collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 234532 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 26, 2022, 06:49:49 PM »
Creighton now leads 2-1 and Marquete needs to win to stay alive. Currently 13-11 in the fourth, Creighton leads but Marquette is keeping it close.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: November 26, 2022, 07:17:15 PM »
I don't normally watch volleyball but this 4 set was very captivating. 
Bring on the 5th.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: November 26, 2022, 07:39:29 PM »
Was on the road and just checking in. Way overcoaching here if Marquette is subbing just for blocking purposes there. Setter is way too good to pull out there. When you get your dig you have one option and their block gets the real advantage.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: November 26, 2022, 07:43:50 PM »
Number 1 rule of volleyball I was told as a kid... "you've got to make your serves" we convert on even half those long serves in the fifth set and we win
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1054 on: November 26, 2022, 07:48:44 PM »
Creighton's blocks were huge late. Seemed like we just didn't have the gas left to get over them and the little flips that worked early weren't as effective. Great match, disappointing result.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: November 26, 2022, 08:52:45 PM »
MU is 6 of the last 7 BET finals. 0-6

shoothoops

• All American

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: November 28, 2022, 10:55:37 AM »
Georgia Tech is a tough draw.  And Texas if you win that...woof.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: December 01, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »
One thing about this bracket that is absolutely blowing my mind is that Stanford's reward for getting a number 1 seed is they get to play Pepperdine in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.  Pepperdine beat Baylor, Washington, and Minnesota this season!  And while they did lose each match against them, they've played BYU and San Diego (a 2 seed in the Tournament) in their conference season, so it's not like they've been playing nobody for the last couple months.

It would be like St. Mary's beating Kentucky, Michigan State, and Auburn in the non-conference, finishing behind a dominant Gonzaga and a really solid USF in conference while taking maybe 1 or two other not ideal losses in conference, and giving them a 16 seed when they should probably be like a 7-10 seed.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1060 on: December 02, 2022, 09:26:19 AM »
Marquette took care of business pretty efficiently last night in a 3 set sweep against Ball State.  They face a tough Georgia Tech squad at 6P tonight at the Al for a chance to go to the Sweet 16.  Go Marquette!!!

The match is on ESPN+ if you are unable to attend and want to follow it (assuming you have an ESPN+ subscription also).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: December 02, 2022, 10:01:48 AM »
Marquette took care of business pretty efficiently last night in a 3 set sweep against Ball State.  They face a tough Georgia Tech squad at 6P tonight at the Al for a chance to go to the Sweet 16.  Go Marquette!!!

The match is on ESPN+ if you are unable to attend and want to follow it (assuming you have an ESPN+ subscription also).

Pretty tough draw.  Elite 8 last year.  Bregmann is unreal.  First Team All American last year and played with Brazil's (one of the top teams in the world) national team this past summer.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: December 02, 2022, 07:59:03 PM »
I can't believe this is the first post since this morning.

Women sweep Georgia Tech.

They are going to the sweet 16!
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: December 02, 2022, 08:39:29 PM »

Yeah wish I could've watched.  Looks like they dominated, so they must've played really well.  Texas at Texas will be tough!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1064 on: December 02, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »

Wish I could have gone but was able to watch a lot of it.

They looked pretty dominant again tonight - great to see.  Exciting to see them go to the Sweet 16 for the second time ever.  Go Marquette!!!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1065 on: December 02, 2022, 08:49:24 PM »
Yeah wish I could've watched.  Looks like they dominated, so they must've played really well.  Texas at Texas will be tough!

They looked pretty strong tonight but yeah Texas at Texas is going to be one tough contest.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1066 on: December 02, 2022, 08:53:09 PM »
The Al was awesome tonight. Great first volleyball match for my daughter, though we moved up from our reserved seats to the upper deck because she wanted to dance and I didn't want to be a bother to our neighbors. Straight sets was better than expected. And now we likely get a crack at another top-3 Texas team? We already won that last month. Let's do it again.  8-)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1067 on: December 02, 2022, 08:55:32 PM »
The Al was awesome tonight. Great first volleyball match for my daughter, though we moved up from our reserved seats to the upper deck because she wanted to dance and I didn't want to be a bother to our neighbors. Straight sets was better than expected. And now we likely get a crack at another top-3 Texas team? We already won that last month. Let's do it again.  8-)

I love that about the Al - always let my girls dance away in the upper section of the Al at basketball games and not bother other people.  Glad it was a great environment tonight. I wasn't expecting a 3 set win for them tonight.

Creighton is in the 5th set right now in their first round match against Auburn.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: December 02, 2022, 09:10:49 PM »
Creighton loses round 1 to Auburn.  Hate to see it.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1069 on: December 02, 2022, 09:22:55 PM »
Creighton loses round 1 to Auburn.  Hate to see it.

That surprised me and was disappointed to see it as you said.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1070 on: December 02, 2022, 09:40:31 PM »
All-conference setter didn’t play. Couldn’t overcome it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: December 03, 2022, 08:28:50 AM »
Watched on my phone at a bar in decorah Iowa. Huge win, close first set.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: December 03, 2022, 10:44:09 AM »
How are people watching?  I thought the games were all being shown only on ESPN+, and don't think I'd ever consider getting an ESPN+ subscription.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: December 03, 2022, 10:58:48 AM »
How are people watching?  I thought the games were all being shown only on ESPN+, and don't think I'd ever consider getting an ESPN+ subscription.

ESPN+ figured if we keep advancing what's a single month payment before canceling
Maigh Eo for Sam

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1074 on: December 03, 2022, 12:26:21 PM »

I've had an ESPN+ subscription for awhile - there are a lot of women's basketball games available on there that I'm interested in.