Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8718453 times)

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/17
« Reply #8075 on: July 02, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
I hope he stays in state,  for the one game a year, they play against the Badgers, who can root against him.  Better to keep the best players in state!  Tokoto, Stone
and Looney, who are they now once they leave the state.  Big mistake if they want to get a job in Wisconsin.
  Not as easy as it is for somebody who builds there
name up.

Wow, that is an astonishingly bad take.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #8076 on: July 02, 2017, 01:57:52 PM »
I hope he stays in state,  for the one game a year, they play against the Badgers, who can root against him.  Better to keep the best players in state!  Tokoto, Stone
and Looney, who are they now once they leave the state.  Big mistake if they want to get a job in Wisconsin.  Not as easy as it is for somebody who builds there
name up.

Somehow in a sea of seemingly infinite possibilities you have posted the dumbest crap I've read on Scoop since the season ended. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8077 on: July 02, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
and Looney, who are they now once they leave the state.  Big mistake if they want to get a job in Wisconsin.  Not as easy as it is for somebody who builds there
name up.
Day drinking?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8078 on: July 02, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
name up. 

Wisconsin may be provincial, but it's not THAT provincial. 

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #8079 on: July 02, 2017, 07:09:39 PM »
Somehow in a sea of seemingly infinite possibilities you have posted the dumbest crap I've read on Scoop since the season ended.

I LIKE making your day!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8080 on: July 02, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
name up.

Uh ... no.

Next!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #8081 on: July 03, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
name up.

Badger fans made the same argument when Butch was deciding too. Hilariously ridiculous take.

Considering Tokoto and Stone make over $500K each and Looney is over $1 million with a NBA Champs ring I highly doubt they're concerned about a future office job in Wisconsin.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8082 on: July 03, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »
Badger fans made the same argument when Butch was deciding too. Hilariously ridiculous take.

Considering Tokoto and Stone make over $500K each and Looney is over $1 million with a NBA Champs ring I highly doubt they're concerned about a future office job in Wisconsin.

Yet, Butch cashed in with a great gig modeling women's lingerie.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:02:29 PM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8084 on: July 03, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »
https://www.prephoops.com/2017/07/ej-liddell-video-4/

Looks like we and Purdue are on him the hardest.  But mentioned MU right off and had to remember to mention Purdue later.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #8085 on: July 03, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
Marquette...I know their history...Dwyane Wade ...

I feel old.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8086 on: July 03, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »
Checked over on the Bucky 247 site. Flood's pick was based on Bingham going to MSU. He basically said that Marquette and MSU have recruited over Joey so now Bucky is his best option. He also asserted that Joey has not been a priority for Marquette.

Translation:

Nothing to see here.

Follow up on this. Here is Flood's article on switching his crystal bowel pick: http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Article/Hoops-Crystal-Ball-July-53404376

I'm going back to Wisconsin for Hauser. As previously reported, the Badgers felt really good about his latest visit. Per sources, the top 50 forward "loves" the guys on the team and having Trevor Anderson, his former high school teammate, only added to that. It's still very close between Marquette, Michigan State, and Wisconsin and Hauser will take official visits, but it feels like the momentum is in Madison. The Badgers have stuck to their guns, only offering Hauser in 2018. With Michigan State loading up on front court players and Marquette also featuring a couple of young bigs, including two transfers, UW's pitch and decision to go all-in on the four-star forward keeps looking better.

He later followed up with this comment after Bucky fans started going all #donedeal:

FWIW it's very close. Don't take this pick as I know that he's coming. Based on all the intel over the past week, I think he's coming to Wisconsin.

Looking at Marquette's and MSU's post depth chart -- my gut also says UW is the move. We'll see what happens this season, but Hauser could realistically start as a true freshman. Even if not, I highly doubt he's not starting as a sophomore.

MSU will be loaded. Even if Nick Ward goes pro, it's still crowded.

Marquette - I'll share more on Wednesday, but they took two transfers with experience. Added two more bigs in 2017. I've heard from enough people that if Sam was at UW, this recruitment would already be over. He hasn't pulled the trigger in 2.5 years on this offer. Is he ever going to?

UW is the most attractive basketball option IMO.

I know he likes MSU and their style. But someone in the know told me that distance has become an issue and questioned if he would really go 7 hours from home to have the exact same career at UW -- who has way less front court depth now too.

Like I said Wednesday, UW laid it out for Joey. 'Just tell us if you want to go somewhere else and we can move to other targets. No hard feelings.' I don't know what Joey told them, but they are surely not offering anybody else after that convo. They've been all-in since day one, not offering anybody else. Based on what the other two programs are doing in 2018 and have in the front court -- I just think that decision looks better and better.

His pick seems to be based on Marquette and Michigan State having more forwards on the roster than UW. He keeps bringing up Morrow and Froling as a barrier to playing time but I don't think he realizes how radically different of players those two are from Joey. I doubt Joey is intimidated in the slightest. If he came to Marquette the absolute smallest role I could see for him is first man off the bench and still getting 25ish minutes a night. He doesn't have to worry about playing time at either UW or MU....and probably not MSU either once some of their former five stars go pro.

Crystal ball picks are sometimes based on inside information not available to the general public. Most of the time it is people trying to guess what a high school kid will decide based on factors that they assume or have been told are important to the recruit. This is an example of the latter.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:25:40 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8087 on: July 03, 2017, 09:31:30 PM »
Crystal ball picks are sometimes based on inside information not available to the general public.

At most, 2% of the time.

Cristal bowel is a marketing tool.

If you look at it, u r gay (nh)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8088 on: July 03, 2017, 10:12:40 PM »
If you look at it, u r gay (nh)

I have a completely serious question: did Jerry Meyer pee in your Cheerios once upon a time?

Your overstated, bombastic hatred for CB, even if it is just a marketing tool, is ridiculous to the point of sounding like a constantly jilted lover. Was it your idea and he stole it after a late night drinking session after an AAU event? Why do you care so much that everyone dismiss CB out of hand?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8089 on: July 03, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »
https://www.prephoops.com/2017/07/ej-liddell-video-4/

Oh no.  Another PF we're going hard after within a year of Joey.  He must've silently verballed to UW...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #8090 on: July 03, 2017, 10:37:54 PM »
I can't find the article, but a couple of years back SI and Luke Winn (I think) did an analysis of which coaches played freshmen, most and least.  Buzz and Bo Ryan were on the list as two that played freshmen the least.  Hayes played 43.5% of available minutes freshman year.  Koenig 37.5%.  Trice played 45.1% last year. Dekker- 54.9%. I'm not including Happ who was a redshirt.  Wisconsin has never shown that they will give consistent minutes to freshmen.  I realize Gard is the coach now, but the idea that JH wouldn't come to Marquette over Wisconsin because of playing time is ridiculous. 

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #8091 on: July 03, 2017, 10:42:57 PM »
One of the arguments is Joey would like to play with Herro, and Herro is at Wisconsin.  Could be a pull for him. Their recruiting class is likely to be top 10 without Joey, maybe top 6 or 7 with him.  If he comes to us, Marquette will be very good and a top 20 recruiting class, maybe top 15.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8092 on: July 04, 2017, 06:37:42 AM »
One of the arguments is Joey would like to play with Herro, and Herro is at Wisconsin.  Could be a pull for him. Their recruiting class is likely to be top 10 without Joey, maybe top 6 or 7 with him.  If he comes to us, Marquette will be very good and a top 20 recruiting class, maybe top 15.

Joey would be great.  If Joey goes to UW it certainly doesn't make or break Marquette.  Life goes on.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8093 on: July 04, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »

Joey would be great.  If Joey goes to UW it certainly doesn't make or break Marquette.  Life goes on.

Yep.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8094 on: July 04, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »

The whole "Joey wants to play with..." arguments seem pretty silly. If he's going because of who he's playing with, he'll end up at Marquette. I don't care about Herro or Anderson or whomever else is at UW.

I'm sure there are other factors, and am not saying by any means Sam is the be-all in this recruitment, but if that's the deciding factor, he'll be here.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #8095 on: July 04, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
The whole "Joey wants to play with..." arguments seem pretty silly. If he's going because of who he's playing with, he'll end up at Marquette. I don't care about Herro or Anderson or whomever else is at UW.

I'm sure there are other factors, and am not saying by any means Sam is the be-all in this recruitment, but if that's the deciding factor, he'll be here.

Doesn't that assume brotherly bond always triumphs?  Of course examples a plenty of that happening, but also as many where siblings path a different course and want their own limelight. 

Wishing him well in whatever decision he chooses.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8096 on: July 04, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »
He may be looking at one and done. Maybe two and done.  In that case he might want to be on a team that has a chance the couple of years he plays.  Maybe that's Marquette.  Maybe it is elsewhere.   We will know soon   Would like ver to have him at MU.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8097 on: July 04, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
He may be looking at one and done. Maybe two and done.  In that case he might want to be on a team that has a chance the couple of years he plays.  Maybe that's Marquette.  Maybe it is elsewhere.   We will know soon   Would like ver to have him at MU.

Joey is more likely to be a four year player than one and done.  Until I see him in college, I can't make a final judgment but right now I view Joey as a 4 year player.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8098 on: July 04, 2017, 12:29:43 PM »
Doesn't that assume brotherly bond always triumphs?  Of course examples a plenty of that happening, but also as many where siblings path a different course and want their own limelight.

Strictly in terms of "who he wants to play with" if it's based on personal relationships, in this case, I fully believe so. I don't see Joey picking UW so he can play with Trev Anderson or Tyler Herro over the option of playing with Sam. Basing this off of everything I've heard about the family and relationships.

Obviously there's more to it than just that factor, but if all things are equal and it comes down to "I could play with Tyler and Trev or I could play with Sam", he's coming to Marquette. I have no doubt of that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8099 on: July 04, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »

Gotta reserve judgment for 5 years, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback