[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439210 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #2100 on: April 25, 2023, 11:02:31 AM »
This doesn't help anything.

People on Twitter claim to know, but when asked they don't say a thing.

Same with people on here.

Someone said he didn't like how the school treated Buzz or something stupid like that, but yet he was at Marquette just a few years ago having a great time being indicted into the HoF well after the Buzz era.

Seems like no one knows why they disconnected or why anyone should feel a certain way about Jimmy. There are never answers.

I know nothing about the tension between JFB and MU, and don't pretend to. But looking at that link you provided, I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the fact that -- contrary to what you said in the highlighted portion -- Jimmy hasn't been inducted into MU's HoF. Perhaps he considers it a slight. Total speculation on my part.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #2101 on: April 25, 2023, 11:10:32 AM »
I know nothing about the tension between JFB and MU, and don't pretend to. But looking at that link you provided, I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the fact that -- contrary to what you said in the highlighted portion -- Jimmy hasn't been inducted into MU's HoF. Perhaps he considers it a slight. Total speculation on my part.

Good catch! I've always just assumed he had been.

Maybe there is something to that, though I'm sure he'll get inducted at some point and I'm sure he knows that.
VIOLENCE!

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #2102 on: April 25, 2023, 11:29:56 AM »
OK WTF, I'll play along. What evidence beyond something you've heard can you provide the rest of us to prove that Jimmy Butler is a horrible, horrible person?

I know firsthand that athletes often are not what they seem, so maybe Jimmy really is one of the worst human beings on the planet. Did he assault a child? Rape a woman? Shoot somebody? Spit in an innocent person's face? Instigate a bar brawl? Break up with a girlfriend via text? Serve moldy cheese at a party? What?

I'm seriously asking you to please help the rest of us understand your point of view.

I think there are two different questions here:

1) Why is Jimmy a horrible person
2) Why has the MU-Jimmy relationship gone sour

Every time I've seen #1 come up here, it gets associated with https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-marquette-sex-cases-20111028-story.html

If #1 is the cause of #2, then why was Jimmy welcomed back well after those events (as posted elsewhere https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuwLN1x3_ds) and what has changed?

If it's the way Buzz was treated, that doesn't clear it up either as the youtube video is from Jan 2019, several years later.

I've never seen a good explanation for #2 which leads me to believe no one here really knows and I recall someone posting that s/he heard the university doesn't know either.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #2103 on: April 25, 2023, 11:31:30 AM »
I've posted it here before.  You can look through my history to find it if you want to.

I'm glad he's nice to fans.  So was OJ Simpson.  So were tons of awful people.

LOL.  Do the board a favor and re-post/quote your post.  But, as with all things "withoutbias" you won't because you're just a troll.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2104 on: April 25, 2023, 11:49:53 AM »
LOL.  Do the board a favor and re-post/quote your post.  But, as with all things "withoutbias" you won't because you're just a troll.

Gotta agree with Ners here. You have well over 1,000 total posts. Without knowing key words, context, or the timetable, it would require looking at all of those posts. No one has the time for that. If you have receipts, provide them.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2105 on: April 25, 2023, 12:17:37 PM »
Go to youtube. Type in Jimmy Butler at Marquette.  And watch "I went back to Marquette". Enjoyable to see this humble and decent man.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2106 on: April 25, 2023, 12:21:41 PM »
Go to youtube. Type in Jimmy Butler at Marquette.  And watch "I went back to Marquette". Enjoyable to see this humble and decent man.

Or...I don't know...click on the link that's been posted twice in the last eight or so posts in this thread. But your way works too.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2107 on: April 25, 2023, 12:27:24 PM »
This doesn't help anything.

People on Twitter claim to know, but when asked they don't say a thing.

Same with people on here.

Someone said he didn't like how the school treated Buzz or something stupid like that, but yet he was at Marquette just a few years ago having a great time being indicted into the HoF well after the Buzz era.

Seems like no one knows why they disconnected or why anyone should feel a certain way about Jimmy. There are never answers.

https://youtu.be/EuwLN1x3_ds
Ironic that Jamal had a brief cameo role in the film and now He and Jimmy are teammates on The Heat 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2108 on: April 25, 2023, 06:42:32 PM »
I've posted it here before.  You can look through my history to find it if you want to.

I'm glad he's nice to fans.  So was OJ Simpson.  So were tons of awful people.

Crickets.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #2109 on: April 25, 2023, 09:03:54 PM »
Crickets.

Yup. Always is.

Everybody who claims they know why Jimmy disconnected from MU is always silent when asked.

Same with anyone who says Jimmy is a 'bad guy'.
VIOLENCE!

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2110 on: April 25, 2023, 09:56:34 PM »
Jimmy, Jamal and Jae will meet tomorrow morning for breakfast or later for lunch.  Get there early and don't give up your seat.  Shuuush!

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2111 on: April 25, 2023, 09:58:56 PM »
OH no! Did I forget to say where? I thought everyone knew. Miss Katie's.  See you there.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #2112 on: April 25, 2023, 10:01:15 PM »
Yup. Always is.

Everybody who claims they know why Jimmy disconnected from MU is always silent when asked.

Maybe he went to the registrars to get his diploma and they tried to charge him and it rubbed him the wrong way

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2113 on: April 25, 2023, 10:02:45 PM »
Yup. Always is.

Frankly, I don’t care why Jimmy disconnected from Marquette. It doesn’t affect Shaka’s team or anything else that matters IMHO.

But when you accuse someone of being “an awful awful person,” and you never offer evidence, that’s just wrong.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #2114 on: April 25, 2023, 10:22:44 PM »
Frankly, I don’t care why Jimmy disconnected from Marquette. It doesn’t affect Shaka’s team or anything else that matters IMHO.

But when you accuse someone of being “an awful awful person,” and you never offer evidence, that’s just wrong.

I kinda care.  It sucks that Jimmy doesn't like Marquette anymore.  He'd be a great guy to have connect with the current team.
He's a winner.

He was shooting around at MSOE tonight instead of his former school.  That's at the very least unfortunate.

Oh well.
VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2115 on: April 25, 2023, 10:29:19 PM »
I kinda care.  It sucks that Jimmy doesn't like Marquette anymore.  He'd be a great guy to have connect with the current team.
He's a winner.

He was shooting around at MSOE tonight instead of his former school.  That's at the very least unfortunate.

Oh well.

Pretty telling, hey? You’d think MU would be on their hands and knees to get this guy in their gym following a 56 point Playoff performance to take a commanding lead against the 1 seed.

Unless…

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2116 on: April 25, 2023, 10:38:13 PM »
Pretty telling, hey? You’d think MU would be on their hands and knees to get this guy in their gym following a 56 point Playoff performance to take a commanding lead against the 1 seed.

Unless…

You claim it's in your history. Feel free to bring those receipts.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #2117 on: April 26, 2023, 12:45:17 AM »

+1
VIOLENCE!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2118 on: April 26, 2023, 01:24:20 AM »

I'm assuming he's referring to one of these posts:

One of the players named above was involved.

The gang rape resulted in at least one “starter” being dismissed from the program after the season. And the handling of it was brutally terrible.

Montrerale Clark was scheduled to play for Marquette until he was put (still is?) in jail for raping a girl.

The “final straw” in “messing with happy” was when MU would not allow a recruit who attempted to light a girl’s hair on fire with a Bunsen burner in science lab into MU (fire department had to be called). Admin bent over backwards and stretched the rules time and again, but MU finally stood its ground and Buzz was out the door. Kid was quickly kicked out of the program that did take him for behavioral issues.

And no, I will not name names. The only one I will is the one who was convicted in the court of law.

Would feel bad for the victims of the "F" in his middle name while he was at Marquette if he got that recognition.  Least favorite MU player by a long shot.

or his posts in this thread

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=63466.msg1458294#msg1458294
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2119 on: April 26, 2023, 04:20:16 AM »
Yup. Always is.

Regarding why he’s not engaging with Marquette now, I don’t know. My understanding is that it’s fairly recent. Like Shaka-era recent. (Not saying it’s Shaka’s fault or anything.)

And I highly doubt it has anything to do with what bias is talking about. He is still featured in the “Prayer” video, and his segments were recorded during the Wojo era.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:30:55 AM by The Sultan of Semantics »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #2120 on: April 26, 2023, 06:12:49 AM »
His nicknames now are

JGB or Jimmy Gets Buckets or Jimmy G Butler or Jimmy Buckets. Harkens back to the Bulls anouncer

James Butler or Literally Jimmy

Himmy Butler, more recent with players being called Him the past few years

Jimbo is thrown around

I rarely see JFB or Jimmy MF Butler outside of Scoop, but it might be catching on

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1650683518308225028

You forgot JBut

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2121 on: April 26, 2023, 08:20:29 AM »
His nicknames now are

JGB or Jimmy Gets Buckets or Jimmy G Butler or Jimmy Buckets. Harkens back to the Bulls anouncer

James Butler or Literally Jimmy

Himmy Butler, more recent with players being called Him the past few years

Jimbo is thrown around

I rarely see JFB or Jimmy MF Butler outside of Scoop, but it might be catching on

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1650683518308225028

Jimmy Playoffs

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2122 on: April 26, 2023, 08:27:45 AM »
Jimmy Playoffs
WHOP

Worst Human On Planet-signed withoutbias

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2123 on: April 26, 2023, 02:30:48 PM »

Unless…

Well thanks. "Unless..." is absolute proof.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2124 on: April 26, 2023, 02:33:08 PM »
Well thanks. "Unless..." is absolute proof.

You bet.  Thanks for your riveting input about seeing two highlights that involved Sam Hauser on ESPN.

feedback