[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8430531 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/19
« Reply #19700 on: August 20, 2019, 05:48:37 PM »
I heard that Nix just wasn't competitive enough. His desire to win a basketball game was not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... only thing that has ever mattered to him in his life and thus Wojo cooled on him.
Makes perfect sense in light of what I heard about Gard at Wisconsin. He has cooled on all the 5 star players in the next five classes since he believes they will not score a 38 on the ACT which is the minimum to get into Wisconsin.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19701 on: August 20, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »
I heard that Nix just wasn't competitive enough. His desire to win a basketball game was not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... only thing that has ever mattered to him in his life and thus Wojo cooled on him.

Anyone that can be a wise ass about being a competitor, obviously is not one themselves, and has no idea what being a competitor truly is.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19702 on: August 20, 2019, 05:55:41 PM »
Anyone who bases their entire happiness around the decisions and actions of 18-22 year olds has no idea how to be truly happy.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19703 on: August 20, 2019, 06:12:31 PM »
Anyone that can be a wise ass about being a competitor, obviously is not one themselves, and has no idea what being a competitor truly is.
There it is...I was waiting for it.
Guru....scooper’s sole true competitor!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19704 on: August 20, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »

Lay off the bong.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19705 on: August 20, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »
Anyone who bases their entire happiness around the decisions and actions of 18-22 year olds has no idea how to be truly happy.

Really, anyone who bases their entire happiness around any sporting endeavor they have no control over, has no idea how to be truly happy
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19706 on: August 20, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »

Anyone who ASSUMES that is what my entire happiness is based on...well shouldn't make an ASS of themselves. And besides, why does or should anyone care what makes me(or anyone) happy or not happy?? Can't we all decide that for ourselves?? Why should ANYONE judge another person and play holier than thou about what should or should not be appropriate as far as what makes someone happy?? I guess I didn't realize that the things in my life that make me happy had that much of an adverse affect on people on a message board that I have never met. Weird. If my family and friends aren't affected by it(as long as I'm happy with my life) why would anonymous people on a message board care so much to the point that they feel the need to lecture me on what should or shouldn't make me happy??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19707 on: August 20, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »
Anyone who ASSUMES that is what my entire happiness is based on...well shouldn't make an ASS of themselves. And besides, why does or should anyone care what makes me(or anyone) happy or not happy?? Can't we all decide that for ourselves?? Why should ANYONE judge another person and play holier than thou about what should or should not be appropriate as far as what makes someone happy?? I guess I didn't realize that the things in my life that make me happy had that much of an adverse affect on people on a message board that I have never met. Weird. If my family and friends aren't affected by it(as long as I'm happy with my life) why would anonymous people on a message board care so much to the point that they feel the need to lecture me on what should or shouldn't make me happy??

Relax, have a cream soda
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #19708 on: August 20, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »
I always trust people who say “Trust me”.

This is funny?  Oh, you’re be facetious. Now I get it. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #19709 on: August 20, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »
Relax, have a cream soda
Well, maybe something a little stronger.  muguru(aka MUIceman on another board) has awfully high expectations. 

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #19710 on: August 20, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Out of curiosity. If we were to not win a game in the tourney this year (I think we will). What would most think of Wojo’s tenure?   Is there a point where not winning any tourney games starts to matter?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19711 on: August 20, 2019, 06:54:49 PM »
Yeah, 'bout 5 years ago, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #19712 on: August 20, 2019, 06:56:42 PM »
I will say it again, the season cannot start soon enough

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19713 on: August 20, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »

Up until this point, I have neither quoted you, nor done anything to directly address you.  Why would you ASSUME that I'm addressing you?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19714 on: August 20, 2019, 07:12:46 PM »
Well, maybe something a little stronger.  muguru(aka MUIceman on another board) has awfully high expectations.

Do you have a problem with me having high expectations?? I get called out on this a lot..I'm not sure why?? They are MY expectations, not yours, not my brother's or my sister's or anyone else's. It's better than having low/to no expectations that most here have, wouldn't you agree?? Just because you are satisfied with the program where it is currently, and think it's humming along just fine, doesn't mean others do or are required to, just because the high and mighty nukem does, right?? Or are you the standard bearer?? I know you act like you are a lot of times..

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #19715 on: August 20, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
Do you have a problem with me having high expectations?? I get called out on this a lot..I'm not sure why?? They are MY expectations, not yours, not my brother's or my sister's or anyone else's. It's better than having low/to no expectations that most here have, wouldn't you agree?? Just because you are satisfied with the program where it is currently, and think it's humming along just fine, doesn't mean others do or are required to, just because the high and mighty nukem does, right?? Or are you the standard bearer?? I know you act like you are a lot of times..
No, but you don’t need to beat us over the head about it either.  We all have high hopes, but ....?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19716 on: August 20, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »
Out of curiosity. If we were to not win a game in the tourney this year (I think we will). What would most think of Wojo’s tenure?   Is there a point where not winning any tourney games starts to matter?

No, it's a crap shoot

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19717 on: August 20, 2019, 07:21:22 PM »
Who's calling people out?  I only mentioned that following a general piece of life advice, only one poster felt the need to immediately play the victim card, despite being the only one using profanity.  Everyone is allowed to politely state their opinions and expectations about the program in both broad and specific terms.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #19718 on: August 20, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
Just stop.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19719 on: August 20, 2019, 07:33:15 PM »
Look.  This thread is getting to 1,000 pages.  But it's not going to be with stupid arguments.  I raised what I hope is an interesting, relevant topic.  Let's discuss that.  Thanks.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19720 on: August 20, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »
We are at the phase in the recruiting cycle where the musical chairs aspect is starting to take place. Kids are committing to schools to secure their first choice spots .

I think MU will fare well in this process. The Blue Bloods and the next tier have only so many spots . Once those schools start filling up, MU begins to look very appealing .  2020 is big for us because we have a lot of open spots and playing time to offer.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19721 on: August 20, 2019, 08:11:27 PM »
No, it's a crap shoot

Tom Izzo
Mark Few
Jay Wright
Roy Williams
Coach K

And so many others agree. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #19722 on: August 20, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »
Tom Izzo
Mark Few
Jay Wright
Roy Williams
Coach K

And so many others agree.

But they all win games in the tourney.  Right now, we don’t.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19723 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:53 PM »

But they all win games in the tourney.  Right now, we don’t.

Many of them didn’t either for a number of years....oh those pesky details.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #19724 on: August 20, 2019, 08:25:00 PM »
Many of them didn’t either for a number of years....oh those pesky details.

Actually, the details are as such....We used to win Tourney games.  Wojo took over. Now we don’t.