[March 18, 2024, 11:51:09 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8307548 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/20
« Reply #26350 on: May 26, 2020, 12:09:02 PM »
Calling a Spade a Spade means blunt and too the point. The rest of the world is not so politically correct that they don't understand what Mr. Guru means.

Thank you, this is exactly what I have always known it to mean. I didn't even know it had some supposed negative conatation to it. Then again, in this day and age, what doesn't??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26351 on: May 26, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
Calling a Spade a Spade means blunt and too the point. The rest of the world is not so politically correct that they don't understand what Mr. Guru means.

Everyone knows what it means.  That's not really the point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26352 on: May 26, 2020, 12:28:29 PM »
Thank you, this is exactly what I have always known it to mean. I didn't even know it had some supposed negative conatation to it. Then again, in this day and age, what doesn't??

Many things.  It's not hard.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26353 on: May 26, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
U have out done urself with your daily stupidity today.  Maybe it was the long weekend?  Guru didnt use the word u, in typically fake news journalistic fashion, have chosen to inject.  Two wholly different things.  I and other posters may not be as “woke” as you clearly are and see zero racism.  Maybe we should remove that suit of cards from a deck to smooth the feathers of snowflakes like yourself. 
82 u most likely lead this entire board in posts, the majority of them you broadcast yourself as the smartest person in the room and as the board know it all.  You have a particular political tone and slant in almost all of your posts.  Many of your pompous posts are entirely off base and boorish, at best, but this may take the cake.  Ur posts on a daily basis are far more pathetic than guru’s, keep that in mind buddy, u may want to pick the fly crap out of the pepper of your posts before u start doing that for others.

Ah someone let their middle schooler post again. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26354 on: May 26, 2020, 12:35:12 PM »
Many things.  It's not hard.

You made my point...there isn't much you can say these days without it offending someone...what a sad world we live in now

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26355 on: May 26, 2020, 12:42:02 PM »
You made my point...there isn't much you can say these days without it offending someone...what a sad world we live in now

No.  I answered your question - "what doesn't" offend others?  Many things.

I don't know why it is hard to navigate life while learning things that you used to say, now are deemed to have a negative conotation so saying something else might be a better choice.  When that happens to me, as it occasionally does, I say "thank you" and move on.

It's not "sad."  It's an easy thing to do in consideration of someone else.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26356 on: May 26, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
I wish we had separate drinking fountains but it’s a sad world we live in.  Hope we offer some kids soon
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26357 on: May 26, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »
No.  I answered your question - "what doesn't" offend others?  Many things.

I don't know why it is hard to navigate life while learning things that you used to say, now are deemed to have a negative conotation so saying something else might be a better choice.  When that happens to me, as it occasionally does, I say "thank you" and move on.

It's not "sad."  It's an easy thing to do in consideration of someone else.

This is patently false...almost no matter what now days something you say or do WILL in fact offend SOMEONE. Almost always without fail. Heck many years ago, I told a co worker it was nice to see her smiling face today and she got offended. And that's what's sad about it..it never used to offend people, but now people search for things to offend them, so because it offends one or two people we can't say it or do it because it offends them. So I get offended by people being offended by saying something like "calling a spade a spade", yet, if I get offended by them being offended that doesn't matter. That's why it's a sad world. People need to stop being snowflakes. It's the wussification of America.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26358 on: May 26, 2020, 01:26:21 PM »
This is patently false...almost no matter what now days something you say or do WILL in fact offend SOMEONE. Almost always without fail. Heck many years ago, I told a co worker it was nice to see her smiling face today and she got offended. And that's what's sad about it..it never used to offend people, but now people search for things to offend them, so because it offends one or two people we can't say it or do it because it offends them. So I get offended by people being offended by saying something like "calling a spade a spade", yet, if I get offended by them being offended that doesn't matter. That's why it's a sad world. People need to stop being snowflakes. It's the wussification of America.

Yep.  Completely on brand for you.  It doesn't matter what people think.  You just don't want to be inconvenienced.

I guess you're just an offensive guy.  Congrats on that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26359 on: May 26, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »
So are we recruiting Gary Spade's grandson? Because that's a spade we can call a spade and has to do with recruiting
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26360 on: May 26, 2020, 01:37:58 PM »
So are we recruiting Gary Spade's grandson? Because that's a spade we can call a spade and has to do with recruiting

Hope he’s a 4* and hasn’t been offered by anyone before Marquette offers
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26361 on: May 26, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »
Yep.  Completely on brand for you.  It doesn't matter what people think.  You just don't want to be inconvenienced.

I guess you're just an offensive guy.  Congrats on that.

Thanks for the criticism. I'm not an offensive guy at all, and anyone that knows me would tell you that. The thing is, there are PLENTY of things that are now deemed acceptable in this world, that offend me, but no one cares that they offend me(and others). In fact, we get criticized and demeaned if we speak out about those things being offensive to us. You have said yourself you'd like to see everything in life be fair...so..how is it okay for some people to be offended by things I(and others) say or do(and that's okay if they are according to them/society), yet..if I'm offended/disgusted by something others say or do than I get run the ringer because supposedly the things I deem offensive, I'm not allowed to deem offensive. According to who?? How is that fair?? Certain factions of society dictate what is offensive and what isn't?? Oh hell no.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26362 on: May 26, 2020, 02:30:39 PM »
Mark Miller
@WisBBYearbook
·
8m
Add Vanderbilt to the list of NCAA Division I schools offering 2021 F James Graham (6-8) of Nicolet.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26363 on: May 26, 2020, 02:31:42 PM »
Sidenote: MU REALLY needs to get a commitment soon, or we need some sort of MU news so I'm not so restless and have to go off on tangents about other things. That will cure all ills.  :D

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26364 on: May 26, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »
Thanks for the criticism. I'm not an offensive guy at all, and anyone that knows me would tell you that. The thing is, there are PLENTY of things that are now deemed acceptable in this world, that offend me, but no one cares that they offend me(and others). In fact, we get criticized and demeaned if we speak out about those things being offensive to us. You have said yourself you'd like to see everything in life be fair...so..how is it okay for some people to be offended by things I(and others) say or do(and that's okay if they are according to them/society), yet..if I'm offended/disgusted by something others say or do than I get run the ringer because supposedly the things I deem offensive, I'm not allowed to deem offensive. According to who?? How is that fair?? Certain factions of society dictate what is offensive and what isn't?? Oh hell no.

It is best for society at large not to say things that may be inadvertently offensive to others.  I just try to do my part.  Sometimes I fail.  Sometimes it isn't reciprocated.  That shouldn't stop me from trying.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26365 on: May 26, 2020, 02:36:26 PM »

Eat at Arby’s

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26366 on: May 26, 2020, 03:27:17 PM »
Jalen Warley
@jjwarley
·
3m
Cutting my list on June 7th.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #26367 on: May 26, 2020, 03:43:30 PM »
Here’s a little test anyone can give oneself before using a phrase like “call a spade a spade” or a word like “niggardly”:

Would I feel totally comfortable using it in a conversation with black people?

If not, stop using it.

Here is where I get confused is it racist to use those phrases or racists to assume the black person you are talking with doesn’t know proper vocabulary.

A little test if you are using word in the proper context and it isn’t used as an insult you should be comfortably using it in front of anyone.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26368 on: May 26, 2020, 03:46:44 PM »
Here is where I get confused is it racist to use those phrases or racists to assume the black person you are talking with doesn’t know proper vocabulary.

A little test if you are using word in the proper context and it isn’t used as an insult you should be comfortably using it in front of anyone.

It would be nice to live in a world where everyone has a clear understanding of the intent behind people's communication.  But we don't.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26369 on: May 26, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
Sidenote: MU REALLY needs to get a commitment soon, or we need some sort of MU news so I'm not so restless and have to go off on tangents about other things. That will cure all ills.  :D

Or, you could stop posting every thought that enters your brain! 

How many pages would this thread be if it only contained pertinent, MU-related recruiting info?  50?  40?  30?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26370 on: May 26, 2020, 03:52:36 PM »

The phrase itself is completely fine, unless u some how inject the N word into the phrase!! Only from 82, his momma raised a fool!

Heres a test...  if u say something and 82 and fluffy start to bitch like little bitches then what u said was most likely completely fine among 99% of men
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26371 on: May 26, 2020, 03:53:13 PM »
Or, you could stop posting every thought that enters your brain! 

How many pages would this thread be if it only contained pertinent, MU-related recruiting info?  50?  40?  30?

Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26372 on: May 26, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »
Jalen Warley
@jjwarley
·
3m
Cutting my list on June 7th.

Hopefully we make the top 20.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #26373 on: May 26, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
The phrase itself is completely fine, unless u some how inject the N word into the phrase!! Only from 82, his momma raised a fool!

Heres a test...  if u say something and 82 and fluffy start to bitch like little bitches then what u said was most likely completely fine among 99% of men

I stopped being offended by middle school insults in sixth grade. So you’re good Sandy

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #26374 on: May 26, 2020, 06:20:57 PM »