collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199436 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #450 on: August 09, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »
They showed his ship though and made a point to zoom in/focus on it, doubt that he just gives up command of that...

See I just saw a big ship.  I'm sure there are many impressive ships in the iron fleet. I think if Euron was meant to be there they would have showed him doing one of his evil laughs. Pyscopaths are great for ratings.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #451 on: August 09, 2017, 02:38:10 PM »
Loved the last scene of the last episode. Thought it was done in a very realistic way...meaning if dragons were real,  that's exactly how id imagine one would use one in combat.

So many important things happened in that battle. Iron bank likely won't side with Cersei. Dragons introduced to Westeros in a very terrifying way. Tyrions loyalty to Dany is now in question. We now know that the scorpions can work against dragons and so does Dany. Dany will be a lot more hesitant with her dragons from now on methinks.

I think Jaimie gets rescued and captured in the next episode.  How will Dany handle having an important prisoner... Who also literally stabbed her father in the back.

What I liked the most is that I wasnt cheering for anybody during the battle.  I wanted both sides to win and neither side to lose. That's how well this show has developed all of these characters. I'm invested in most of them. I have no idea who I want to see sitting on the iron throne when this is over.
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #452 on: August 09, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »
Loved the last scene of the last episode. Thought it was done in a very realistic way...meaning if dragons were real,  that's exactly how id imagine one would use one in combat.

So many important things happened in that battle. Iron bank likely won't side with Cersei. Dragons introduced to Westeros in a very terrifying way. Tyrions loyalty to Dany is now in question. We now know that the scorpions can work against dragons and so does Dany. Dany will be a lot more hesitant with her dragons from now on methinks.

I think Jaimie gets rescued and captured in the next episode.  How will Dany handle having an important prisoner... Who also literally stabbed her father in the back.

What I liked the most is that I wasnt cheering for anybody during the battle.  I wanted both sides to win and neither side to lose. That's how well this show has developed all of these characters. I'm invested in most of them. I have no idea who I want to see sitting on the iron throne when this is over.

Almost positive the iron bank will side with cersei. They've made too many hints about the gold company for them not to be hired and make a big impact
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #453 on: August 09, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »

Agree on just about all of this.

I curiously found myself cheering both for the dragons AND for Jaime! I wanted Dany to "win," but I didn't want Jaime to get killed. I very much like the character, and I am dying to see how the Dany/Tyrion/Jaime/Jon situation all plays out!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #454 on: August 09, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »

What I liked the most is that I wasnt cheering for anybody during the battle.  I wanted both sides to win and neither side to lose.

You apparently aren't involved in a GoT fantasy league.
Have some patience, FFS.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #455 on: August 09, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »

Was anyone else thinking that Dany and the dragon should have made the second pass at Bronn from behind?  She saw the huge arrow that just missed them the first time.  That was the first thing I thought of when she was making her second her second pass.  (Of course its easier to think from your couch than in the middle of a battle).  I don't think he could have got that thing turned around in time, and there was nothing else threatening the dragon.

I am always thing stuff like that when watching movies.  Like why did Luke go miles down that long tunnel where he was a sitting duck and then take a shot that had to miraculously take a 90 degree turn to drop straight down at the precise right moment instead of just shooting at the opening from above it?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #456 on: August 09, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »
Almost positive the iron bank will side with cersei. They've made too many hints about the gold company for them not to be hired and make a big impact

The banker also repeated "when the gold gets here" like 12 times.  That gold ain't getting anywhere
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #457 on: August 09, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »
Was anyone else thinking that Dany and the dragon should have made the second pass at Bronn from behind?  She saw the huge arrow that just missed them the first time.  That was the first thing I thought of when she was making her second her second pass.  (Of course its easier to think from your couch than in the middle of a battle).  I don't think he could have got that thing turned around in time, and there was nothing else threatening the dragon.

I am always thing stuff like that when watching movies.  Like why did Luke go miles down that long tunnel where he was a sitting duck and then take a shot that had to miraculously take a 90 degree turn to drop straight down at the precise right moment instead of just shooting at the opening from above it?

Thank you!  I always thought that about a new hope.  But I'm pretty sure they showed Bronn rotating the scorpion so he could have kept it trained on Dany. Plus,  I don't think Dany  really controls the flying. Drogon is probably used to being the baddest thing in the sky.  He's just going to charge something head on.
TAMU

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #458 on: August 09, 2017, 03:58:27 PM »
Yeah, they are going to get a ton of hate mail from those wacky "Save the Dragons" folks.

Actually during the battle scene a Dothraki horse was poked by a spear, Bronn's horse had his leg cut off by a Dothraki warrior and Jamie's horse was barbecued by Drogon. I lost count on how may humans were killed though.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #459 on: August 09, 2017, 04:09:51 PM »
Actually during the battle scene a Dothraki horse was poked by a spear, Bronn's horse had his leg cut off by a Dothraki warrior and Jamie's horse was barbecued by Drogon. I lost count on how may humans were killed though.

I haven't looked but I bet there was something in the credits about no animals being harmed. That's usually where it's put nowadays
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #460 on: August 09, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
Thank you!  I always thought that about a new hope.  But I'm pretty sure they showed Bronn rotating the scorpion so he could have kept it trained on Dany. Plus,  I don't think Dany  really controls the flying. Drogon is probably used to being the baddest thing in the sky.  He's just going to charge something head on.

I didn't think it was viable in New Hope because it seemed like the trench they used ended at the exhaust port. Luke had to swoop up as soon as he fired. But I'd have to go back and rewatch.

That was an epic battle for the reasons mentioned. I wanted Jamie and Bronn to win, to lose, to die, wanted Tyrion to get swept into it, Dany to torch them all and also to get shot out of the sky. Martin has done a brilliant job at making so many sides sympathetic.

As far as Euron, I think that was definitely his ship. They zoomed in on it for a reason. Still a part of the storyline that irks me.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #461 on: August 09, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »

Dany did go from a different angle/approach. Bron spun it around

They went through the trench to avoid the surface/tower lasers and to force any enemy fighters to come at them from one direction (behind). I think that was stated

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #462 on: August 09, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »

They went through the trench to avoid the surface/tower lasers and to force any enemy fighters to come at them from one direction (behind). I think that was stated

Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #463 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »

h

Keefe, do you agree with the Alliance flight tactics?

LON

• All American
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:18 AM »
The banker also repeated "when the gold gets here" like 12 times.  That gold ain't getting anywhere

Randyll Tarly explicitly stated the last of the gold was through the gates of King's Landing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #465 on: August 10, 2017, 09:33:12 AM »
My son wanted to know why the wagons that the dragons set ablaze exploded, saying, "It's not like they were full of dynamite or gasoline or anything."

Maybe they had some of the stuff that Cersei used to blow up all of her enemies?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #466 on: August 10, 2017, 10:48:42 AM »
Randyll Tarly explicitly stated the last of the gold was through the gates of King's Landing.

Really? I missed that.
TAMU

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #467 on: August 10, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »
My son wanted to know why the wagons that the dragons set ablaze exploded, saying, "It's not like they were full of dynamite or gasoline or anything."

Maybe they had some of the stuff that Cersei used to blow up all of her enemies?

I think it was more just rapid combustion.  It appears the fire has some thrust behind it.  So I think its a combination of very combustible wood objects being incinerated and them being demolished like if a large rock hit them.  I imagine if a catapult threw a flaming boulder, it would be similar, and the fire from Drogon might be even more concentrated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #468 on: August 10, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »
I think it was more just rapid combustion.  It appears the fire has some thrust behind it.  So I think its a combination of very combustible wood objects being incinerated and them being demolished like if a large rock hit them.  I imagine if a catapult threw a flaming boulder, it would be similar, and the fire from Drogon might be even more concentrated.

Or they could have had them explode just cuz it looked really cool. And that's OK, too!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #469 on: August 10, 2017, 11:51:34 AM »
Lady Stoneheart sighting??

http://time.com/4895235/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-arya-brienne-scene/

1:14 in this video walking in the background

Plus, did know know much about Littlefinger's family background from Braavos, and why he recognized the fighting style of Arya.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Littlefinger-Braavos-Connection-Game-Thrones-43858266
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:56:16 AM by reinko »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #470 on: August 10, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »
Lady Stoneheart sighting??

http://time.com/4895235/game-of-thrones-lady-stoneheart-arya-brienne-scene/

1:14 in this video walking in the background

Plus, did know know much about Littlefinger's family background from Braavos, and why he recognized the fighting style of Arya.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Littlefinger-Braavos-Connection-Game-Thrones-43858266

That article about littlefinger is seriously intriguing. Not sure if there's enough time for that much back story in littlefinger though. I think it's more likely that it'll be a book thing
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:58 PM »
This is a recap of Leslie Jones's running commentary through the last episode.  It's a little long, but it is spectacularly funny all the way through.  Going forward, I want to watch all new GoT episodes at Leslie's place.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvcrwTcA5iw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tvcrwTcA5iw</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #472 on: August 10, 2017, 05:54:34 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #473 on: August 10, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »
That article about littlefinger is seriously intriguing. Not sure if there's enough time for that much back story in littlefinger though. I think it's more likely that it'll be a book thing

The only backstory you need on littlefinger is that, in a previous life, he was Baltimore mayor Tommy Carcetti!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #474 on: August 10, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »
This is a recap of Leslie Jones's running commentary through the last episode.  It's a little long, but it is spectacularly funny all the way through.  Going forward, I want to watch all new GoT episodes at Leslie's place.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvcrwTcA5iw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tvcrwTcA5iw</a>

Good stuff. Digging Leslie's Def Lep shirt, too.