[Today at 08:58:18 AM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Who Will Score? by TAMU Eagle
[Today at 08:44:05 AM]

2022-23 Non-Con Schedule by Dr. Blackheart
[July 05, 2022, 04:27:34 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by #Unleash?
[July 05, 2022, 01:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 48831 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2022, 05:44:02 PM »
I'm just now watching No Way Home.

Granted, I'm only halfway through.

This is bad

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2022, 08:05:40 PM »
Strange was dumb.

The post endgame direction is gonna make a lot of these movies difficult for me.

Not into the overall direction of the multiverse and magic.

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2022, 08:24:27 PM »
Just got back from Strange. Meh.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2022, 08:24:54 PM »
I liked it

brewcity77

• All American
  • SJW is a badge of honor, not a pejorative.
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #429 on: May 07, 2022, 07:36:27 AM »
I like magic MCU & the turn to a more comic book nature of the world. I really enjoyed Strange from an aesthetic perspective and my biggest worry was that they would overreach with all the storyline rumors, but they kept it tight and cohesive. The fan service was also excellent.

We're seeing the MCU expand so it has genres within the genre. What I loved about the early MCU was how you had different genres contained in the overall universe. You had the spy movie Winter Soldier, the space opera Guardians of the Galaxy, the heist movie Ant-Man, and they brought all those together for the Avengers/Infinity events.

With the series option, they can expand on that. The spy movie is now its own genre (F&WS, Black Widow, Hawkeye). So are cosmic (Guardians, Thor, Eternals, Marvels), magic (Strange, WandaVision), mech suit (Iron Man, Armor Wars, Ironheart), and many others to come. I expect this is how we'll come to Fantastic Four, X-Men, and other properties, by carving out a corner inside the genre.

Anything that gives us this much world building and fan service I'm going to love. It's everything 1990s me ever wanted.
Why won't Kur Kuath answer my DMs?
He blocked me.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #430 on: May 07, 2022, 08:31:36 AM »
I like magic MCU & the turn to a more comic book nature of the world. I really enjoyed Strange from an aesthetic perspective and my biggest worry was that they would overreach with all the storyline rumors, but they kept it tight and cohesive. The fan service was also excellent.

We're seeing the MCU expand so it has genres within the genre. What I loved about the early MCU was how you had different genres contained in the overall universe. You had the spy movie Winter Soldier, the space opera Guardians of the Galaxy, the heist movie Ant-Man, and they brought all those together for the Avengers/Infinity events.

With the series option, they can expand on that. The spy movie is now its own genre (F&WS, Black Widow, Hawkeye). So are cosmic (Guardians, Thor, Eternals, Marvels), magic (Strange, WandaVision), mech suit (Iron Man, Armor Wars, Ironheart), and many others to come. I expect this is how we'll come to Fantastic Four, X-Men, and other properties, by carving out a corner inside the genre.

Anything that gives us this much world building and fan service I'm going to love. It's everything 1990s me ever wanted.

I don’t know how tight and cohesive I’d call it but it was fine from a popcorn viewing experience.  Sam Raimi was certainly the director given the various devices used throughout the film.  Had more recalls to Darkman than Spider-Man from a directing standpoint in my mind but that’s fine. 

Very curious of the one cameo and if that’s the future of that character and friends or if that was strictly a fan service moment given the casting wishes of the fans

Was legit surprised at the first post-credit scene and excited for that particular character/actress and potential storylines
Tis a shame, 'tis a rotton shame, for if ye can enjoy the walkin’ ye can probably enjoy the other times in yer life when ve're in between. And that's most o' the time; wouldn't ye say?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #431 on: May 07, 2022, 08:55:48 AM »
I have not seen yet but read the Rolling Stone interview with Sam last week.  He said it was a difficult film to make because it was a sequel to 3 Marvel movies and shows and the fact that they were still writing parts of the script due to tight Disney requested deadlines.  He said making this film reinvigorated him as a director.  He wants to make Spiderman 4 or another Marvel move and Tobey McGuire and Kristen Dunst were two of the best actors he ever worked with.  (At some point he was working to make some other movie with the both of them but it didn't pan out )

I will hope to see in the next week or so

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #432 on: May 07, 2022, 09:28:00 AM »
I don’t know how tight and cohesive I’d call it but it was fine from a popcorn viewing experience.  Sam Raimi was certainly the director given the various devices used throughout the film.  Had more recalls to Darkman than Spider-Man from a directing standpoint in my mind but that’s fine. 

Very curious of the one cameo and if that’s the future of that character and friends or if that was strictly a fan service moment given the casting wishes of the fans

Was legit surprised at the first post-credit scene and excited for that particular character/actress and potential storylines

Considering the potential of venturing into more of the What If? storylines, more multiple villain options that were foreshadowed, and how many universes were glimpsed but not explored, it could've been far less cohesive. Boiling it to the characters and relatively straight line plot they did made for a better movie from a popcorn plot perspective.

My guess is that one cameo you allude to was just a one-off. 10 years ago, it's probably the long-term foreshadow, but I think they'll go in a different direction, especially as that project may be delayed with recent developments.

And agree on that post credit reveal. Gave me the same "oh we're doing this" vibes that seeing Patton Oswalt as Pip and Harry Styles as Starfox gave in the Eternals post credits.
He blocked me.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #433 on: May 16, 2022, 08:25:30 AM »

I finally saw Dr. Strange 2 over the weekend.  An entertaining film. 

Like Uncle Rico, I'm curious of the one cameo and if that’s the future of that character and friends or if that was strictly a fan service moment given the casting wishes of the fans.  In the same scene/part of the movie is that an official introduction for another character (the film has already been announced with no casting names) since these characters are nearly the same in all multi-verses?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2022, 10:09:39 PM »
Ms Marvel is pure joy. Aesthetically creative, excellent casting, for my money the best pilot so far. Really enjoyed the first episode.
He blocked me.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #435 on: June 08, 2022, 10:47:48 PM »
Ms Marvel is pure joy. Aesthetically creative, excellent casting, for my money the best pilot so far. Really enjoyed the first episode.

Eh, wasn’t a fan. Probably my second least favorite pilot behind Wandavision.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2022, 05:21:28 AM »
Eh, wasn’t a fan. Probably my second least favorite pilot behind Wandavision.
Sexist

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2022, 08:20:41 PM »
Ms Marvel remains awesome. Quite possibly the best MCU series so far. Captures the mix of teen angst, parental drama, and the supernatural that made Buffy such a brilliantly relatable superhero show. Not to mention awesome aesthetics, the by far best lead casting so far, and the most comic book feel of any show so far. The definition of joy on screen.
He blocked me.