Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8465741 times)

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/17
« Reply #8175 on: July 10, 2017, 09:25:43 AM »
I don't always listen to Scoop takes on recruiting.

But when I do, I prefer Big Daddy and Freeport Warrior

Herro's are about winning and winning national titles bottom line. They have put Wisconsin basketball on the map nationally. Tyler Herro has his own brand. Kid is most un-guardable player in history of state maybe. My fear is Hauser sees this and goes to UW. The one thing we have going for us is Herro is probably a 1-2 year guy at UW then NBA. That's really the decision for Hauser, go to UW for a 1-2 year National title window with Herro or play at Marquette two years with your brother and then 2 years with who knows what. We really need Hauser, Gard is getting upper hand in recruiting which is not good. He beat us to the punch on Jalen Johnson also.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #8176 on: July 10, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
Herro's are about winning and winning national titles bottom line. They have put Wisconsin basketball on the map nationally. Tyler Herro has his own brand. Kid is most un-guardable player in history of state maybe. My fear is Hauser sees this and goes to UW. The one thing we have going for us is Herro is probably a 1-2 year guy at UW then NBA. That's really the decision for Hauser, go to UW for a 1-2 year National title window with Herro or play at Marquette two years with your brother and then 2 years with who knows what. We really need Hauser, Gard is getting upper hand in recruiting which is not good. He beat us to the punch on Jalen Johnson also.

Is this a teal post or are you serious?
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8177 on: July 10, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »

Thanks Tyler.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #8178 on: July 10, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »
It's going to be tough for this NOT to be my favorite post of the day.  is it "welcome Mr. Herro, i hope you have a great day and your son does well", or the thinnest veiled trolling in Scoop history?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #8179 on: July 10, 2017, 09:35:20 AM »

I believe Mr. Herro is very serious.  Time will tell how accurate he is...

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #8180 on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8181 on: July 10, 2017, 09:38:02 AM »
This one belongs on @buckyvilletakes.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #8182 on: July 10, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »
Glad to hear from big daddy and freeport for reassuring words.  Quite amazing that Herro is that good but didnt have duke or kentucky calling

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8183 on: July 10, 2017, 09:55:26 AM »

Guess those who have forgotten,  this is the poster who only posts about Tyler Herro. Aka,  Tyler's dad
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8184 on: July 10, 2017, 10:01:44 AM »

Yeah.  If I recall correctly (and I could be misremembering), Herro and his 28(?) year old buddy from Kaukauna(?) are killing it on the AAU circuit.  Really striving for that National Title, which is all the Herros are about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8185 on: July 10, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »

THIS.IS.AWESOME
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #8186 on: July 10, 2017, 10:03:32 AM »
Glad to hear from big daddy and freeport for reassuring words.  Quite amazing that Herro is that good but didnt have duke or kentucky calling

I think the reasons for the blue bloods abstaining are plain to see;  Coach K and Coach Cal didn't want Herro Sr insisting on a coaching change in exchange for his son's commitment.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8187 on: July 10, 2017, 10:37:15 AM »
Herro Ball da new Big Baller Brand, ai'na?

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #8188 on: July 10, 2017, 10:45:59 AM »
I think the reasons for the blue bloods abstaining are plain to see;  Coach K and Coach Cal didn't want Herro Sr insisting on a coaching change in exchange for his son's commitment.
My apologies it was so obvious I failed to see

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8189 on: July 10, 2017, 10:46:49 AM »

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #8190 on: July 10, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »

I don't even know where to begin on this. It did make me laugh though.  1 or 2 years and off to the NBA I guess would be possible with the new 2 way contracts. I saw Herro play at New Berlin Eisenhower last year (with Gard glued to his cellphone playing Candy Crush) and I was TOTALLY unimpressed. Maybe he will develop but as of right now I just don't get the hype.

Good luck TH

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #8191 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:46 AM »
I don't even know where to begin on this. It did make me laugh though.  1 or 2 years and off to the NBA I guess would be possible with the new 2 way contracts. I saw Herro play at New Berlin Eisenhower last year (with Gard glued to his cellphone playing Candy Crush) and I was TOTALLY unimpressed. Maybe he will develop but as of right now I just don't get the hype.

Good luck TH
Go Lions.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8192 on: July 10, 2017, 11:33:36 AM »
Taking a scroll through his old posts make this one even better.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8193 on: July 10, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »
Tyler Herro has his own brand. Kid is most un-guardable player in history of state maybe.

This is a classic. Needs to be remembered for posterity.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8194 on: July 10, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »
Khavon Moore narrowed his list of schools to 12.  Marquette is listed, along with Oklahoma, Providence, Florida, UCLA, Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, USC, Mercer and Georgia.

Mercer is obviously the front runner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8195 on: July 10, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »
Seems like not only does Herro try to copy Koenig's game, but evidently Herro's father likes to copy Koenig's father.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8196 on: July 10, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »
Mercer is obviously the front runner.

One of these things is not like the other.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #8197 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
Seems like not only does Herro try to copy Koenig's game, but evidently Herro's father likes to copy Koenig's father.

After watching Koenig play the first two games in summer ball,  it seems the Bucks were very generous in giving him a nice contract.  He will play much better in
a team environment than playing street ball in the summer league games.  To much one and one, not his strength.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #8198 on: July 10, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor for dislocated shoulder?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #8199 on: July 10, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
This Herro kid sounds like the next Sam Okey!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.