[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Would MU recruit Wade, Butler, Crowder in 2021?  (Read 6873 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Would MU recruit Wade, Butler, Crowder in 2021?
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:23:08 PM »
Sometimes I ask myself this question, and I think it resonates how the program has completely lost its identity. We’ve sold our soul or, more aptly, Wojo has sold our soul.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Would MU recruit Wade, Butler, Crowder in 2021?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »
Bigger question is if MU would admit them. And that pre-dated Wojo's arrival.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 03:27:45 PM »
Butler, maybe.   He had a path to graduation and 3 years. Crowder, no.  He had no path to graduation.  Wade... Not sure.   Partial qualifying really doesn't exist.   Maybe a year at prep school?

None of that is Wojo's fault.   Even though it is only a decade or two, it is a different world.

No.  They all used up their eligibility years ago.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:33:27 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 03:30:58 PM »
Sometimes I ask myself this question, and I think it resonates how the program has completely lost its identity. We’ve sold our soul or, more aptly, Wojo has sold our soul.

Yeah, Wojo has nothing to do with this question.

But to answer it, my understanding is Maybe (partial qualifier isn't a thing anymore), Yes, No. And that's okay as long as they occasionally bring in equally talented basketball players instead. Well, maybe expecting equal talent as Wade is unreasonable, but the other two. That hasn't happened since Jae graduated.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »
Would MU cover up players attacking the public, gang raping students, recruiting (albeit minor violations)? See it goes both ways you can't lament that we aren't recruiting Buzz guys but not take the bad that was happening as well
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 03:42:39 PM »
Would MU cover up players attacking the public, gang raping students, recruiting (albeit minor violations)? See it goes both ways you can't lament that we aren't recruiting Buzz guys but not take the bad that was happening as well

Jucos = rape?  Nice broad brush there.

To answer the OP...

Probably not but they will post the heck out of them on social media.  Gotta get that clout.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 03:48:10 PM »
Jesus...this is insane. Attacking the public? What exactly does that mean? Gang raping students? What!?!?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »
Jucos = rape?  Nice broad brush there.

To answer the OP...

Probably not but they will post the heck out of them on social media.  Gotta get that clout.

No he's lamenting over two buzz guys. You can't complain about not getting those guys without some thought as to why we stopped in the first place. This poster has stated he was not at MU yet during that time so perhaps he was unaware of the history that started making MU say "were done with those guys"

Jesus...this is insane. Attacking the public? What exactly does that mean? Gang raping students? What!?!?

I'm sorry are you using selective memory or have you forgotten Vander punching a guy at Qdoba, the entire teams publicized brawl at Apartment 720, the two gang rapes that happened in the 2010/11 school year, the Scott monarch violation and Juan Anderson violation.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:54:52 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »
Which of the three players I listed participated in any of the absurdity you just mentioned?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 03:57:23 PM »
Butler, maybe.   He had a path to graduation and 3 years. Crowder, no.  He had no path to graduation.  Wade... Not sure.   Partial qualifying really doesn't exist.   Maybe a year at prep school?

None of that is Wojo's fault.   Even though it is only a decade or two, it is a different world.

No.  They all used up their eligibility years ago.

Jimmy was a qualifier out of HS, he just didn’t have offers so he went JUCO. So yes.

Wade would be a qualifier now. He was admitted because Crean, Cords, and Wild found him to be a high character kid who could do well given the resources and opportunities. So yes.

Crowder? No.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

panda

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
No he's lamenting over two buzz guys. You can't complain about not getting those guys without some thought as to why we stopped in the first place. This poster has stated he was not at MU yet during that time so perhaps he was unaware of the history that started making MU say "were done with those guys"

I'm sorry are you using selective memory or have you forgotten Vander punching a guy at Qdoba, the entire teams publicized brawl at Apartment 720, the two gang rapes that happened in the 2010/11 school year, the Scott monarch violation and Juan Anderson violation.

In regards to the qdoba incident.

The player was being harassed by a highly intoxicated student. He shouldn’t have punched him, but I don’t fault him for doing it either.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 04:11:06 PM »
In regards to the qdoba incident.

The player was being harassed by a highly intoxicated student. He shouldn’t have punched him, but I don’t fault him for doing it either.

Yes.  And there are versions of the story that portray the highly intoxicated student in a bad light.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 04:14:23 PM »
Yes.  And there are versions of the story that portray the highly intoxicated student in a bad light.

I've heard it ranging from being called Vander orange to the student calling him the N word. If you can't shrug off Vander orange at 18 then you take yourself too serious and if it was the later then the student should have been reported but got what he deserved.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 04:16:08 PM »

That's a tall horse you're up on. Be careful getting down.

1) Vander acted like 18 year old. Once. 
2) A bunch of players acted like Sig Eps.  Once.
3) Scott Monarch lied about a ride to Chicago and some tee shirts.
4) Juan Anderson went to a Brewers game.

1-4 is like a dull weekend during Al's tenure. 

And everything I have heard about the rape incidents indicated that it was a walk on who came from a well respected academic institution and his parents were loaded.

If you know different, then talk.  You dance around this stuff all the time and you do it in a way that reflects poorly on Jimmy, Jae, DJO, etc.  It's BS and it's really low rent.  Those guys don't deserve to be dragged on this.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
Wojo has sold our soul.
??? What in the world does this mean.
Your hatred for Wojo is clouding your judgment.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 04:24:30 PM »

And everything I have heard about the rape incidents indicated that it was a walk on who came from a well respected academic institution and his parents were loaded.

If you know different, then talk.  You dance around this stuff all the time and you do it in a way that reflects poorly on Jimmy, Jae, DJO, etc.  It's BS and it's really low rent.  Those guys don't deserve to be dragged on this.

He has talked about it in more detail a few times.

Monarch, Juan and Vander were not big problems. Shouldn't be lumped in with the other stuff.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 05:05:20 PM »
Basketball players don’t behave any differently than much of the student population. I’m by no means “woke,” but this thread is certainly something else.

panda

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »
I wonder why the program hasn’t distanced itself from Crowder? Seems hypocritical.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 06:25:47 PM »
One of the players named above was involved.

The gang rape resulted in at least one “starter” being dismissed from the program after the season. And the handling of it was brutally terrible.

Montrerale Clark was scheduled to play for Marquette until he was put (still is?) in jail for raping a girl.

The “final straw” in “messing with happy” was when MU would not allow a recruit who attempted to light a girl’s hair on fire with a Bunsen burner in science lab into MU (fire department had to be called). Admin bent over backwards and stretched the rules time and again, but MU finally stood its ground and Buzz was out the door. Kid was quickly kicked out of the program that did take him for behavioral issues.

And no, I will not name names. The only one I will is the one who was convicted in the court of law.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:35:32 PM by WithoutBias »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 06:33:03 PM »
Jimmy was a qualifier out of HS, he just didn’t have offers so he went JUCO. So yes.

Wade would be a qualifier now. He was admitted because Crean, Cords, and Wild found him to be a high character kid who could do well given the resources and opportunities. So yes.

Crowder? No.
I’ve heard this pro Crean/No Buzz opinions from another scooper named Chico’s.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 07:11:02 PM »
I wonder why the program hasn’t distanced itself from Crowder? Seems hypocritical.

Personally, I don't see it that way. Crowder left before obtaining a degree in order to make millions in his chosen profession. That's something to be celebrated. I feel the same way about Vander and Henry. I understand why others see it differently.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 07:41:46 PM »
I don't care about Monarch or Juan.

I don't really care about the brawl either. I witnessed Dom and Jerel beat on my roommate for a few seconds (while Wes and another watched). So that isn't isolated to JUCOs or whatever group.

The alleged sexual assault is a big deal.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »

I look at it as team bonding
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 08:09:09 PM »

Wait, what!?!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2021, 08:19:48 PM »
I look at it as team bonding
This made me lol.