Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8754954 times)

Freeport Warrior

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/17
« Reply #8200 on: July 10, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
Herro's are about winning and winning national titles bottom line. They have put Wisconsin basketball on the map nationally. Tyler Herro has his own brand. Kid is most un-guardable player in history of state maybe. My fear is Hauser sees this and goes to UW. The one thing we have going for us is Herro is probably a 1-2 year guy at UW then NBA. That's really the decision for Hauser, go to UW for a 1-2 year National title window with Herro or play at Marquette two years with your brother and then 2 years with who knows what. We really need Hauser, Gard is getting upper hand in recruiting which is not good. He beat us to the punch on Jalen Johnson also.
I think Herro is about making it to the NBA. And to be honest, I could see that happening -- he's that good when he's "on." I've also seen him implode in some high-profile games and look ridiculously immature. It will be interesting to see how his game evolves. He is a winner, no doubt. But . . . Joey would be better suited with a guy like Markus Howard. No venom, just my opinion.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #8201 on: July 10, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
Can we get all of his previous posts on ScoopTakes?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8202 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »
Can we get all of his previous posts on ScoopTakes?
Click on his name, and then on Previous Posts.  They are 100% about how Herro is a basketball god.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8203 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:37 PM »
Click on his name, and then on Previous Posts.  They are 100% about how Herro is a basketball god.

Not quite.

Herro is a solid player definitely D1, but aren't we trying to get to where Wisconsin is with back to back final fours. Recruiting guys like him will only keep this program average and out of the top 20 and a national factor. Herro is a great shooter but does not play hard on defense which is why I think Bo has not showed any interest so far. We missed out on Koenig's greatness, which was disappointing. I have only seen Herro play twice. Once against Pewaukee 2-4 4 points I believe. He stood at half court most of the second half and pouted. The other time was the opener against Howard Pulley. He had a game to forget with turnovers and poor shooting. How come we haven't offered Jordan Poole yet? He is elite for 2017.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #8204 on: July 10, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »
After watching Koenig play the first two games in summer ball,  it seems the Bucks were very generous in giving him a nice contract.  He will play much better in
a team environment than playing street ball in the summer league games.  To much one and one, not his strength.

It is very obvious that Koenig was given the contract to provide a "big" in-state name for Oshkosh's new D-League team.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #8205 on: July 10, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »
Not quite.

If its not Mr. Herro, it is a masterpiece of imitating Mr. Herro. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8206 on: July 10, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
One of these things is not like the other.

You have revived my faith in man's ability to understand sarcasm.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8207 on: July 10, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »
Not quite.

Tyler musta missed curfew or something to get the old man that fired up

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #8208 on: July 10, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »
I think Herro is about making it to the NBA. And to be honest, I could see that happening -- he's that good when he's "on." I've also seen him implode in some high-profile games and look ridiculously immature. It will be interesting to see how his game evolves. He is a winner, no doubt. But . . . Joey would be better suited with a guy like Markus Howard. No venom, just my opinion.

If he can be immature during the game and implode when his team needs him most, this kid must have some real basketball talent around him to cover for his shortcomings.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8209 on: July 10, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »
If Joey wants to come to MU, he will have some pretty good players around him: juniors Howard and his bro Sam, Anim,  Frohling, Morrow; sophomores John, Eke,  Cain, Elliot, senior Matt, etc. A team that could make some noise. 

Not a bad shot at some nice tourney runs.   We want Joey!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8210 on: July 10, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »
If Joey wants to come to MU, he will have some pretty good players around him: juniors Howard and his bro Sam, Anim,  Frohling, Morrow; sophomores John, Eke,  Cain, Elliot, senior Matt, etc. A team that could make some noise. 

Not a bad shot at some nice tourney runs.   We want Joey!

But you're forgetting that with all the proven UW college talent in Ruevers, Davison, Herro, King, etc. they're a shoe in for the Final Four and a legit Natty title threat!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8211 on: July 10, 2017, 06:38:37 PM »
If he can be immature during the game and implode when his team needs him most, this kid must have some real basketball talent around him to cover for his shortcomings.
I guess that was my initial point. He has always been "the guy" and he CAN takeover a game. He is a very skilled player and has generally not needed others to win in HS and early in AAU. But as he has gotten older, his teams rely on him to do it all. And there have been more than a few times, where he "got his" and his team got destroyed.

I haven't checked lately, but Playground Elite tweets out their main guys stats in the EYBL all the time (Herro, Curtis mostly). Something they don't tweet out is that all those stats have resulted in a 1-15 record. I remember when Deiner, Herro, and McCabe played together for one year in AAU. Herro was by far the best player but the egos and the fact they only play with one ball was an issue. Herro used McCabe for the exposure and then started another team. He is a true alpha dog and it will be interesting to see how he plays with other stars at the next level.

Conversely, Joey plays with the Iowa Barnstormers and they win with a no-frills type of approach with some pretty solid D1 guys. Just seems so much more low-key from these eyes. For instance, Joey could score 20 in a half and you would have no idea from his facial expressions that he was 10/10 from the field. Herro would be jawing, smiling, laughing and loving every minute of it. So, like Big Daddy, I don't care what Evan Flood is saying, I personally just can't see Hauser and Herro playing together at the next level. The end.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8212 on: July 10, 2017, 06:42:53 PM »
Ive never seen Herro play, so I looked him up for the first time today and he is an absolute twig. I thought he was 12 years old, like he looks younger than Diener did when he was a Freshman and that's saying something.

He will get destroyed by some of those bigger B1G guards.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8213 on: July 10, 2017, 07:04:46 PM »
Well, seeing as Hero isn't on the p.1 chart........

8-)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8214 on: July 10, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
I haven't checked lately, but Playground Elite tweets out their main guys stats in the EYBL all the time (Herro, Curtis mostly). Something they don't tweet out is that all those stats have resulted in a 1-15 record.

You mentioned this earlier, but Herro has some excellent games, but he takes a lot of dumps as well. I don't mean this in the wrong way, but his EYBL stats are bad. Curtis was far better - overall, gets a "very good" performance. Herro gets a "bad". Same team.

Herro: 30% usage, 31% shots, 89 ORtg, 47.4% eFG%, 21% turnover rate, 13% FT rate. In other words, shot a ton, but not very well (only 42.6% 2FG%), didn't get to the line much, and turned it over a lot.

Curtis: 26% usage, 24% shots, 113 ORtg, 56.5% eFG%, 15% turnover rate, 56% FT rate.

Herro is better than those numbers, but they are troubling.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8215 on: July 10, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »
"They (The Herros--I assume) have put Wisconsin basketball on the map nationally."

This is so good.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #8216 on: July 10, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
But you're forgetting that with all the proven UW college talent in Ruevers, Davison, Herro, King, etc. they're a shoe in for the Final Four and a legit Natty title threat!
Haha!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8217 on: July 10, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
This is scoop gold. Too bad it had to happen in our one legitimate thread.

Never seen Herro play in person, but have seen some videos. As a CBB fan, curious to see what he does. Seems like next in mine for their most unlikeable player.

I also still don't think this programs fate is in the hands of Joey Hauser. Hope he comes to MU, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8219 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »
This is scoop gold. Too bad it had to happen in our one legitimate thread.

Never seen Herro play in person, but have seen some videos. As a CBB fan, curious to see what he does. Seems like next in mine for their most unlikeable player.

I also still don't think this programs fate is in the hands of Joey Hauser. Hope he comes to MU, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

No worries. It's been a half day fun distraction.  Boy is Bucky nation going to be disappointed when the Blue & Gold gets unveiled.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8220 on: July 10, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »
The guy I thought of when I saw Hauser play was Tom Kleinschmidt. Kleinschmidt was a better driver, but the styles and court awareness are similar. And, Joey doesn't suffer from Tom's biggest weakness - being 6'4.

If Hauser comes to MU and has a Kleinschmidt career, we will all be happy campers

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8221 on: July 10, 2017, 10:02:55 PM »
Teams aren't released yet, but starting to chart out who may be in Vegas for the final evaluation period (I'll be in town)... please add/update if you have time. Just a start...

Jalen Johnson (2020) - Playground Warriors 15U - Fab 48
Nico Mannion  (2020) - Earl Watson Elite 16U - Fab 48 (?)
Josh Green (2019) - Earl Watson Elite 16U - Fab 48
De'Vion Harmon (2019) - RM5 Elite 17U - Fab 48 (?)

Jarvis Thomas - Howard Pulley - LV Classic
Noah Locke - Team Melo - LV Classic (?)

Joey Hauser - Iowa Barnstormers - adidas
Race Thompson - D1 Minnesota - adidas

----
Mark Watts (2019) - The Family 16U -
Khavon Moore - Atlanta Xpress -
Nobal Days (2019) - WI Playground Elite 16U -
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:21:00 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #8222 on: July 10, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »
Watson just verbaled to Ohio State.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8223 on: July 11, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8224 on: July 11, 2017, 12:21:44 AM »
The guy I thought of when I saw Hauser play was Tom Kleinschmidt. Kleinschmidt was a better driver, but the styles and court awareness are similar. And, Joey doesn't suffer from Tom's biggest weakness - being 6'4.

If Hauser comes to MU and has a Kleinschmidt career, we will all be happy campers

Pick 'n Roll Tommy?

<a href="https://youtu.be/YwJDTsAcR0k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtu.be/YwJDTsAcR0k</a>

feedback