'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8308112 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 1/15/19
« Reply #16125 on: February 08, 2019, 05:08:27 PM »
Completely agree on the seeing the Hauser brothers being a huge benefit for Wojo. Obviously we would all love to have this kid at Marquette, would be a great get.

The recent Minnesota success w Sacar and Theo, the options of the success of the Hauser bros and current overall team success, and the other schools that are in on him (mostly local midwest, none that truly scare me) have me pretty optimistic about this one. I hope the staff makes a strong push and the kid sees his future with a huge win in front of a massive crowd tomorrow.

Ps- I think players in this type of mold- taller/skinnier good shooting stretch 3/4s ala Sam and Joey- are becoming a huge part of both the ncaa and nba game. Coach K has had excellent success with them at duke and coach Wojo has had a nice run of late.

Would love to see it keep it going. One of the Hausers success in the nba would be a massive boost as well if it happens, but seeing the success and heavy usage at Marquette has gotta be a big deal for kids like D. Garcia.

How is ice cream truck watch? Dawson getting fitted for his MU walkin boot yet?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #16126 on: February 08, 2019, 05:24:41 PM »
Wait ... so he left Shakatown without committing to The Greatest Coach Ever? Impossible! Didn't Mrs. Shaka tell him how horrible Milwaukee is?

(I know Garcia could still end up signing with Texas and I'll have to eat crow. It's not that bad with a little Worcestershire sauce.)
Tiiiiiiiiired. Seriously man give this a rest. It’s a very old act
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16127 on: February 08, 2019, 07:31:30 PM »
Tiiiiiiiiired. Seriously man give this a rest. It’s a very old act

Sorry. Shoulda said something fresh like, "Crean sucks."

Orr maybee sumthin lyke thiss, a'i'n'a?

Or spelled marcus with a c.

Done deal!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16128 on: February 08, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
Nads, ya gotta earn yo stripes on dis board, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16129 on: February 08, 2019, 07:37:44 PM »

You know who else shoulda had to earn his stripes before he was pronounced a Basketball God?

Shaka!

(Thanks for the set-up, Doc.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #16130 on: February 08, 2019, 08:02:16 PM »

😂 😂. I’m dying, doc

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16131 on: February 08, 2019, 08:04:41 PM »
You know who else shoulda had to earn his stripes before he was pronounced a Basketball God?

Shaka!

btw, shaka did pull a slim Minnesota PF from D1 Minnesota's program just a couple years ago.

Dawson much betta tho.

I really do think the relatively short distance to Milwaukee will be a positive from pop's perspective. Hopefully the John family can let them know how doable getting to Brew Town for games is.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16132 on: February 08, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »

Shaka!

Curious MU82...I see a lot of "Shaka bashing" posts from you...what's your angst with him anyway?? He kick/kill your dog once or something?? I honestly don't know the story.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #16133 on: February 09, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »
I think he is overrated as a coach. He got the Final Four in year 2, and promotes a "fun" style but the results aren't that great when you look at them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16134 on: February 09, 2019, 06:53:58 AM »
Curious MU82...I see a lot of "Shaka bashing" posts from you...what's your angst with him anyway?? He kick/kill your dog once or something?? I honestly don't know the story.

A lot of people (myself and the Marquette administration included) felt Shaka was the best candidate available and were disappointed when he turned us down. When Wojo struggled through his first four years at MU, Mike evidently felt those struggles were mitigated by the fact that Shaka was also struggling a bit at Texas.Now that Wojo has turned the corner Mike has amped things up a bit.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16135 on: February 09, 2019, 06:57:49 AM »
A lot of people (myself and the Marquette administration included) felt Shaka was the best candidate available and were disappointed when he turned us down. When Wojo struggled through his first four years at MU, Mike evidently felt those struggles were mitigated by the fact that Shaka was also struggling a bit at Texas.Now that Wojo has turned the corner Mike has amped things up a bit.

Did Wojo struggle for four years?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #16136 on: February 09, 2019, 07:01:25 AM »

I was excited about Shaka too. And maybe I'm letting his rejection of MU color my impression of him, but I just don't think he has performed that well. Maybe Texas isn't as good a job as I think it is so that could be part of it. Look at how Barnes has performed since he left!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16137 on: February 09, 2019, 07:08:52 AM »

I was excited about Shaka too. And maybe I'm letting his rejection of MU color my impression of him, but I just don't think he has performed that well. Maybe Texas isn't as good a job as I think it is so that could be part of it. Look at how Barnes has performed since he left!

Barnes did pretty well at Texas
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #16138 on: February 09, 2019, 07:10:37 AM »
The last few years he underperformed compared to earlier in his career there, but Shaka certainly hasn't been an improvement to date.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16139 on: February 09, 2019, 07:50:07 AM »
Did Wojo struggle for four years?

No he struggled in year one. He spent three years of mediocrity.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16140 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:38 AM »

We improved in most years and the talent had to be upgraded, that is part of the equation, too. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16141 on: February 09, 2019, 10:30:38 AM »

Semantics, Eagle. Mediocre at a program with Marquette's history qualifies as struggling IMO.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #16142 on: February 09, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
Barnes did pretty well at Texas
There is that. Barnes did not fare too well at the end of Platoon, though. Very few did.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16143 on: February 09, 2019, 12:57:30 PM »
We improved in most years and the talent had to be upgraded, that is part of the equation, too.

True, people look at the 2013 recruiting class and assume we should've been incredible. But I am agreeing with you that it was not a struggle, mediocrity is frustrating but does not take away from winning at top 10providence in Henry's year, beating nova in 17, or being any of depaul, SJU, Georgia, or Providence away from a birth last year.

Semantics, Eagle. Mediocre at a program with Marquette's history qualifies as struggling IMO.

Fair.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #16144 on: February 09, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »

I also felt we missed out when Shaka turned us down and was disappointed when we got Wojo instead.

But 4.5 years in... I'm really glad we ended up on the "losing" end of the whole affair. Our arrow is firmly pointed north and Wojo is a great institutional fit. He's been patient, the administration has been patient, and it's paying off.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #16145 on: February 09, 2019, 03:48:48 PM »
Ageed. Wojo is going to get en extension. Well deserved.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16146 on: February 09, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »
I hope the recruits in the building enjoyed the show.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16147 on: February 09, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »
I also felt we missed out when Shaka turned us down and was disappointed when we got Wojo instead.

But 4.5 years in... I'm really glad we ended up on the "losing" end of the whole affair. Our arrow is firmly pointed north and Wojo is a great institutional fit. He's been patient, the administration has been patient, and it's paying off.

Agreed.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #16148 on: February 09, 2019, 03:51:41 PM »
I hope the recruits in the building enjoyed the show.

How could they not? Looked wild on television. Great game

ZMovieman

• Walk-On
« Reply #16149 on: February 09, 2019, 03:53:14 PM »
I don't think I saw this list out there, but in light of pulling out a tough win in an awesome environment, hopefully it made an impression. Knew about Garcia, but not the others. Per Ben Steele's twitter:

Marquette will have 2020 five-star prospect Jalen Johnson and his 2021 prospect brother Kobe Johnson as well as 2020 four-star Jamari Sibley in the house for the Villanova game, according to a source. Dawson Garcia on his official visit. #mubb