[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 72383 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2023, 08:11:28 PM »
That was dark.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2023, 09:29:02 PM »
See that’s interesting Brew, I’ve enjoyed all of the Marvel TV shows besides Ms. Marvel, I couldn’t even get past episode 3

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was also pretty “meh” for me. Karli Morgenthau just so obnoxious but I did manage to finish jt.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #477 on: July 02, 2023, 07:42:12 PM »
Fun little twist.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2023, 11:56:29 AM »
Very interested to see who Emilia Clarke is playing. Because my guess is there's a real Emilia Clarke body that was the G'iah pre-shell and we'll find out who that is. My short list of candidates would include Jessica Drew, Rogue, and Heather Hudson, but my guess is that's Abigail Brand before she meets Nick Fury.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #479 on: July 06, 2023, 12:15:13 PM »
Very interested to see who Emilia Clarke is playing. Because my guess is there's a real Emilia Clarke body that was the G'iah pre-shell and we'll find out who that is. My short list of candidates would include Jessica Drew, Rogue, and Heather Hudson, but my guess is that's Abigail Brand before she meets Nick Fury.

Gravik or Nick Fury are idiots.  Maybe both. 

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #480 on: July 26, 2023, 06:41:53 AM »
The first two episodes of Secret Invasion felt like the show had a lot of promise, but the more I watched (and rewatching those episodes) the less I liked it. Finishing it today, I would say this was the worst property the MCU has put out, and I'm not sure it's even particularly close. Worse than Hulk or Dark World or Black Widow. Which sucks because we got some excellent acting performances throughout from Olivia Colman and Kingsley Ben-Adir. But man, just a complete failure on so many levels. I come away liking pretty much nothing about the show.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 06:45:48 AM by brewcity77 »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #481 on: July 26, 2023, 06:45:35 AM »
Spoilers in gray, this is as close to the background as I could get it. Quote or highlight to read, scroll past to ignore.

• It was so predictable that Nick wasn't really going into New Skrullos. It was obviously G'iah, and she obviously got the same powers Gravik did with the Harvest delivered. But seriously...that was your plan?!? Give Gravik the powers of every hero in the final Endgame battle and hope G'iah would beat him? I mean, you are creating essentially a Thanos level villian and hoping the one person you send along can take him down.
  • So now we've got a Skrull with the powers of Captain Marvel and Ebony Maw, the strength of Drax and Cull Obsidian, and pretty much every other possible power currently in the MCU? That's just...dumb.
  • So we still don't know decisively when Rhodey was taken? Kind of important information. I figure it has to be after Civil War (due to needing surgery that would've revealed his Skrull self) but probably before Falcon & Winter Soldier since Feige said he's been a Skrull in other appearances.
  • 38 minutes? Again? You set all that up and it's just 38 minutes? With no post-credit scene, no extra characters, and no real additional significance for the greater MCU? I mean...if this story doesn't happen, does it matter? What did we get out of it, the president revealing there are Skrulls? The presence of fury, the existence of Gravik's revolution, tie-ins to Brave New World and Thunderbolts and Marvels, we didn't get any of that?
  • All the DNA was in one vial? What a ridiculous MacGuffin.
  • I'm still mad about the "assassination attempt" on the president. In a world of super-powered people, he didn't have a single super-powered person in his detail? Unless you count Skrull Rhodey, who didn't even suit up for a token "I'll save you, sir" moment?
  • I get that Fury didn't want his "I collected your DNA" revealed to heroes, but from the guy who got "the Avengers" for his mid-life crisis, wouldn't you use that tool rather than risk destruction of the world?
  • I loved Gravik as a villain for about 4 episodes, but dude completely lost it, killed all his own people, and lost any claim to his argument. You can't tell me you care about the cause you are fighting for when you kill all the Skrulls in New Skrullos. Which completely took the righteousness out of his character. They basically created another Killmonger, then destroyed him in that moment. Just dumb.
  • There's a million other reason I hated this show. It got to the point where I just finished it because I was already committed. But watching it alongside Jack Ryan for a few weeks, which showed how to do a spy story that worked, what a colossal failure. Just a trash fire of a product.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 07:08:48 AM by brewcity77 »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2023, 08:05:00 AM »
Spoilers in gray, this is as close to the background as I could get it. Quote or highlight to read, scroll past to ignore.

• It was so predictable that Nick wasn't really going into New Skrullos. It was obviously G'iah, and she obviously got the same powers Gravik did with the Harvest delivered. But seriously...that was your plan?!? Give Gravik the powers of every hero in the final Endgame battle and hope G'iah would beat him? I mean, you are creating essentially a Thanos level villian and hoping the one person you send along can take him down.
  • So now we've got a Skrull with the powers of Captain Marvel and Ebony Maw, the strength of Drax and Cull Obsidian, and pretty much every other possible power currently in the MCU? That's just...dumb.
  • So we still don't know decisively when Rhodey was taken? Kind of important information. I figure it has to be after Civil War (due to needing surgery that would've revealed his Skrull self) but probably before Falcon & Winter Soldier since Feige said he's been a Skrull in other appearances.
  • 38 minutes? Again? You set all that up and it's just 38 minutes? With no post-credit scene, no extra characters, and no real additional significance for the greater MCU? I mean...if this story doesn't happen, does it matter? What did we get out of it, the president revealing there are Skrulls? The presence of fury, the existence of Gravik's revolution, tie-ins to Brave New World and Thunderbolts and Marvels, we didn't get any of that?
  • All the DNA was in one vial? What a ridiculous MacGuffin.
  • I'm still mad about the "assassination attempt" on the president. In a world of super-powered people, he didn't have a single super-powered person in his detail? Unless you count Skrull Rhodey, who didn't even suit up for a token "I'll save you, sir" moment?
  • I get that Fury didn't want his "I collected your DNA" revealed to heroes, but from the guy who got "the Avengers" for his mid-life crisis, wouldn't you use that tool rather than risk destruction of the world?
  • I loved Gravik as a villain for about 4 episodes, but dude completely lost it, killed all his own people, and lost any claim to his argument. You can't tell me you care about the cause you are fighting for when you kill all the Skrulls in New Skrullos. Which completely took the righteousness out of his character. They basically created another Killmonger, then destroyed him in that moment. Just dumb.
  • There's a million other reason I hated this show. It got to the point where I just finished it because I was already committed. But watching it alongside Jack Ryan for a few weeks, which showed how to do a spy story that worked, what a colossal failure. Just a trash fire of a product.

And don’t even get me started in the woke ending.  I’m boycotting Disney again after that kiss
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2023, 04:18:48 PM »
Secret Invasion was the one project I was looking forward too. Get away from multi verse and more into the spy thriller stuff.

Wooooooof.

Struggling to finish ep 3. Every epsiode is worse than the previous.

Marvel is on life support.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #484 on: December 18, 2023, 03:14:30 PM »
Majors guilty of 2 charges

That my be the official end of Kang

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #485 on: December 18, 2023, 03:56:43 PM »
Majors guilty of 2 charges

That my be the official end of Kang

I've seen a lot of unofficial reports the last month that Marvel has already decided to move on from the Kang storyline and avoid recasting, but we'll see.

The wife and I made our way through Secret Invasion recently.  It was OK, but there really were way way too many shocking events for the short series that felt way unnecessary and the ending also left the Marvel universe with an apparent major unresolved issue going forward.

I have not watched Loki S2 yet.

Daughter #2 came home from college on Saturday and we made a point to see The Marvels on Sunday before it completely disappears from theaters probably this week.  The film moved at a good pace.  End credit scenes obviously open up other project s going forward.  And maybe indicative of many 2023 thoughts on Marvel, the rainy windy weather tripped the fuse on the lights in the theater while the projector continued to run.  We could hear the sound but not see.  The whole cineplex had the same issue.  The theater fixed and wound back 15 minutes of run time.  It happened again 10 minutes later.  They fixed and rewound again, meanwhile they gave refunds to anyone who asked.  We ended up watching the rest of the film without incident in what became a free showing (other than the popcorn).

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #486 on: December 18, 2023, 04:19:09 PM »
I've seen a lot of unofficial reports the last month that Marvel has already decided to move on from the Kang storyline and avoid recasting, but we'll see.

The wife and I made our way through Secret Invasion recently.  It was OK, but there really were way way too many shocking events for the short series that felt way unnecessary and the ending also left the Marvel universe with an apparent major unresolved issue going forward.

I have not watched Loki S2 yet.

Daughter #2 came home from college on Saturday and we made a point to see The Marvels on Sunday before it completely disappears from theaters probably this week.  The film moved at a good pace.  End credit scenes obviously open up other project s going forward.  And maybe indicative of many 2023 thoughts on Marvel, the rainy windy weather tripped the fuse on the lights in the theater while the projector continued to run.  We could hear the sound but not see.  The whole cineplex had the same issue.  The theater fixed and wound back 15 minutes of run time.  It happened again 10 minutes later.  They fixed and rewound again, meanwhile they gave refunds to anyone who asked.  We ended up watching the rest of the film without incident in what became a free showing (other than the popcorn).

Hes officially out.

I am not the most objective judge because I have been out on most of marvels material for a while now.

But even Loki S2 didnt do a ton for me. It was way better than most other marvel stuff but much weaker than s1 imo. I havent even seen Marvels.

Secret invasion should have never been released.

Im hoping that Echo can surprise. I love the Daredevil/Kingpin stuff so anything on their side of the plot im pumped for. And its a mature rating.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2023, 08:03:10 PM »
Hes officially out.

Secret invasion should have never been released.

Im hoping that Echo can surprise. I love the Daredevil/Kingpin stuff so anything on their side of the plot im pumped for. And its a mature rating.

I just saw that

Secret Invasion - I was thinking they should have Nick Fury wake up and say "I just had this nightmare." so they can forget everything.

Agree on Echo.
I read they went back and reshot 1/2 of the new Daredevil.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #488 on: December 18, 2023, 08:09:37 PM »
Secret Invasion wasted so much potential for a good story. Ultimately the worst MCU product so far.

Loki S2 was fantastic. The full circle stuff they did with that character was excellent.

The Marvels was fine. A good, mid-tier Marvel movie. Not perfect, but fun and moved some big storylines along.

Looking forward to What If? and Echo.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #489 on: December 18, 2023, 09:20:48 PM »
I just saw that

Secret Invasion - I was thinking they should have Nick Fury wake up and say "I just had this nightmare." so they can forget everything.

Agree on Echo.
I read they went back and reshot 1/2 of the new Daredevil.

Im pretty sure they re did all of the new Daredevil. Hired all new writers and scrapped what they had.

Supposedly it was more like a law procedural and DD didnt even costume up until like the 4th episode.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2024, 05:00:07 PM »
Im pretty sure they re did all of the new Daredevil. Hired all new writers and scrapped what they had.

Supposedly it was more like a law procedural and DD didnt even costume up until like the 4th episode.

Desperation has made Marvel smart again.

"If it aint broke dont fix it"

They are bringing everyone back from the netflix daredevil. Might end up with essentially a s4 at this point. So pumped.

Puny and Fisk were always in play. They already righted the wrong bringing back Foggy and Karen two weeks ago. Today it was annoucned Bullseye is back.