[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8457975 times)

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15/17
« Reply #6225 on: March 23, 2017, 10:24:48 AM »
Looks like Stan is after Clifton Moore.  PF committed to Indiana.  Has already asked for his release.

Heard the same. Available in November. Let's get it!

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #6226 on: March 23, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »
Clifton Moore's final six were: Temple, Northwestern, Indiana, Ole Miss, St. Joseph's and Lafayette.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/699749?referrer_id=2306206
2017 forward Clifton Moore breaks down final six

09/20/2016, 8:30am EDT
By Phenom Hoop Report/ Julius Kim
2017 forward Clifton Moore out of Horsham, Pennsylvania trimmed his list on Sunday to six schools.

2017 forward Clifton Moore out of Horsham, Pennsylvania trimmed his list on Sunday to six schools. “Temple, Northwestern, Indiana, Ole Miss, St. Joseph’s, and Lafayette,” he told Phenom Hoops.

Temple: “I like Coach Aaron McKie. I went to one of their summer camps and the coaches at Temple liked me. When they gave me interest, I was also interested in their program as well,” he said. “Coach Dunphy seems like he wants all of his guys to be successful. Coach McKie was a very friendly person. He gave me advice on basketball as well as tips to take with me beyond the recruiting process.”

Northwestern: “They have been following me since the summer and they like my game. The academics and the basketball there is a really good combination,” he said. “The coaches see my potential and respect me as a basketball player and as a student.”

Indiana: “When the coaching staff came earlier during the summer and saw my skillset, they liked the fact that I was young and had lots of potential,” he said. “Coach Crean cared about my development as soon as he saw me play and he gave me tips to improve my game from the start. He told me he knows how to use me on the court and he said he can get me better and maximize my full potential.”

Ole Miss: “Ole Miss saw me the last couple of days during the live period and they instantly saw my talent. They showed me some film of one of their players and they made it clear that they could see me doing that on the floor,” he said. “They said they have a good group of players and that I have a chance to play right away.”

St. Joseph’s: “The campus is somewhat familiar because it is close to my house. They were one of the earliest programs to show interest during last season and they kept track of me during the spring and summer,” he said. “When I went on an unofficial visit to the school, everyone naturally got along with one another and the coaches acted as if they had been around each player for their whole life.”

Lafayette: “They were the first school to give me interest and they actually ended up being the first to offer too. The coaches are very friendly and easy to talk to,” he said. “They have good academics and the coaches there mainly focus on building relationships with the players.”
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6227 on: March 23, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
Greg Elliot tweeted out he got an offer from VCU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6228 on: March 23, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
This is true, but roster spots can be made to appear when you need them to. If you have a chance at a guy who can help you now, you take him and figure out roster space later. Not saying that Shayok is a guy we should get but  I'm not worried about not having enough scholarships in 18-19.

I'm also not sold on the Elliot kid making it here. I think an MSU offer will be too much to pass up.

Regarding Elliot, I am in the same boat. I'm all for nabbing him with the 13th scholarship, but I'd rather have 2 grad transfers that fit a need, and an elite traditional transfer. He clearly is waiting out MSU, so I don't live our chances.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6229 on: March 23, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »
Chase Jeter from Duke is transferring.  Has 2 years left.  Never did much at Duke, but former 5* and 6'10. Wouldn't be a bad use for one of the 3 openings, even tho it'd be better to have someone than can play next year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6230 on: March 23, 2017, 11:52:38 AM »
This is true, but roster spots can be made to appear when you need them to. If you have a chance at a guy who can help you now, you take him and figure out roster space later. Not saying that Shayok is a guy we should get but  I'm not worried about not having enough scholarships in 18-19.

I get that, but I've never been a fan of oversigning or putting yourself in a position where you need to send someone packing. I'm also not sold on us getting Elliott, but if we do...

Shayok as a traditional transfer would create more problems than he'd solve. Cheatham, Anim, Elliott, Sam, Cain, Bailey, Joey, and Shayok all competing for wing minutes while Markus has to play 40/game?

As a grad transfer, take him and run, but I just think the cost outweighs the benefit as a traditional transfer.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6231 on: March 23, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
Chase Jeter from Duke is transferring.  Has 2 years left.  Never did much at Duke, but former 5* and 6'10. Wouldn't be a bad use for one of the 3 openings, even tho it'd be better to have someone than can play next year.
We will have some what of  a connection with him

outlookyo

• Walk-On
« Reply #6232 on: March 23, 2017, 12:45:07 PM »

This would be an absolute dream transfer, but unfortunately is most likely just that - a dream.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6233 on: March 23, 2017, 12:47:31 PM »
Clifton Moore's final six were: Temple, Northwestern, Indiana, Ole Miss, St. Joseph's and Lafayette.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/699749?referrer_id=2306206
2017 forward Clifton Moore breaks down final six

09/20/2016, 8:30am EDT
By Phenom Hoop Report/ Julius Kim
2017 forward Clifton Moore out of Horsham, Pennsylvania trimmed his list on Sunday to six schools.

2017 forward Clifton Moore out of Horsham, Pennsylvania trimmed his list on Sunday to six schools. “Temple, Northwestern, Indiana, Ole Miss, St. Joseph’s, and Lafayette,” he told Phenom Hoops.

Temple: “I like Coach Aaron McKie. I went to one of their summer camps and the coaches at Temple liked me. When they gave me interest, I was also interested in their program as well,” he said. “Coach Dunphy seems like he wants all of his guys to be successful. Coach McKie was a very friendly person. He gave me advice on basketball as well as tips to take with me beyond the recruiting process.”

Northwestern: “They have been following me since the summer and they like my game. The academics and the basketball there is a really good combination,” he said. “The coaches see my potential and respect me as a basketball player and as a student.”

Indiana: “When the coaching staff came earlier during the summer and saw my skillset, they liked the fact that I was young and had lots of potential,” he said. “Coach Crean cared about my development as soon as he saw me play and he gave me tips to improve my game from the start. He told me he knows how to use me on the court and he said he can get me better and maximize my full potential.”

Ole Miss: “Ole Miss saw me the last couple of days during the live period and they instantly saw my talent. They showed me some film of one of their players and they made it clear that they could see me doing that on the floor,” he said. “They said they have a good group of players and that I have a chance to play right away.”

St. Joseph’s: “The campus is somewhat familiar because it is close to my house. They were one of the earliest programs to show interest during last season and they kept track of me during the spring and summer,” he said. “When I went on an unofficial visit to the school, everyone naturally got along with one another and the coaches acted as if they had been around each player for their whole life.”

Lafayette: “They were the first school to give me interest and they actually ended up being the first to offer too. The coaches are very friendly and easy to talk to,” he said. “They have good academics and the coaches there mainly focus on building relationships with the players.”

TL;DR version: Fire Wojo

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6234 on: March 23, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »

See Olejeye, Semi. A lesson in what former 5 stars who commit to Duke and then transfer can end up doing.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #6235 on: March 23, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »
See Olejeye, Semi. A lesson in what former 5 stars who commit to Duke and then transfer can end up doing.

Do we have any idea if Wojo is "allowed" to take on K's departed players?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6236 on: March 23, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »

I don't think K would have any issue with it if that's what your ask. The Duke coaching tree is very complimentary of each other. However, I would imagine that young Chase probably wants to get away from all things Duke related since he was recruited over in Cameron.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6237 on: March 23, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »
Im guessing he can. Wojo wasn't there when he was playing

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6238 on: March 23, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »

Yep.  Guy is a monster. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6239 on: March 23, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »

Seemed like a perfect fit when he left Duke. Was surprised no one with Duke ties even seemed to reach out to him. Would've been a perfect fit here and a program changer this past year. Put Ojeleye on this past year's team and we're top-15.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6240 on: March 23, 2017, 01:29:56 PM »
I don't think K would have any issue with it if that's what your ask. The Duke coaching tree is very complimentary of each other. However, I would imagine that young Chase probably wants to get away from all things Duke related since he was recruited over in Cameron.

Want to go to a blue blood?  Be prepared to play very little your freshman year, and then be recruited over each year.  Only reason it makes sense to go to a school like that is you're pretty much a sure fire 1 and done, IMO.

Cautionary tale for a guy like Joey Hauser.  Makes me wonder if Henry would be in the NBA right now had he went to Kentucky. Just look at guys like Wenyen Gabriel and former Marquette target Sacha Killeya-Jones.  Those two dudes, especially Killeya Jones hardly saw the court this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6241 on: March 23, 2017, 01:38:32 PM »
Seemed like a perfect fit when he left Duke. Was surprised no one with Duke ties even seemed to reach out to him. Would've been a perfect fit here and a program changer this past year. Put Ojeleye on this past year's team and we're top-15.

I thought there were some (very serious) questions about his character.  Wasn't he the one and only person (or maybe it was the second ever) that K has kicked off of his team?  I might be thinking of the wrong guy though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6242 on: March 23, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »
I thought there were some (very serious) questions about his character.  Wasn't he the one and only person (or maybe it was the second ever) that K has kicked off of his team?  I might be thinking of the wrong guy though.

Wrong guy.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6243 on: March 23, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »
He kicked off Rasheed Sulimon and he played at maryland last year

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #6244 on: March 23, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »

that would be RS who went to Maryland.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6245 on: March 23, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »
that would be RS who went to Maryland.
Rasheed Sulimon

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #6246 on: March 23, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »

In this article Chase Jeter said he wants to be closer to home.  Don't know if this was just standard "transfer-speak" or not.  http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/03/23/chase-jeter-transfer-duke/

Jeter is a Las Vegas native (Bishop Gorman HS).  Marvin Menzies would LOVE to have him at UNLV.  The Rebels finished last in a poor MWC this year.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #6247 on: March 23, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
Just saw this:

Jeff Borzello‏Verified account
@jeffborzello

Virginia guard Darius Thompson will graduate and transfer. Third player to leave the Cavaliers in the last two days.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6248 on: March 23, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
Just saw this:

Jeff Borzello‏Verified account
@jeffborzello

Virginia guard Darius Thompson will graduate and transfer. Third player to leave the Cavaliers in the last two days.
Is he a solid player?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #6249 on: March 23, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »
Is he a solid player?

Solid seems to be an accurate description. Low usage. Pretty high efficiency. No idea about his skills as a defender. If he's a good defender I'd take a look