collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2024 Season  (Read 20432 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: MLB 2024 Season
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2024, 03:43:10 PM »
Relatedly, Garrett Crochet with one of the more reasonable extension demands I can recall.

Not sure many contending teams will view "extend me or I sit out the playoffs" as reasonable.
Completely understand why his reps would seek (and leak) that, but I think it makes him a less attractive commodity.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 04:05:25 PM by Pakuni »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #476 on: July 25, 2024, 03:47:39 PM »
Not sure many contending teams will view "extend me or I sit out the playoffs" as reasonable.
Completely understand why his reps would see (and leak) that, but I think it makes him a less attractive commodity.

Oh I agree.  But  as-is, its against his best interests to be traded.  If CWS didn't trade him, they'd probably shut him down after what, 5 or fewer more starts?  Not a lot of upside to get dealt and told to get his @$$ out there for another 12-15 starts after piching a dozen innings last year unless he has the security of an extension.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #477 on: Today at 01:29:30 PM »
That's a fun pickup for the Mariners. Arozarena at least is a high energy guy, you cannot hope to win a division hitting the worst average in the MLB that also has the Chicago white sox.