused and angry today.   Cheated last week.   The two are not contradictory.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2019, 07:03:02 PM »
December, Saturday night, prime time golf with Tiger? Yes, more of this please.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
December, Saturday night, prime time golf with Tiger? Yes, more of this please.

I’m in the exact same boat as you Dish. It’s been awesome to come home from work out on the TV and watch a few hours of golf before going to bed.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »
Tiger just so methodical today, really no mistakes, clutch when needed.

I said it previously, absolutely love having this event this weekend, not much else of interest on, really well placed on the sports schedule. Primetime golf is so underrated.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »
Golf past the watershed is even better.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2019, 09:31:51 PM »
Or the other two occasions Reed was caught on camera doing the exact same move.

Guy is a scumbag, wish he would’ve fallen after being up. Now he’ll remember that he’s never lost a singles match.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
Someone claps in the middle of Dechambeau's backswing, proceeds to rip one down the middle of the fairway.

feedback