[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199861 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #425 on: August 06, 2017, 09:08:06 PM »
That was absolutely badass. I was happy enough with the setup between Jon and Daenaerys, Arya's return to Winterfell and sparring with Brienne, but that ending...hot damn (emphasis on hot). Best episode of the season so far. Hopefully this is the start of amping it up a bit, we've seen a bit of a slow start.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #426 on: August 06, 2017, 10:17:23 PM »
The one thing that stuck out and seemed very unlike the show was Bronn somehow avoiding all the dragon fire, Dothraki swords, and still being able to fire a perfect arrow/spear and score a direct hit.  Nice to see the Dothraki army actually look imposing.

Was really rooting for both Jamie and Bronn to get torched, but of course, they miraculously survive, while all their soldiers get roasted.

Maisie Williams did a great job training for her training scene.  She looked athletic and natural.  Same can't be said for big, klutzy, Brienne, who has never been believable as a great swordsman.  Nice to see her use some of the moves/poses taught to her by Syrio in season one.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #427 on: August 06, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »
Only 3 episodes left. I love this f*cking show.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #428 on: August 06, 2017, 10:37:51 PM »
People who have read the leaked Season 7 scripts say episode 6 will blow this away and might be at the top of the list of best eps when all is said and done.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #429 on: August 06, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »
People who have read the leaked Season 7 scripts say episode 6 will blow this away and might be at the top of the list of best eps when all is said and done.

Don't get how people can be that impatient to read the leaks.

That being said, and I'm no expert and will need to rewatch the series, but I think Hardhome may be my favorite.

Breaking Bad is my favorite drama. This has a chance when all is said and done.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #430 on: August 06, 2017, 11:25:25 PM »
Don't get how people can be that impatient to read the leaks.

That being said, and I'm no expert and will need to rewatch the series, but I think Hardhome may be my favorite.

Breaking Bad is my favorite drama. This has a chance when all is said and done.

Haven't seen the leaks at all, but my guess is season 6 ends up being the bigger/badder/better version of Hardhome.  I'm guessing it is in either 6 or 7 where we see the northern battle that was in the trailers. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2017, 11:40:12 PM »
I have zero interest in "cheating" and looking ahead. I enjoy not knowing what I'm about to watch - kind of like with sports.

I agree with brew that this was a great episode. Some good character development, and a lot of scenes featuring most of my favorites from the series. The final 15 minutes were intense as hell.

Plot-wise, it's gonna be really interesting to watch Tyrion. He has been loyal to Daenerys, but he obviously loves Jaime very much ... something's gotta give there. He was clearly uneasy watching Jaime's travails during the battle - to the point where he was "talking" to him from afar.

Kind of the way I shout at MU hoopsters through the TV ... except Nova and Butler don't have any dragons!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #432 on: August 07, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »
I have zero interest in "cheating" and looking ahead. I enjoy not knowing what I'm about to watch - kind of like with sports.

The truth is they're called spoilers for a reason. They spoil the show and the viewing experience. What good is a surprise twist if you know it's coming? I try not to even watch trailers to movies anymore because they ruin too much. Especially if I know I'll watch it anyway, why bother? It only makes the product less enjoyable.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #433 on: August 07, 2017, 10:18:45 AM »
How is Jaime going to get out of the water?  I doubt he can swim with a gold hand and a suit full of armor.  All I can think is Bronn saves him, again.  Unless Tyrion looking from afar is able to send some of his men after him to the bottom of the lake.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #434 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:55 AM »
How is Jaime going to get out of the water?  I doubt he can swim with a gold hand and a suit full of armor.  All I can think is Bronn saves him, again.  Unless Tyrion looking from afar is able to send some of his men after him to the bottom of the lake.

Well, like any TV show or movie, truth gets suspended a little sometimes. Especially in fantasies. I mean - Reverse Spoiler Alert - Jon did come back from the dead!

While I don't know if Jaime will swim to safety, he certainly might - gold hand, armor and all.

One thing I'm fairly certain of: As much as GoT likes to kill off major characters, I'm pretty sure they aren't killing off Jaime. Women fans wouldn't like that! (But notice how I only said "fairly" certain.)

chapman

• All American
« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »
How is Jaime going to get out of the water?  I doubt he can swim with a gold hand and a suit full of armor. 

When his suit is full of plot armor, he should be fine.  :D

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #436 on: August 07, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »

I could see Tyrion sending men to drag him out. He's more valuable to Dany alive than dead. I'll admit, though, I thought him and Bronn were both dead and could've easily seen it happening without a second thought from the writers. A bit surprised they both survived, albeit at the bottom of a lake.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #437 on: August 07, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
The question becomes if Jamie lives does tyrion help him escape the way Jamie did or will he show his loyalty to Danny?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #438 on: August 07, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
The question becomes if Jamie lives does tyrion help him escape the way Jamie did or will he show his loyalty to Danny?

Excellent question.

Of course, Jaime can live (somehow) and escape (somehow) without being Dany's prisoner.

Can't wait for episode 5!

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #439 on: August 07, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
Anyone notice the dagger that was drawn in Sams book is the dagger used to try to assasinate Bran? Had to be a reason they did that

And now it is back again....Lots of fanfare for this dagger.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #440 on: August 07, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Excellent question.

Of course, Jaime can live (somehow) and escape (somehow) without being Dany's prisoner.

Can't wait for episode 5!

Possible but on the trailer it looked like they were still on the battlefield so I imagine it'd be hard to escape but stranger things have happened
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #441 on: August 07, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »
One thing I'm fairly certain of: As much as GoT likes to kill off major characters, I'm pretty sure they aren't killing off Jaime. Women fans wouldn't like that! (But notice how I only said "fairly" certain.)

One thing you notice about GoT, when they kill off major characters, its often sudden and unpredictable.  Ned, Joffrey, etc... Jamie sinking in a lake going into the credits?  Nah.  If Drogon had connected and seared him into oblivion?  That would have been a jolt and an "oh sh*t" moment befitting of GoT.

"Flee you idiot. You idiot...you F***ing idiot"...some of Tyrion's lesser lines are his best

MU82

• All American
« Reply #442 on: August 07, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
Possible but on the trailer it looked like they were still on the battlefield so I imagine it'd be hard to escape but stranger things have happened

See ... that's why I don't watch trailers. I didn't need to know that!!!!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #443 on: August 07, 2017, 02:39:08 PM »

Jaime escapes through the Upside Down????
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #444 on: August 07, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
I am surprised they had no disclaimer stating that no animals were harmed in the filming of this episode.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #445 on: August 07, 2017, 03:03:00 PM »
I am surprised they had no disclaimer stating that no animals were harmed in the filming of this episode.

Yeah, they are going to get a ton of hate mail from those wacky "Save the Dragons" folks.
Have some patience, FFS.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #446 on: August 07, 2017, 10:07:04 PM »
I have to assume Jaime is still alive (although with GOT I wouldn't rule anything out).  The main reason is plot development.  GRRM and the HBO writers are pretty well aware of both the overall story arc, and individual character arcs. 

Most of the surprising deaths, especially early on, were easy to set up by focusing on characters important to the overall story arc, that could die a surprising and important death. 

As the series proceeds, most of the overall story arc is created, and the rest deals with the arcs of individual characters.  Jaime has an important arc, mainly in relation to his need to fulfill a destiny (his page in the history books was almost completely empty and it pained him to have Joffrey point this out), and his devotion to Cersei and Tyrion.  The latter are at odds.  The former often manifests itself in duty/honor as captured in Brienne. 

There is a natural arc to set up a moment of Truth re. Cersei/Tyrion...Duty/Honor in relation to Jaime.  It has been set up for 6.5 seasons.  It would be exceeding odd from a story point of few to sacrifice this arc entirely.

That said, he really is in what seems like an unescapable situation, and GOT loves to kill of main characters...if he did live, I hope they deal with it in a somewhat realistic way and it would be nice to add to the arc (e.g. Tyrion saving him somehow).

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #447 on: August 08, 2017, 10:22:35 AM »
Apparently something mentioned by director Matt Shakman implied that Jaime survives when he stated "Jaime, especially, is a great soldier and realises this is going to be a new era."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #448 on: August 09, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
It's poor storytelling. If they spread it out so it takes a few weeks, fine. Instead, we go from Euron capturing the Sand Snakes to his parade through King's Landing to the other side of Westeros (the long way, by ship) in under an hour of screen time.

They never showed Euron at Castley Rock. Just Greyjoy ships. if Dany can split her fleet and send it two places I'm sure Euron can too.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

LON

• All American
« Reply #449 on: August 09, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »
They never showed Euron at Castley Rock. Just Greyjoy ships. if Dany can split her fleet and send it two places I'm sure Euron can too.

They showed his ship though and made a point to zoom in/focus on it, doubt that he just gives up command of that...

feedback