[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8465367 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/17
« Reply #8050 on: July 01, 2017, 11:34:24 AM »
Oh and a bucky fan with "inside sources" has said that Joey has already silently committed to Bucky. The only reason he hasn't announced it yet is because Wojo has threatened to kick Sam off the team if Joey doesn't come here.

Yes. Wojo is going to kick last year's minutes leader off the team  ::)

I'm conflicted.

If you made that up, I want to laugh.

If it's true that someone thinks that, it will be my daily feeling of internet nausea that there is someone out there not only that dumb, but willing to display to the world.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #8051 on: July 01, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »
Checked over on the Bucky 247 site. Flood's pick was based on Bingham going to MSU. He basically said that Marquette and MSU have recruited over Joey so now Bucky is his best option. He also asserted that Joey has not been a priority for Marquette.

Translation:

Nothing to see here.

He actually said that?  Did we turn back the clock to April Fools Day?  If Joey isn't a priority for MU, you should eliminate the word from the dictionary.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:02:22 PM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8052 on: July 01, 2017, 12:27:18 PM »
Evan Flood just changed his Crystal Bowel for Joey to Wisconsin. Scoop this weekend:

Until Big Daddy Chariots of Fire shows up, I am not concerned.

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8053 on: July 01, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
Checked over on the Bucky 247 site. Flood's pick was based on Bingham going to MSU. He basically said that Marquette and MSU have recruited over Joey so now Bucky is his best option. He also asserted that Joey has not been a priority for Marquette.

Translation:

Nothing to see here.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Wojo has made Joey Hauser a top priority for almost two full years now.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #8054 on: July 01, 2017, 12:51:03 PM »
Oh and a bucky fan with "inside sources" has said that Joey has already silently committed to Bucky. The only reason he hasn't announced it yet is because Wojo has threatened to kick Sam off the team if Joey doesn't come here.

To me it sounds like a Poster that nmay have been Banned from this Board.  Hmm
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8055 on: July 01, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »

That's not actually what the post says.  It says:

"I mean I didn't want to anger the board or prompt doubters like in the past, combined with him continuing to drag out the decision slightly longer than I was told, but he is 100% committing UW. Only way that changes is maybe if Wojo straight up tells him Sam is gone if he doesn't go there. Book it."

Also, when it comes to treating Hauser as a top priority, the difference between UW and Marquette is the list of PF offers.  Wisconsin has only offered Hauser.  Marquette also has Morrow and Froling transferring in.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:35:16 PM by breadtree »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8056 on: July 01, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »

"I mean I didn't want to anger the board or prompt doubters like in the past, combined with him continuing to drag out the decision slightly longer than I was told, but he is 100% committing UW. Only way that changes is maybe if Wojo straight up tells him Sam is gone if he doesn't go there. Book it."

Also, when it comes to treating Hauser as a top priority, the difference between UW and Marquette is the list of PF offers.  Wisconsin has only offered Hauser.  Marquette also has Morrow and Froling transferring in.

Well, this seals it...time for Wojo to move on, Joey isn't coming here because a UW student says so.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8057 on: July 01, 2017, 03:13:36 PM »

Hauser is 6'6" wing player.  He can play with both Morrow and Froling on the floor.  He can play with his brother on the floor.  Wojo knows this.  Joey know this.  Whether or not Joey comes to MU has little to do with Morrow and Froling.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8058 on: July 01, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »

Heck, the conspiracy theorists are out in full force...apparently Flood said that the reason Joey has delayed his decision to commit to UW is so Coaches still show up for his AAU games to give one of his teammates more exposure. You can't make this stuff up...
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8059 on: July 01, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »
Nothing could be further from the truth. Wojo has made Joey Hauser a top priority for almost two full years now.

Thanks Mark. Seriously, we welcome your contribution on the recruiting thread. Please don't be a stranger.  Now I can't pay you other than to buy you a beer but....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8060 on: July 01, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »
He actually said that?  Did we turn back the clock to April Fools Day?  If Joey isn't a priority for MU, you should eliminate the word from the dictionary.

His exact words were "Go where you're wanted" and then proceeded to talk about how MSU and Marquette had recruited over him and how Gard made Joey his only recruit.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #8061 on: July 01, 2017, 06:45:03 PM »
The first player Wojo visited for next year was Joey, so who was his top priority?   Now is Joey afraid of the roster or one issue I do see, does Sam and Joey play the same position?  Joey is a tad better at his age than Sam was,  can put the ball on the floor, but to me neither is a power forward, they
may play the same position.  Morrow really is a power forward or even a center.  Froling I am not sure where he plays next year, back-up to Heldt and Sam,
lots of possibilities, plus where does Cain play?  I can see why Joey might go to the Badgers.  Finally, Joey is a below the rim player,  nor is he quick, is he overrated?
His he the next Gordan Hayward, time will tell.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #8062 on: July 01, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
This was posted back on April 28th, but it's a good interview with Joey about the past season, his recruitment and his strengths as a player.

http://virginia.247sports.com/Article/68-Joey-Hauser-A-Down-To-Earth-Top-50-Wisconsin-Marquette-Virgin-52533391

Says he's "probably 6'8" or 6'9" right now...I put on like five, ten pounds. I'm now, like, 215."

One highlight quote about UW: "A lot of people want me to go [to Wisconsin]...but I want to go to a school where I can see myself fitting in. It's a home state school, so it's like a dream school when you're growing up."

On MU: "I have a really good relationship with them...Coach Wojo and me are pretty tight...I kind of have an inside source with my brother about what they do and how they do things."

The deciding factor: "Being comfortable...just liking where I am and the people around me. Anywhere I go, it's going to be a great school. And winning, I want to win."
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8063 on: July 01, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »
The first player Wojo visited for next year was Joey, so who was his top priority?   Now is Joey afraid of the roster or one issue I do see, does Sam and Joey play the same position?  Joey is a tad better at his age than Sam was,  can put the ball on the floor, but to me neither is a power forward, they
may play the same position.  Morrow really is a power forward or even a center.  Froling I am not sure where he plays next year, back-up to Heldt and Sam,
lots of possibilities, plus where does Cain play?  I can see why Joey might go to the Badgers.  Finally, Joey is a below the rim player,  nor is he quick, is he overrated?
His he the next Gordan Hayward, time will tell.

::)

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #8064 on: July 01, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »
According to KenPom, Sam played the 4 alongside Luke or Matt in 6 of Marquette's 10 most frequent lineups. There was even an all-shooters lineup where he was the biggest player on the court for Marquette (Markus, Andrew, JaJuan, Katin and Sam).

And if you go by his minutes, nobody was more valuable on the court than Sam Hauser.

A different roster this year and next will mean different lineups. But traditional positions are overrated. Nova won the title with a lineup that went 6-11, 6-6, 6-5, 6-2 and 6-2. Ochefu's backup at the 5, Darryl Reynolds, was just 6-8, 225. Kris Jenkins could play the 4 and defend bigs, while his versatile offensive game created mismatches for opponents.

It's Wojo's job to put the best possible team on the floor. I have zero concern about Sam and Joey finding enough minutes or playing alongside one another.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:22:48 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8065 on: July 01, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »

Yeah....I don't think that comes off the way Bucky fans thinks it does. It kind of seems desperate. "If you don't come to Bucky you'll be screwing us over."

Joey has been Marquette's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority for the 2018 class since Wojo took over. I doubt the presence of a few former three star forwards is going to intimidate Joey in the slightest. I mean his older, less heralded brother committed to a wing heavy team and he only led the time in minutes as a freshman. Joey strikes me as the type of player who would want to be surrounded by talent, not run from it.

Joey might come here. He might go to Bucky. He might go out of state. It will come down to the connections he has to the coaches and players at the various programs. It won't be because Bucky only offered one forward or because a team has multiple forwards on the team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8066 on: July 02, 2017, 06:36:13 AM »
Kevin O'Neill said it best in Hoop Dreams. When Will Gates asked why O'Neill was recruiting other guards the coach replied, well you're looking at other schools aren't you? I'll stop looking at other guards when you stop looking at other schools.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #8067 on: July 02, 2017, 08:47:19 AM »
Joey has been Marquette's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority for the 2018 class since Wojo took over. I doubt the presence of a few former three star forwards is going to intimidate Joey in the slightest. I mean his older, less heralded brother committed to a wing heavy team and he only led the time in minutes as a freshman. Joey strikes me as the type of player who would want to be surrounded by talent, not run from it.

Joey might come here. He might go to Bucky. He might go out of state. It will come down to the connections he has to the coaches and players at the various programs. It won't be because Bucky only offered one forward or because a team has multiple forwards on the team.

Well said. 

If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8068 on: July 02, 2017, 09:04:07 AM »
Should Joey commit here, it's obvious we can expect another fun to read meltdown on the Badger boards.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #8069 on: July 02, 2017, 09:54:36 AM »
Should Joey commit here, it's obvious we can expect another fun to read meltdown on the Badger boards.

I would suspect you could expect the same from us if he heads to UW....

Which I'm hoping he doesn't, so I won't think about that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8070 on: July 02, 2017, 12:08:57 PM »
I view Joey the way I viewed Xavier Tillman.    I very much want him at Marquette.    If he goes elsewhere, I really hope it isn't UW.  My love of MU basketball will not be changed, regardless of outcome.   

And I really hope that if he goes elsewhere, MU fans can act classy, as transfers happen all of the time.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8071 on: July 02, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »

They will say he couldn't qualify academically.  Count on it.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #8072 on: July 02, 2017, 12:44:17 PM »
Yeah....I don't think that comes off the way Bucky fans thinks it does. It kind of seems desperate. "If you don't come to Bucky you'll be screwing us over."

The Froling and Morrow arguments are so silly. Both are be 2 years ahead of Joey and both can and likely will see time at center.

I mean if Froling and Morrow mean that MU isn't priotizing Joey then Reuvers and Ford fit the same criteria for UW. Both of them play the same position and will be only 1 class ahead.

Joey will decide soon.....anyone who melts down over his decision is an idiot. Nobody has worked harder recruiting him then Wojo.....if he decides another school is better for whatever reason nobody is to blame.

Great kid....lots of good options....he can only pick 1.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #8073 on: July 02, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
I view Joey the way I viewed Xavier Tillman.    I very much want him at Marquette.    If he goes elsewhere, I really hope it isn't UW.  My love of MU basketball will not be changed, regardless of outcome.   

And I really hope that if he goes elsewhere, MU fans can act classy, as transfers happen all of the time.

I hope he stays in state,  for the one game a year, they play against the Badgers, who can root against him.  Better to keep the best players in state!  Tokoto, Stone
and Looney, who are they now once they leave the state.  Big mistake if they want to get a job in Wisconsin.  Not as easy as it is for somebody who builds there
name up. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8074 on: July 02, 2017, 01:21:30 PM »
I hope he stays in state,  for the one game a year, they play against the Badgers, who can root against him.  Better to keep the best players in state!  Tokoto, Stone
and Looney, who are they now once they leave the state.  Big mistake if they want to get a job in Wisconsin.  Not as easy as it is for somebody who builds there
name up.

LOL. I think Looney, Stone, and Tokoto are doing just fine finding out of state.

Now if you're Josh Gasser or Zak Showalter, sure you get a little boost from the notoriety.  But other schools have alumni networks, too.  Why limit yourself to Wisconsin anyways?

feedback