Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1875664 times)

warriorchick

• All American
!
« Reply #7375 on: September 22, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
I would like to try a pickle and pimento loaf.

Ew no!  I have PTSD from opening up my lunchbox as a kid and finding that in my sandwich.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #7376 on: September 22, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »
Go dawgs

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7377 on: September 22, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
Ew no!  I have PTSD from opening up my lunchbox as a kid and finding that in my sandwich.

Well, I'm old though.  Maybe it's an old person loaf.  I like pickles.  I'm not really sure what pimentos are, though.

And now I do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimiento

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7378 on: September 22, 2019, 11:10:47 AM »
Well, I'm old though.  Maybe it's an old person loaf.  I like pickles.  I'm not really sure what pimentos are, though.

And now I do.

Did not enjoy the pimiento cheese sandwich at ANGC. Gross.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7379 on: September 22, 2019, 01:12:20 PM »

And now I do.

So ya still interested in trying the "loaf?"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7380 on: September 22, 2019, 02:53:30 PM »
  not really that bad actually.  kinda like bologna with little peppers stuck in there.  olive loaf is good too.  toasted ciabatta bun, mayo, habanero cheddar and tomato, yessiree bob, now that's a samich right there.  just don't ask what's in the "loaf" part 
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7381 on: September 22, 2019, 02:55:44 PM »
  not really that bad actually.  kinda like bologna with little peppers stuck in there.  olive loaf is good too.  toasted ciabatta bun, mayo, habanero cheddar and tomato, yessiree bob, now that's a samich right there.  just don't ask what's in the "loaf" part

Kinda like sausage or hot dogs, eh?

jesmu84

• All American

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7383 on: September 26, 2019, 11:33:49 PM »
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/tom-crean-wants-you-to-follow-his-daughter-on-instagram

Fine by me.  Neither Megan nor her mom wanted to leave MKE in the first place. Only sane ones in the family.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7384 on: September 27, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »
Times have certainly changed. Fathers telling a wide audience of mostly strangers to "follow" their hot daughters?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7385 on: September 27, 2019, 09:25:09 AM »
I think TCT could use a little sunscreen
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #7387 on: September 27, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »
Did not enjoy the pimiento cheese sandwich at ANGC. Gross.
Couldn't agree more.  Horrible.  The $3 BBQ sandwich on the other hand....
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7388 on: September 27, 2019, 11:45:35 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  Horrible.  The $3 BBQ sandwich on the other hand....

Everything else was fantastic!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7389 on: September 27, 2019, 11:46:21 AM »
Times have certainly changed. Fathers Presidents of the United States telling a wide audience of mostly strangers to "follow" their hot daughters?

FIFY

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7390 on: September 27, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »
JB has this one covered.

JB's already following ZFB's daughter.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7391 on: September 27, 2019, 01:33:10 PM »
JB's already following ZFB's daughter.

She's 4. So right in BeeJay"s wheelhouse.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7392 on: September 27, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
I don't intend to re-ignite the Warriors debate, but the Menomonee Falls School District is considering switching from the long-used Indians nickname.

I attended Menomonee Falls North HS in the late '70s as an Indian. At the time, MF East was the Titans. The schools merged back into a single Menomonee Falls HS in the mid-1980s, and the Indians nickname was retained. Part of the rationale was that before the second HS was built, the single MFHS used the the Indians name.

There was a public meeting about the issue, and the information I heard was that three Native Americans spoke on the record, and all three support keeping the Indians name.

I moved away long ago, and don't follow the sports teams so I don't have as strong an interest in this as I did in the Warriors issue. I just thought it was interesting.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7393 on: September 27, 2019, 03:37:34 PM »
I don't intend to re-ignite the Warriors debate, but the Menomonee Falls School District is considering switching from the long-used Indians nickname.

I attended Menomonee Falls North HS in the late '70s as an Indian. At the time, MF East was the Titans. The schools merged back into a single Menomonee Falls HS in the mid-1980s, and the Indians nickname was retained. Part of the rationale was that before the second HS was built, the single MFHS used the the Indians name.

There was a public meeting about the issue, and the information I heard was that three Native Americans spoke on the record, and all three support keeping the Indians name.

I moved away long ago, and don't follow the sports teams so I don't have as strong an interest in this as I did in the Warriors issue. I just thought it was interesting.

the menomonee falls banana hammocks-not as good as shockers, but hard to be offended by an inanimate object and not as potentially offensive as "trojans"
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7394 on: September 27, 2019, 03:52:50 PM »

Are they changing the name of the town too? It seems that the two are historically linked.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7395 on: September 27, 2019, 04:15:23 PM »
the menomonee falls banana hammocks-not as good as shockers, but hard to be offended by an inanimate object and not as potentially offensive as "trojans"

I could probably get behind Banana Trojans.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7396 on: September 28, 2019, 10:14:25 AM »
Wife is out of town, so movie night for my 11 and 13 year old boys.  Definiately watching movies mom would disapprove of.

Vote:
Aliens
Die Hard
Terminator
Fight Club

Not sure I want to show them Fight Club yet.  They may be too young to appreciate its awesomeness.

And yes, I know I should wait until Christmas season for Die Hard, but I tried it last year and was very.strongly.vetoed, so it's on the list now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:16:42 AM by mu_hilltopper »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7397 on: September 28, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »
Wife is out of town, so movie night for my 11 and 13 year old boys.  Definiately watching movies mom would disapprove of.

Vote:
Aliens
Die Hard
Terminator
Fight Club

Not sure I want to show them Fight Club yet.  They may be too young to appreciate its awesomeness.

And yes, I know I should wait until Christmas season for Die Hard, but I tried it last year and was very.strongly.vetoed, so it's on the list now.

Predator and Commando back to back?

Maybe a night cap with Cobra?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7398 on: September 28, 2019, 01:08:32 PM »

Vote:
Aliens
Die Hard
Terminator
Fight Club

Aliens. No question.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7399 on: September 28, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »
Blazing Saddles