[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 232975 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1075 on: December 03, 2022, 05:52:15 PM »
ESPN+ is easily the best sports subscription  that I have with regard to value. $10 month,. add/drop any time.

Volleyball, Women and Men's college basketball, NBA, Women and Men's College Soccer, pro soccer Women's college softball, Men's NCAA baseball. College football, track and field, field hockey, collece hockey, NHL, pro tennis majors, on and on.

Some of the above are full seasons too.

ESPN+ is perfectly fine for me for NCAA Volleyball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1077 on: December 03, 2022, 07:28:31 PM »
Marquette will host Wisconsin at the Fiserv Forum on September 13, 2023 - will be the first volleyball game at the Fiserv Forum.

https://gomarquette.com/news/2022/12/3/womens-volleyball-volleyball-to-host-wisconsin-at-fiserv-forum-in-2023

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/uw/2022/12/03/marquette-wisconsin-volleyball-teams-to-play-at-fiserv-forum-in-2023/69698636007/?cid=facebook_Milwaukee_Journal_Sentinel&fbclid=IwAR0oJv8nI9uoEquZX95DnfrsneV1ayVfrumduV7OndoQ7OA3upVD4JacsRI

Which is lame because it’ll be the 80% Badger fans. Should’ve let UW do it in the Kohl Hole first before we give up an actual home court advantage to make it a road game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #1078 on: December 04, 2022, 08:06:59 AM »
I can't seem to find anywhere a time and location for the next round vs Texas?  I assume we're heading to Austin but haven't seen that confirmed.  TV coverage?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1079 on: December 04, 2022, 08:08:19 AM »
I can't seem to find anywhere a time and location for the next round vs Texas?  I assume we're heading to Austin but haven't seen that confirmed.  TV coverage?

Highest seed remaining hosts the Sweet Sixteen. Stays there for the Elite 8 even if that team loses their Sweet Sixteen match.

Not sure times have been determined yet.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1080 on: December 04, 2022, 08:27:12 AM »

I don't see anything about time or TV coverage yet - just that it's Thu Dec 8th at Texas.  I'm guessing Marquette -Texas will be the second match of the night (Ohio State-Minnesota is the other match in Austin) since it features the host school.  I did hear them talking about Texas-Ohio State briefly during the 5th quarter TV coverage last night and was thinking each team does actually have another match before that could happen.  But then one commentator did give a nice plug to Marquette and Anchante in particular.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1081 on: December 04, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »
I did a google search and it looks like the regional semifinals are all on Thursday and will be on ESPNU mostly with a couple matches on ESPN2 with the first match starting at 11A EST and last match starting at 9P EST:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/ncaa-volleyball-tv-schedule-2022-espn-btn-pac12-networks/

And I do see volleyball on my YouTube TV lineup at those times.  But no times for each match announced yet as mentioned earlier in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 08:37:58 AM by Marquette Fan »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1082 on: December 04, 2022, 09:50:37 AM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1083 on: December 05, 2022, 09:17:31 AM »
Which is lame because it’ll be the 80% Badger fans. Should’ve let UW do it in the Kohl Hole first before we give up an actual home court advantage to make it a road game.

Marquette will include it in the student and season ticket basketball packages. Also free admission for MUVB campers.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1084 on: December 05, 2022, 05:48:18 PM »
I don't see anything about time or TV coverage yet - just that it's Thu Dec 8th at Texas.  I'm guessing Marquette -Texas will be the second match of the night (Ohio State-Minnesota is the other match in Austin) since it features the host school.  I did hear them talking about Texas-Ohio State briefly during the 5th quarter TV coverage last night and was thinking each team does actually have another match before that could happen.  But then one commentator did give a nice plug to Marquette and Anchante in particular.

Crap, I’m in Austin this week but fly out Thursday night. Wonder if I can change it?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1085 on: December 05, 2022, 06:21:26 PM »
Crap, I’m in Austin this week but fly out Thursday night. Wonder if I can change it?

Would be sweet. The gym they play in looks awesome and is always packed. Plus the MN vs. Ohio State match before it should be awesome. MU match should start early afternoon.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1086 on: December 05, 2022, 06:36:46 PM »
Would be sweet. The gym they play in looks awesome and is always packed. Plus the MN vs. Ohio State match before it should be awesome. MU match should start early afternoon.

If that’s true, might be able to make it! Flight is at 5:30 and traffic is almost never bad in Austin. ;D okay, maybe one set.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1087 on: December 05, 2022, 06:47:23 PM »
If that’s true, might be able to make it! Flight is at 5:30 and traffic is almost never bad in Austin. ;D okay, maybe one set.

The bracket shows 1:30 PM start time. I believe it starts 30 minutes after the OSU/MN March (starts at 11:00). That one could very easily go 5, which would push the 1:30 time back. But if it’s a sweep it could start around 1:00. If you have nothing going on, it’d be worth going to that first match and then just staying as long as you can. Should be some great volleyball. But guessing it’s sold out. Could contact the MU ticket office as they should have an allotment.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1088 on: December 05, 2022, 09:56:41 PM »
The bracket shows 1:30 PM start time. I believe it starts 30 minutes after the OSU/MN March (starts at 11:00). That one could very easily go 5, which would push the 1:30 time back. But if it’s a sweep it could start around 1:00. If you have nothing going on, it’d be worth going to that first match and then just staying as long as you can. Should be some great volleyball. But guessing it’s sold out. Could contact the MU ticket office as they should have an allotment.
Thanks! Appreciate it. Will reach out to MU.
Haven’t been to a sold out women’s volleyball game since my days in Hawaii and the wahine warriors. Would be cool.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1089 on: December 05, 2022, 10:06:33 PM »
Thanks! Appreciate it. Will reach out to MU.
Haven’t been to a sold out women’s volleyball game since my days in Hawaii and the wahine warriors. Would be cool.

Hawaii matches (both men’s and women’s) look awesome. Would love to get to a match there.

Come to think of it, it during classes so the atmosphere might not be as rowdy as it’d be for a normal Texas home match. And the MN/OSU match probably won’t fill up much until the end when Texas fans start showing up for the Texas/MU match.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1090 on: December 05, 2022, 10:27:17 PM »
Hawaii matches (both men’s and women’s) look awesome. Would love to get to a match there.

Come to think of it, it during classes so the atmosphere might not be as rowdy as it’d be for a normal Texas home match. And the MN/OSU match probably won’t fill up much until the end when Texas fans start showing up for the Texas/MU match.

Turns out the current UH coach was a player in the early 90s that we used to know. She was quite the badass.
Back then, they played in a smaller arena, but it was always packed. Fun, wild atmosphere.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1091 on: December 07, 2022, 09:58:49 PM »
A Journal-Sentinel article - https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2022/12/07/marquette-volleyball-in-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16-match-at-texas/69708031007/

Good luck to volleyball tomorrow as they face a very good Texas team at Texas.

It was also interesting for me to read recently that Caroline Dragani is the daughter of former Marquette basketball player Stephanie Krumrei - I remember watching Krumrei play at Marquette. 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2022/12/02/marquette-volleyball-beats-ball-state-in-first-round-ncaa-tournament/69690895007/

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1092 on: December 08, 2022, 11:33:11 AM »
The Texas coach looks like Varys in Game of Thrones
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1093 on: December 08, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »
Texas fans are arrogant unnatural carnal knowledges. As unlikely as it it, I hope Marquette smokes then.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1094 on: December 08, 2022, 11:36:50 AM »
I have a feeling we might be waiting a while to see the MU match.  This OSU vs. MN match is going to be a tight one.

McKenna Wucherer is a freshman OH on MN who went to Brookfield Central.  From what I've heard she chose MN because of Hugh, who is retiring after this season.  Would really suck to see her go to Wisconsin, especially since Wisconsin would keep her as a 3 rotation outside and she's way too good to be that.  That would stunt her development for future national team consideration.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1095 on: December 08, 2022, 11:48:12 AM »
I have a feeling we might be waiting a while to see the MU match.  This OSU vs. MN match is going to be a tight one.

McKenna Wucherer is a freshman OH on MN who went to Brookfield Central.  From what I've heard she chose MN because of Hugh, who is retiring after this season.  Would really suck to see her go to Wisconsin, especially since Wisconsin would keep her as a 3 rotation outside and she's way too good to be that.  That would stunt her development for future national team consideration.

They just said she committed in 8th grade? Wow.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1096 on: December 08, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »

I mean, Marquette has a pin opening…Reistma/Foti is the weak link of the lineup right now.

I imagine there will be a lot of pins who will want to play with Anchante, but would be nice to pick her up if she enters the portal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1097 on: December 08, 2022, 11:59:23 AM »
I mean, Marquette has a pin opening…Reistma/Foti is the weak link of the lineup right now.

I imagine there will be a lot of pins who will want to play with Anchante, but would be nice to pick her up if she enters the portal.

Yeah I think she'd probably look more at a Nebraska/Wisconsin/Texas program.  And she probably should.  Playing the likes of Xavier, Butler, St. John's, Seton Hall, etc. every week won't help her development much.  But hey, if she wants a homecoming I wouldn't be opposed!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1098 on: December 08, 2022, 12:03:15 PM »
Yeah I think she'd probably look more at a Nebraska/Wisconsin/Texas program.  And she probably should.  Playing the likes of Xavier, Butler, St. John's, Seton Hall, etc. every week won't help her development much.  But hey, if she wants a homecoming I wouldn't be opposed!

A lineup of Hamilton, Wucherer, Anchante, Murray, Bray and insert generic Libero here would be a legitimate Final 4 contender.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1099 on: December 08, 2022, 12:36:55 PM »
Wucherer is getting totally dominated in this matchup.  23 for 37 with only 3 errors by the OSU right side?!  Hugh has to get Landfair on that matchup in set 4.