[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1945030 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #6300 on: April 09, 2019, 09:42:31 AM »

Witch den leeds ta a 'hole host of problems, hey?

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #6303 on: April 10, 2019, 07:44:08 PM »

But how will people tell the difference?

Because it's normally a nasty brown color

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #6304 on: April 10, 2019, 07:53:30 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6305 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:44 PM »

That's every day in a BART station.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6306 on: April 10, 2019, 10:18:03 PM »

But if you put green dye in a nasty brown river, doesn’t it just turn a slightly different shade of nasty brown? Like baby poop maybe?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6307 on: April 10, 2019, 11:41:26 PM »
That's every day in a BART station.

nah, it's full on poop on the ground in San Fran.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #6308 on: April 11, 2019, 12:51:11 AM »
Walking around SF is like walking inside the world's largest outdoor urinal.

The homeless problem in LA, SF, Portland, and Seattle is staggering. The stench of urine, piles of human fecal matter, and discarded syringes is not limited to the ever present blue tarp encampments which are little more than garbage dumps.

A colleague lives in a $3 MM condo in a south lake union high rise. Immediately outside his building is a homeless camp.

The homeless issue is tribute to terrible policy, misguided intention, and tragic misunderstanding of human nature. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6309 on: April 11, 2019, 05:12:34 AM »
  remember when that dude, james schoemperlan got the schnit beat out of him by the police for p!ssing in public back in 1982?  send these cops over to supervise the homeless "camps"
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #6310 on: April 11, 2019, 08:47:09 AM »

The homeless problem in LA, SF, Portland, and Seattle is staggering. The stench of urine, piles of human fecal matter, and discarded syringes is not limited to the ever present blue tarp encampments which are little more than garbage dumps.

A colleague lives in a $3 MM condo in a south lake union high rise. Immediately outside his building is a homeless camp.

The homeless issue is tribute to terrible policy, misguided intention, and tragic misunderstanding of human nature.
When I was last in SF in the summer of 2014, we saw a City worker, dressed in a City of SF vest, relieving himself in the street, with a lot of people walking by.  No one seems to care, though some are literally giving a chit......
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6311 on: April 11, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »

A new documentary.  This may have been mentioned on scoop so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6312 on: April 11, 2019, 09:21:17 AM »

I haven't been to the left coast in quite a few years, but I can only imagine. I saw my first large-scale homelessness in Seattle maybe twenty years ago when the problem was just a fraction of what it has become. Now we have a homeless problem here in Rochester - brutal winters and all - so it must be unimaginable in larger, more temperate cities.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6313 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »

I haven't been to the left coast in quite a few years, but I can only imagine. I saw my first large-scale homelessness in Seattle maybe twenty years ago when the problem was just a fraction of what it has become. Now we have a homeless problem here in Rochester - brutal winters and all - so it must be unimaginable in larger, more temperate cities.

The tent city was half a mile from my office.  a fellow MU alum who’s an RN works at a clinic that happened to be adjacent to the encampment.  She had some amazing stories of what went on.  Sad.

One takeaway from it.... many well intentioned do-gooders perpetuated the problem with misguided actions. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:42:22 PM by real chili 83 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6314 on: April 11, 2019, 02:25:16 PM »
$6 tickets to Hawaii via Arbys.  Or something. 

https://arbys.com/aloha

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #6315 on: April 11, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »
A new documentary.  This may have been mentioned on scoop so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Thanks for sharing. I had not seen that video.

The issue in Seattle is that the City Council has emasculated the Seattle Police Department. SPD cannot recruit officers and many are leaving to work for more money and greater authority in Seattle's wealthy east side suburbs.

Seattle's political elites have stripped the SPD of power while also focusing on ridiculous "issues" like banning plastic straws, imposing an unconstitutional tax on people who work in the city, implementing an irrational $15 minimum wage, creating a tax payer funded "Democracy Voucher" program, unionizing shared ride drivers, outlawing the term "brown bag" as "racially and economically insensitive."

What is amazing is that if you drive across the floating bridge to Mercer Island the homeless presence is zero. Go another mile to Bellevue and the homeless presence is zero.

Because east side communities have politicians who have passed laws against vagrancy, drug use, littering, pan handling, theft, vandalism, and breaking and entering, and where one may and may not relieve themselves. More importantly, they have empowered their police departments to enforce these laws. There is not a problem with homelessness in Mercer Island, Bellevue, Medina, Clyde Hill, Redmond, Yarrow Point, and Kirkland. Citizens in these communities are not stepping in piles of human waste, inhaling the stench of urine, dodging syringes, wading through trash, and being subjected to constant pan handling.

A friend who lives about a quarter mile from the MSFT campus in an exclusive development had a "Mobile Home" show up on her street in Redmond. The Winnebago was dumping sewage on the street and was an opium den and brothel on wheels.

The tenants had a sign that said they were legally parked. The Redmond PD conducted an investigation and on the 3rd day had the eye sore towed away. The "tenants" were on the street outraged and as soon as they started throwing things the police arrested them.   

Seattle, like Portland, LA, and especially SF, is struggling with homelessness and all of its attendant problems because the political leadership is out of touch.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6316 on: April 11, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »

So you can fly to Honolulu, but they'll only let you go to Arby's to buy their "Hawaiian" sandwiches?

Their marketing director must have been overcome by meat sweats....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6317 on: April 11, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »

Fricking genius.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #6318 on: April 11, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #6319 on: April 12, 2019, 01:11:15 AM »

The issue in Seattle is that the City Council has emasculated the Seattle Police Department. SPD cannot recruit officers and many are leaving to work for more money and greater authority in Seattle's wealthy east side suburbs.

Seattle's political elites have stripped the SPD of power while also focusing on ridiculous "issues" like banning plastic straws, imposing an unconstitutional tax on people who work in the city, implementing an irrational $15 minimum wage, creating a tax payer funded "Democracy Voucher" program, unionizing shared ride drivers, outlawing the term "brown bag" as "racially and economically insensitive."

What is amazing is that if you drive across the floating bridge to Mercer Island the homeless presence is zero. Go another mile to Bellevue and the homeless presence is zero.

Because east side communities have politicians who have passed laws against vagrancy, drug use, littering, pan handling, theft, vandalism, and breaking and entering, and where one may and may not relieve themselves. More importantly, they have empowered their police departments to enforce these laws. There is not a problem with homelessness in Mercer Island, Bellevue, Medina, Clyde Hill, Redmond, Yarrow Point, and Kirkland. Citizens in these communities are not stepping in piles of human waste, inhaling the stench of urine, dodging syringes, wading through trash, and being subjected to constant pan handling.

A friend who lives about a quarter mile from the MSFT campus in an exclusive development had a "Mobile Home" show up on her street in Redmond. The Winnebago was dumping sewage on the street and was an opium den and brothel on wheels.

The tenants had a sign that said they were legally parked. The Redmond PD conducted an investigation and on the 3rd day had the eye sore towed away. The "tenants" were on the street outraged and as soon as they started throwing things the police arrested them.   

Seattle, like Portland, LA, and especially SF, is struggling with homelessness and all of its attendant problems because the political leadership is out of touch.

So Seattle has a homeless problem because the SPD doesn't arrest enough people?  Not sure I'd patent that math.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6320 on: April 12, 2019, 03:32:45 AM »

Single use plastics are definitely a real problem.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #6321 on: April 12, 2019, 03:57:28 AM »
So Seattle has a homeless problem because the SPD doesn't arrest enough people?  Not sure I'd patent that math.

Watch the video glow posted.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6322 on: April 12, 2019, 09:14:29 AM »

The documentary is done pretty even handedly by what I believe is one of the local news affiliates.  It certainly doesn't smack of a political hit piece.  Cities like Seattle and San Francisco have problems.  What the documentary suggests is that local officials have politicized the problem by refusing to acknowledge the root cause.  They also point out how cities like Providence, RI have dealt with it.

Seattle is a beautiful place.  My son now lives/works there.  But I have personally seen what is described and there is no doubt it's a significant problem.  The question is will there be enough momentum in the local community to force eventual action.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6323 on: April 12, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »

Wow, Rochester has really changed since I lived there... my buddy and I always used to joke that the city had an excellent program to deal with the homeless population: winter. 

Though admittedly, we knew exactly where the homeless guy lived (in the subway near Damon Parkade IIRC).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6324 on: April 12, 2019, 09:56:16 AM »
The documentary is done pretty even handedly by what I believe is one of the local news affiliates.  It certainly doesn't smack of a political hit piece.  Cities like Seattle and San Francisco have problems.  What the documentary suggests is that local officials have politicized the problem by refusing to acknowledge the root cause.  They also point out how cities like Providence, RI have dealt with it.

Seattle is a beautiful place.  My son now lives/works there.  But I have personally seen what is described and there is no doubt it's a significant problem.  The question is will there be enough momentum in the local community to force eventual action.

Because the root cause (more accurately, the primary catalyst to the root cause) brings in a lot of tax dollars now that it's been legalized.

feedback